Google Edition Style "Jelly Bean 4.2" Launcher for Galaxy S4?

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there any accurate launchers I can download to make my phone look like the Google Edition S4 without rooting? I'm pretty interested in that interface, I like Stock Android.

Last edited:

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You could always use Nova Launcher and download the updated sun beam wallpaper.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There's no actual launcher that can do this?

There is no "Google" Launcher..but you can download a launcher and create the theme yourself...it shouldn't be difficult
- Download the Red Google Live Wallpaper
- Download the Jelly Bean icon pack
- Download the Jelly Bean Clock widget

All these are available in the Google Play store, and it will look exactly like the Google Edition phone, interface wise
Note you cant get the Google Camera or the Google Notification bar unless u root

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Also, what about this theme?

I'm really looking for opinions from anyone who already has one of these style launchers on their phone already

Also, will changing the launcher affect my battery life at all?

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I saw this article, and if I download Nova, will I be able to go back to stock this easy? I know the phone in the article is an HTC One, but still :p

Yeah its easy, it doesn't replace Touchwiz...its just another interface which you can use if you don't want to use Touchwiz...you can download 5 launchers if you wanted and switch between them easily without affecting anything. You can easily switch back to stock if you wanted

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Also, what about this launcher?

I'm really looking for opinions from anyone who already has one of these style launchers on their phone already

Also, will changing the launcher affect my battery life at all?

Thats not a launcher, thats a theme.
You would have to download Nova Launcher, then download that theme and it will set stuff up for you
You apply the theme through Nova settings

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
nova launcher is ur best bet. i know exactly how u feel bc i came from a gnex and was worried it wont feel the same (which the s4 obvi doesnt) until i installed nova, and wow, it feels like i never left the gnex, especially after transferring the gnex's ringtones/sounds. try nova and play with it, you will love it once u customize it to ur liking. it may seem intimidating or a hassle but its really not.

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried to recreate it on my s4. I only used Nova Launcher Prime, Jelly Bean Clock Widget and the sun beam live wallpaper.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372384257479.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372384257479.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 53

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I want it to look exactly like the Google Edition, so what are the exact settings I need, if someone could provide the information? Also, when I scroll through apps, I don't want it to flip through the widgets too, I just want to go through the apps, like I can in TouchWiz.

Also, if I root, will I be able to get a more exact version of stock without draining my battery? That's my biggest fear I think, that I will root and my battery life will go to crap.