Google Edition Style "Jelly Bean 4.2" Launcher for Galaxy S4?

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I would wait and see if your carrier updates it for you. Then you just do an Over The Air update. The OTA root keeper app just temporarily unroots you, as most carriers won't allow OTA updates on rooted devices.

After you updated, you would simply go back into the application and re-enable for. It's just a click of the button!

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I would wait and see if your carrier updates it for you. Then you just do an Over The Air update. The OTA root keeper app just temporarily unroots you, as most carriers won't allow OTA updates on rooted devices.

After you updated, you would simply go back into the application and re-enable for. It's just a click of the button!

You're so awesome, thank you! If I need any more help, can I contact you here?

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
How do I get the recovery on my device? I want to download CWM, but there is no option for Canadian S4s, so I have to download TWRP. It's a .tar file, now what?

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd recommend TWRP over cwm with all my personal experience it's Def better like for example right now running venom viporone rom on my one cwm won't flash the ota updates but TWRP will similar experience with my s4 but of course different rom

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'd say that complicated things! Lol!

Have you rooted your device?

Hey man! Yes, I rooted and it's AWESOME! I backed up my TouchWiz ROM, just in case I have to revert, and I also flashed the above Google Edition ROM, just in case I want to have that at a later time! Just a quick question, is CyanogenMod just a launcher, or is it more than that?

Thanks a bunch for all your help! You made the experience super easy for me!

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey man! Yes, I rooted and it's AWESOME! I backed up my TouchWiz ROM, just in case I have to revert, and I also flashed the above Google Edition ROM, just in case I want to have that at a later time! Just a quick question, is CyanogenMod just a launcher, or is it more than that?

Thanks a bunch for all your help! You made the experience super easy for me!

I'm real happy for you Joe! Glad I could make your experience as easy as possible!

Cyanogenmod is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) ROM, that's been around since Android 1.6!

It's a ROM for your phone, just like you flashed the Google Edition ROM, to your phone.

Here's some information on it!: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyanogenMod

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The Google edition is amazing, I love it so much! Bloatware is GONE, and I get almost the full 16 GB of internal storage to play with! Just did it now! Plus, all the Samsung Apps work with it, since the creator of the ROM made it like that :p I get the best of both worlds now; TouchWiz apps that I liked with the incredible advantages of the Google Edition ROM.

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
The Google edition is amazing, I love it so much! Bloatware is GONE, and I get almost the full 16 GB of internal storage to play with! Just did it now! Plus, all the Samsung Apps work with it, since the creator of the ROM made it like that :p I get the best of both worlds now; TouchWiz apps that I liked with the incredible advantages of the Google Edition ROM.

In glad you did your reading Joe!

Glad this process was easy to do!

andrewwells

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
You can get download link for google camera. Apk no rooting from high on android or xda dev site same same search bar and nova and nova prime launcher all very easy don't root unless you are a top android nerd I killed a perfectly good s3 doing just that learnt a lot but cost lots to fix got an lte s4 now. S?oo happy ha ha. Just go onto xda bruv find all you need to know very cleaver fellows. Peace n love its the way forword