Air Gestures not working at all

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't get Air Gestures to work... at all

I've gone into all the settings and turned everything on. Yes, even the settings within the settings (Settings > My Device > Motions and Gestures > Air Gesture > Quick Glance, Air Jump, etc...)
I've even restarted, taken battery out, etc...

Everything is set to On but no luck. Even when I go to each one and select 'Try it', it doesn't even work then!

Could my sensor be broken? Seems strange...

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't get Air Gestures to work... at all

I've gone into all the settings and turned everything on. Yes, even the settings within the settings (Settings > My Device > Motions and Gestures > Air Gesture > Quick Glance, Air Jump, etc...)
I've even restarted, taken battery out, etc...

Everything is set to On but no luck. Even when I go to each one and select 'Try it', it doesn't even work then!

Could my sensor be broken? Seems strange...

That is weird. May need a factory reset to really know...

? Sent from my Galaxy S4 ?
??? Formerly "Evo_Girl"

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Weird thing is that Air View does work...

Most of the motion stuff works except for the ones that would require the same sensor Air Gesture uses... like Direct Call doesn't work. The one where if you're sending someone a text and just want to call them, you can put phone to you ear and it calls them. Mine won't.

Something is definitely up with my sensor, right?

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
This might not be the problem but for some of those gestures your phone has to be flat on the surface to work. This is only true for quick glance.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Tried this as well. Even the quick glance test doesn't work when flat on the surface ha

Hmm. The proximity sensors use gyro in some instances and ambient light in others... also, the air view needs to see your eyes... I dont know, I wonder if there is an app to test the sensors?

??? Formerly "Evo_Girl"

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is incredibly frustrating

The freakin hand motion thing will even show up in my menu bar telling me I can use it. Then when I try, nothing happens

Grrrrr, here goes a hard reset :(

Update: Just did a hard reset, and my air gestures STILL DO NOT WORK :'(

Last edited:

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This is incredibly frustrating

The freakin hand motion thing will even show up in my menu bar telling me I can use it. Then when I try, nothing happens

Grrrrr, here goes a hard reset :(

Update: Just did a hard reset, and my air gestures STILL DO NOT WORK :'(

Yeah I would take it back...

??? Formerly "Evo_Girl"

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
It only works with specific apps.....ie IE browser; "Mail".....
now try it again.

Also, you must turn on individual gestures, not just the main switch....have you done that?

Last edited:

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This diagnosis trick is really nice tells you everything. Thanks for this.

Doing it now... under Gesture Sensor > Crosstalk it shows "Direction : No Detecting" then I'll press Start and have no idea what these results mean haha
under Direction, it says No Direction... when I press Start, nothing happens.

Not even sure what I should be looking for haha

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's good if it doesn't say nothing because mine has a whole lot of numbers. I would see if you can bring it back and get a new one. I should have asked this first did you restarting the phone?

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's good if it doesn't say nothing because mine has a whole lot of numbers. I would see if you can bring it back and get a new one. I should have asked this first did you restarting the phone?

Yes, I did a hard reset AND I've quadruple checked all settings are turned on. Even the settings WITHIN the settings... yes I know about them. sigh

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63