View Poll Results: I moved over to Android!

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - of course!

49 76.56%
  • Thinking about it - on the fence.

11 17.19%
  • Nope - I moved back to IOS

4 6.25%
08-17-2013 01:06 PM
80 ... 234
tools
    good
    08-16-2013 03:17 AM
    Moved from iphone 4 right when the S4 was released. I was looking to change for a while anyways, and the S4 caught my eye. I miss some little things like emoji keyboard, tapping the top of the screen to scroll all the way up, and some other examples I cant remember. Nothing too big, except maybe imessage and the attaching files thing. I also miss a lot of apps that were in the app store and dont have counterparts (yet) in the play store. Hopefully this can change in the near future.
    I moved because I was getting bored of ios, and even jailbreaking could only get me so far, so I switched to something more malleable. I really like messing with my phone, and the s4 (or any android I guess) gives me many more options in that sense. I have tiny hands so I was afraid the s4 was going to be difficult to use compared to the tiny iphone 4, but I have never been happier with it! I cant reach every corner of the screen using just one hand anymore, so I guess thats one down side, but I am more than pleased with the increased screen real estste. It still fits into my jean pockets (although I get paranoid it'll fall out).
    The battery life on my s4 seeems to be shorter than my iphone 4 but that might just be because I am always using it. I am a frequent texter, and if im not doing that, then some other social network/reading/etc. I typically charge my phone at least once during the say and once before I sleep. It does tend to get hot when I use it while charging so I try not to charge it overnight (just in case). It also seems like the battery drain is a bit faster than my old iphone, but thats probably something to do with how much more powerful the phone is. I try not to ever have background apps running, and I use Juice Defender, although im not sure how much that helps.

I have had a great time switching over and would do it again in a heartbeat! I still like ios now and again (like on my ipad) but I am more than pleased to have made this choice. Hope you like your choice too!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    08-16-2013 03:57 AM
    I switched from the 5. Only thing I miss is being able to text and face time my daughter on her ipod but there's alternative apps for that. I've been bored with the iPhone for a while now. Loving the s4 it's a wonderful device happy to have it. Won't b going back to Apple. I believe Google has done a wonderful job getting Android where it needs to be
    tapped out on my S4
    08-16-2013 01:06 PM
    I first switched to android last year. I had been using iPhones for 4 years prior to that. My iPhone 4 was stolen and my upgrade wasn't due for another 2 months and didn't want to but another iPhone when all I had to do was wait 2 months. So I bought a Samsung Galaxy Y, with the intention of upgrading to the iPhone 4S in 2 months. The galaxy Y wasn't a good phone but it introduced me to android and I saw a lot of potential in the platform. I thought that a higher end Android phone would be a lot better and had enjoyed using Samsung so decided to get the Galaxy note on upgrade.

I've had some problems with the phone which frustrated me a lot and there were times when I thought about going back to apple. I bought some Apple products during the past year (ipad and ipod) but never changed my phone. On my latest upgrade I decided to upgrade to the S4. I couldn't see the point in getting the iPhone 5.

When I first came on to android many apps were not available and things didn't work as well as on iOS. So I might miss the simplicity of Apple products. The play store also didn't have a lot of content. In my country when I started with android it was only apps, over the past year books, magazines, music and movies and TV shows were added. At first I used to miss the iOS ecosystem, but not as much now.

Posted via Android Central App
    Mahender Shahani likes this.
    08-17-2013 12:33 PM
    I switched from iphone5. After one week, returned because I missed my iPhone. First I have to say the S4 was a very nice device. People say iOS is behind and I thought so too hence the switch, but once I got it and used it, I realized neither device does something the other cant in regards to real world use. Although cool, but gimmicky, I don't consider air gestures and scrolling with my eyes real world use ( thats me, if you use it daily, please dont take offense). But what really made me miss iOS was the flow and how direct iOS. I though that apple speech about simplicity was cheesy, but after the switch, I have to agree. I had many android phones prior to my first iPhone which was the 4, but now I guess iOS just works for me. And the biggest thing was the ease of on handed use of the iPhone. I never realized how important that was until I had the galaxy. It's very useful for quick tasks while on the go as I am giving my perspective from a working environment. Also noticed, the camera was quicker on the iPhone. My good friend switched from 5 to an s4 a while back and loves it, so its a tough call.
    08-17-2013 01:06 PM
80 ... 234