Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Clock Lag

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I had that lag on my Photon 4G. But never seen it on my Galaxy S4.
Now I'm using the S-View case and the clock is still fine.
Maybe not all GS4 devices have that lag?

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Are there different kinds of clocks to choose from?

I might try it sometime in the future if I get bored of the stock one.

There's a handful of them, but they aren't all that different. There's 5 digial and 2 analog and I haven't seen any way to add more.

The really awesome thing about it is the extensions. They can add other information to the widget like battery usage, cell strength, weather, a quick link to Shazam, Tasker variables/tasks, stuff like that.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
There's a handful of them, but they aren't all that different. There's 5 digial and 2 analog and I haven't seen any way to add more.

The really awesome thing about it is the extensions. They can add other information to the widget like battery usage, cell strength, weather, a quick link to Shazam, Tasker variables/tasks, stuff like that.

Yeah I'm pretty surprised there aren't way more options for how the clock looks...or a way to change the size...but I picked the one with the bold hour number and normal font minutes and I'm really happy with how it looks.

MAK85

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes there are different clocks to choose from for lock screen. I use DashClock and there is no lag and is customizable with extensions

Are there different kinds of clocks to choose from?

I might try it sometime in the future if I get bored of the stock one.

bspieler81

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I have this issue with the S4, please allow me to elaborate. The biggest annoyance I have with this is not being able to use an alarm clock. When my phone is in "sleep" (black screen), I'm pretty sure the time doesn't change. Since the time doesn't change, my alarm clock wont go off at the time its supposed to since it doesn't know what the current time. It's only when I tap a button (home-screen-button or power button) that awakens the screen will I see the time refresh (maybe a 1 sec lag from old time to current time). I just got the phone, upgraded from the S3 which didn't have this issue. I would prefer not to hard reset/format the phone if anyone has any luck with any clock apps mentioned here or if this is an OS issue which might cause any app to not keep time the way it should. Thanks.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I use my S4 as an alarm clock pretty frequently and haven't had any issues with it not going off. I think the lag is from the widget not keeping up with time while the phone is asleep, not that the phone doesn't keep time while it's asleep. It should be pretty easy to test for yourself, though.

coretekk

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Have the same issue with the S4. Clock needs more than a couple of seconds to update. Really annoying, my HTC was working fine all the way with android 2.xx.

I also encountered the alarm not going off at the right time. Instead it was set to the time I previously saved in this home-screen-widged-alarm which was 1 hour to early.
So I guess the "alarm not going off" is some other weird bug.

Bodrul

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. It is really annoying, I need to quickly check the time a lot when I'm at work. Anyone know how to fix this?

Posted via Android Central App

Emilio Ziere

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem. I just bought the s4 and got this delay in the clock of my screenlock. Also the personal message wasn't showing. I did the following and it helped because i dont experience any delay at all anymore: Go to settings > My device > Lock Screen. from there you can go to widgets lockscreen and then you see that there is an option for clock OR personal message. Mine was on personal message, which i find very useless really by the way, so i changed it to only clock. problem solved somehow. Maybe the personal message widget is causing the delay because at first i did not have a problem at all until i changed my personal message. (to make it more personal than: "life companion") :confused:

Hope this can be the solution for all of you.

Felderburg

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have an S4 mini, and I did not have this issue until the Kit Kat 4.4.2 update a few days ago. Switching from personal message to clock seems to have solved it, but the phone was provided by work, so my personal message was work's number to call if found. If someone is nice enough to return it, how will they know where to go now?

Also, it appears that lock screen issues are a kit kat thing: How to fix Android 4.4.2 problems on the Galaxy S4 - AndroidPIT

bobbydb1

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I charge and restart my S4 every morning when I get up. That fixes this problem for me. After the restart it always displays the correct time.