Is there a way to change how the icons look on the GS4?

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app that let's change the icons on the ugly touch Wiz UI that would not require a new launcher?

Posted via Android Central App

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
No idea. Why not get a launcher? :eek:
This is how I have my icons right now

ipb3g9.png

GS4 Love

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell, no. You'll need to change the launcher, I'd recommend Nova though it'll pretty much make your UI look like stock Android.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I like that look. Only reason is the lock screen still will have the ugly touch Wiz icons that's why I was wondering if there is a way of doing it on the stock launcher

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I like that look. Only reason is the lock screen still will have the ugly touch Wiz icons that's why I was wondering if there is a way of doing it on the stock launcher

You won't be able change the ones on the lock screen since their slaved to the original icons even if you change the ones on the home screen.

The only solution is a launcher and WidgetLocker.

Or...

Root.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

+1 to what craigrn16 said and;
Oops meant +1 to Linebarrel86

If you want to change icons on the stock launcher Desktop VisualizeR or Icon Changer are options for changing individual icons. A launcher like Nova will allow you to apply icon themes system wide but not to the lock screen, they will still look like stock Touchwiz. An add on to the launcher like WidgetLocker Lockscreen allows you to customize the lock screen to include icons and widgets.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
+1 to what craigrn16 said and;
Oops meant +1 to Linebarrel86

If you want to change icons on the stock launcher Desktop VisualizeR or Icon Changer are options for changing individual icons. A launcher like Nova will allow you to apply icon themes system wide but not to the lock screen, they will still look like stock Touchwiz. An add on to the launcher like WidgetLocker Lockscreen allows you to customize the lock screen to include icons and widgets.

What is Desktop visualizeR?

bencpht

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Currently using apex launcher, but still have touch wiz as default. When I press the home button I can pick which launcher to use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12