08-15-2013 09:44 PM
146 1234 ...
tools
    i just got a HTC one the other day, great phone but my battery life is absolutely horrible, plus theres some features i definitely like better with the S4

in your opinion would it be worth it to switch? give me some reasons to please hahaah
    I was on the opposite side of that but in the same boat. I was going to return and get a htc one bt decided to keep the s4. I just think it's a better overall phone. Stick with your instincts.

Posted via Android Central App
    hadwilmon likes this.
    06-29-2013 09:09 AM
    This is what you get with a Galaxy phone, the option to have an extended battery, and not be limited to a phone that can't last a full day

Go with ZeroLemon

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user
    I see you forgot to say opinion because the one has several other things over the S4 then build quality!!!!!

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk
    06-29-2013 09:31 AM
    I get about 4 hrs of Screen time on with my GS4, some people have gotten more though...depends on your settings
    I am a moderate-heavy user

The thing I LOVE about my GS4 especially after this new update is that when the screen is off, my battery DOES NOT go down like other phones....I could be at 95% battery and leave my phone for l 2hrs and I'd be like at 93%
    Other phones you leave it at 95% and 2 hrs later you would be at 75% or lower without even using the phone
    While I agree that the S4 has an amazing battery.. I just had to say I don't know what phone you used that lost that much power in 2 hours lol.

I went to bed last night at 3am with 55 percent. Woke up around 1025 and had 50. My power only drops a lot if I am using heavy data or have the screen on a lot (which is to be expected).

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    06-29-2013 09:42 AM
    I'm on VZW, and we'll soon have the One.
    I'm debating S4 vs One myself. I don't care about the gimmicky stuff because I'm just going to unlock whichever I get and put a custom ROM and kernel on it, so OS isn't an issue.
    I don't care about air touch or beats audio, those are just gimmicks that I'll never use.

The only thing spec wise I didn't like about the One is 4 megapixel camera. Seems they could've done better than that.
    Are they the same size? The One has a smaller screen, but I think they're the same size? Also, does the one have permanent soft keys(the buttons that light up to show home, menu, back, and events), or are they software(when you rotate the screen the soft keys rotate too. They're part of the OS, not the phone)?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-29-2013 09:59 AM
    You have to realize the One is a 4 ULTRApixel phone. Vast difference from megapixels.

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1
    06-29-2013 10:08 AM
    Oh? Ultra pixel??? Sounds fancy!
    On a side by side spec comparison of the One/S4, they had it listed as megapixel

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-29-2013 10:11 AM
    No, it's an ultra pixel phone. HTC would've doomed themselves if they put a 4 megapixel camera in their flagship phone lol

Ultra pixels allow for more light to be taken in, in low light environments. The One has an impressive camera, but not better than the S4.. But that's my opinion

orion575 likes this.
    06-29-2013 10:14 AM
    You have to realize the One is a 4 ULTRApixel phone. Vast difference from megapixels.

Its not really that much of a difference...its barely a noticeable difference
    06-29-2013 10:19 AM
    I see you forgot to say opinion because the one has several other things over the S4 then build quality!!!!!

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk
    Like running old software? Lack of accessories in comparison to the S4? Can't add additional storage?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user
    orion575 and benhmadison like this.
    06-29-2013 10:20 AM
    While I agree that the S4 has an amazing battery.. I just had to say I don't know what phone you used that lost that much power in 2 hours lol.

I went to bed last night at 3am with 55 percent. Woke up around 1025 and had 50. My power only drops a lot if I am using heavy data or have the screen on a lot (which is to be expected).

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    I was kind of exaggerating lol but some cases people have had their phones charged about 50% and left it overnight to find it dead in the morning
    06-29-2013 10:21 AM
    Its not really that much of a difference...its barely a noticeable difference
    Have you ever taken a photo in low light?

Hands down best camera for low light on a phone I've ever used..

But I still prefer my trusty S4

06-29-2013 10:21 AM
    Have you ever taken a photo in low light?

Hands down best camera for low light on a phone I've ever used..

But I still prefer my trusty S4

Yeah low light is the only benefit of it, other than that its pretty much the same
    06-29-2013 10:27 AM
    I traded in my HTC One for an s4 and haven't looked back.
    06-29-2013 12:21 PM
    Buy what you like. Everyone's needs may be different. I love the battery life on my One. I'd not have trouble getting through a full day. For me it came down to the screen. S4 screen is just not viewable in bright sunlight. Forget about seeing it on a ski mountain or at the beach on a pretty day. I'm outdoors a lot. The One's screen is much brighter! Also coming from Nexus devices I do not like the physical home button on the S4. Good luck!
    06-29-2013 12:51 PM
    There are pluses and minuses to each phone and I am fortunate to have and use both. While the camera on the S4 is clearly better, the One has Zoes and Highlights which are amazing features that I use on a regular basis and cannot be replicated on the S4. I greatly prefer the larger, more colorful screen on the S4.
    06-29-2013 12:56 PM
    Maybe best Android phone for low light but the best phone to take low light photos is the Lumia 920 - hands down.

I have spent time with the HTC One and the S4, ultimately decided to purchase the S4 which I love! I consider the S4 my best all around phone. In saying that, neither touch the Lumia 920 when it comes to camera capabilities especially in low light situaitons.
    06-29-2013 12:59 PM
    Maybe best Android phone for low light but the best phone to take low light photos is the Lumia 920 - hands down.

Psssst. That isn't an Android phone.....

Sent from my Samsung S4.
    06-29-2013 01:06 PM

Sent from my Samsung S4.
    Lol

GS4 Love
    06-29-2013 01:12 PM

Sent from my Samsung S4.
    LOL I know know however the poster stated it had the best camera in any phone they have ever used, meaning Android or not

While I would agree the HTC One is better than any other android phone in low-light, it is not the best camera phone out there. That is all. LOL.
    06-29-2013 01:27 PM
    Yup, agreed on all points. My main concern was build quality but then I put the Spigen Neo Hybrid case on, and absolutely love the way it looks and feels. Win/win

http://i.imgur.com/7AFAxZpl.jpg?1
    Nice wallpaper. Gig Em.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    06-29-2013 01:52 PM

I have spent time with the HTC One and the S4, ultimately decided to purchase the S4 which I love! I consider the S4 my best all around phone. In saying that, neither touch the Lumia 920 when it comes to camera capabilities especially in low light situaitons.
    Agreed. But who else uses Carl Zeiss Optic Lenses in their phones?

06-29-2013 02:08 PM
    Looking to buy an HTC One right now.....got me wondering if I am making the right choice.
    06-29-2013 02:12 PM
    Looking to buy an HTC One right now.....got me wondering if I am making the right choice.
    It all depends on how you use your cellular device.

I tend to think if you're a flash happy custom ROM addict, and like infinitely customizing your device, the Samsung, or Nexus line of devices are the way to go.

If you enjoy stability, and usability similar (as similar as you can get with Android, mind you) to an iPhone, go with the HTC, and Sony line of devices.

I personally enjoy modding, and customizing my device, so I got an S4. I've had friends that have come from iOS, to the S4, and hated it because it was too complicated for an immediate switch from a competing operating system. They then got the One, and instantly fell in love.

This is simply my two cents on the subject.

benhmadison likes this.
    06-29-2013 02:20 PM
    What weather widget are you using?
    it's called Android Weather & Clock widget
    I like it for its simplicity

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....weather&hl=en
    06-29-2013 02:21 PM
    Nice wallpaper. Gig Em.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Ha! Gig Em

Here's the edited version that fits our GS4 screens well