08-15-2013 09:44 PM
146 ... 23456
tools
    I love it when folks post these screenshots. The fact of the matter is this..these screenshots mean absolutely nothing and why? I found that many individuals will charge their phones throughout the day and still post as if they haven't. Many people don't know that your battery usage reader doesn't reset until it reaches 100% again. So basically you could have had your phone on the charger for some time which this don't not prove. They did it with the Palm Pre as they were claiming 18 hours of battery life.lol
    7000mah extended battery for my gs3

Also available for the gs4 at 7500mah

should i trade my HTC one in-1372831027702.jpg
    should i trade my HTC one in-1372831043734.jpg
    should i trade my HTC one in-1372831053660.jpg

*Kanye shrug *

Wonder what's the max screen time u can get on that HTC device with the non removable back cover. An hour or 2?

Got my phone to last a day (full 24 hours) and then some

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user
    07-03-2013 12:58 AM
    Let's please keep the conversational civil, there is no need for name calling or snarkiness. Offending posts have been deleted.
    07-03-2013 05:03 AM
    Let's please keep the conversational civil, there is no need for name calling.
    Sorry, you are right, but as you can see, this guy comes here to tell us liars, we proved him wrong and keep insulting us, so couldn't help it but to call it as I see it, but you are right, and like I said, I'm not wasting a second more on him or people like him.
    07-03-2013 05:09 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1372831027702.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	72879

Name:	1372831043734.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	72880

Name:	1372831053660.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	72881

*Kanye shrug *

Wonder what's the max screen time u can get on that HTC device with the non removable back cover. An hour or 2?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user
    I cant comment on the HTC one, but my droid DNA that has a smaller battery gets 5/6 hours of on screen time consistently.

Screen shots of battery stats can be very useful if done correctly. You can tell in the stats if the phone has been charged during its battery cycle by a green line that would appear above the blue one, on this device. That is impressive battery life, soundtrack to chaos. Does that extended battery add much bulk to the phone, or is it in a pretty small footprint? I've personally never worried about extended batteries or packs because I'm either always around a charger, or my phone will last me until I am near one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    07-03-2013 05:13 AM
    I rarely see naked phones, everyone I know except one friend has a case on their device.

My friend that doesn't have a case has a huge like in his screen, and I'm glad

A huge what? Cut? Sounds like he needs to be more careful.

I had my S3 the entire time naked and had nothing wrong with it. Sold it to a coworker to give to his wife since it still looked brand new.

Naked phones are easy as long as you don't just toss your phone around .

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    07-03-2013 06:51 AM
    I love it when folks post these screenshots. The fact of the matter is this..these screenshots mean absolutely nothing and why? I found that many individuals will charge their phones throughout the day and still post as if they haven't. Many people don't know that your battery usage reader doesn't reset until it reaches 100% again. So basically you could have had your phone on the charger for some time which this don't not prove. They did it with the Palm Pre as they were claiming 18 hours of battery life.lol
    It actually resets at 90% .

07-03-2013 06:54 AM

I had my S3 the entire time naked and had nothing wrong with it. Sold it to a coworker to give to his wife since it still looked brand new.

I've been using my new GS4 naked since Monday. So far so good! But I bought a case with a holster from Amazon last night since I work in construction.
    Using a device naked is always better but dangerous if you aren't careful.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-03-2013 08:19 AM
    I've been using my new GS4 naked since Monday. So far so good! But I bought a case with a holster from Amazon last night since I work in construction.
    Using a device naked is always better but dangerous if you aren't careful.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    Well of course.. But depends on lifestyle to. Such as I don't work in construction so my chance is way less than yours for damage .

07-03-2013 08:42 AM
    I cant comment on the HTC one, but my droid DNA that has a smaller battery gets 5/6 hours of on screen time consistently.

Screen shots of battery stats can be very useful if done correctly. You can tell in the stats if the phone has been charged during its battery cycle by a green line that would appear above the blue one, on this device. That is impressive battery life, soundtrack to chaos. Does that extended battery add much bulk to the phone, or is it in a pretty small footprint? I've personally never worried about extended batteries or packs because I'm either always around a charger, or my phone will last me until I am near one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    It added some bulk, but after two days, I quickly got adjusted to it and no longer feel the weight at all

I keep a portable battery pack as well, but it's just for in case purposes. I prefer not having to charge my phone every day than to have to charge my phone, and recharge my battery pack after using it to charge my phone, lol

I remember prior to this battery, I would have to charge my battery at mid day just to make it home with some life left. With this is battery, I no longer have to worry and can use my phone as much as I like

I'm a very heavy user, and have tons of background apps syncing all the time, so my device probably isn't the best use case scenario, because I've seen others get 10+ hours of on screen time and over 2+ days of battery life consistently. While I usually just get a day and a half

07-03-2013 09:15 AM

Woops, sorry, 'like' was supposed to be 'line'

07-03-2013 09:16 AM
    Well of course.. But depends on lifestyle to. Such as I don't work in construction so my chance is way less than yours for damage .

I dropped my phone about 3 times since I got it, 1 time in tile, the others were on carpet. All times I had a case on thankfully

07-03-2013 09:17 AM
    I dropped my phone about 3 times since I got it, 1 time in tile, the others were on carpet. All times I had a case on thankfully

Clumsy! :P. I dropped my S3 maybe 2 times the whole time I had it . I just ensure to always have a very firm grip before I pull it out the pocket.

07-03-2013 09:50 AM
    I currently have an HTC One and with the way I use the phone I am very happy with battery life. The build quality is great and it feels much more solid and expensive than compared to the S4. As others have pointed out feel goes away once a case is on the phone. The HTC One is a fairly heavy phone (this does not bother me) and I wonder how the weight of the S4 with a larger battery compares to the HTC One. I did not think I would use the built in speakers on the HTC one but sometimes it is nice to just be able to turn on music and actually have it sound good (for a phone). I also get decent signal coverage in my house which is something the last several phones I have used did not get - including an S2.

Now before I get flamed for my posting there is a reason for it. I have been debating swapping for an S4. The HTC One is a great phone but I am disappointed in the camera and running 4.1.2 too many apps have black bars.

When I used an S4 (developer edition) at Costco there was no lag in the phone and everything seemed to be turned on. I was surprised at how much bigger the extra .3" of screen seemed to make. I was however disappointed with the lag on the camera. The One takes a picture pretty much instantly. The S4's lag did not seem as bad as my S2. One of my concerns in going with the S4 is the number of threads where people seem to have issues as compared to the HTC One.

Someone on here recommended purchasing an S4 and running both phones for ~2 weeks. I think I am going to try and go grab an S4 today and see which phone works better for me. As others have stated it would be fantastic if I could combine the best features of the One and the S4. I think they are both great phones with their pluses and minuses.

Now to figure out which phone works best for me. This is the most trouble I have had in deciding between phones.
    07-03-2013 10:05 AM
    Clumsy! :P. I dropped my S3 maybe 2 times the whole time I had it . I just ensure to always have a very firm grip before I pull it out the pocket.

Lol, mine always fell when it was on my lap for some reason

07-03-2013 11:11 AM
    I currently have an HTC One and with the way I use the phone I am very happy with battery life. The build quality is great and it feels much more solid and expensive than compared to the S4. As others have pointed out feel goes away once a case is on the phone. The HTC One is a fairly heavy phone (this does not bother me) and I wonder how the weight of the S4 with a larger battery compares to the HTC One. I did not think I would use the built in speakers on the HTC one but sometimes it is nice to just be able to turn on music and actually have it sound good (for a phone). I also get decent signal coverage in my house which is something the last several phones I have used did not get - including an S2.

Now before I get flamed for my posting there is a reason for it. I have been debating swapping for an S4. The HTC One is a great phone but I am disappointed in the camera and running 4.1.2 too many apps have black bars.

When I used an S4 (developer edition) at Costco there was no lag in the phone and everything seemed to be turned on. I was surprised at how much bigger the extra .3" of screen seemed to make. I was however disappointed with the lag on the camera. The One takes a picture pretty much instantly. The S4's lag did not seem as bad as my S2. One of my concerns in going with the S4 is the number of threads where people seem to have issues as compared to the HTC One.

Someone on here recommended purchasing an S4 and running both phones for ~2 weeks. I think I am going to try and go grab an S4 today and see which phone works better for me. As others have stated it would be fantastic if I could combine the best features of the One and the S4. I think they are both great phones with their pluses and minuses.

Now to figure out which phone works best for me. This is the most trouble I have had in deciding between phones.
    Wait wait wait... The HTC one is a! Fairly heavy phone '?

Are u made out of paper, lol?

Also, while the HTC one may feel more expensive, I read a few months ago (forgot to save the link) that the Samsung s4 was the more expensive phone to make in comparison, due to the internals

07-03-2013 11:13 AM

Also, while the HTC one may feel more expensive, I read a few months ago (forgot to save the link) that the Samsung s4 was the more expensive phone to make in comparison, due to the internals

Yes the HTC One is fairly heavy for a phone. This is simply an observation when comparing to other stock phones and not a complaint. I did not say it was too heavy or uncomfortable. Compare the weight between the HTC One and the S4 and the difference is noticeable.

Looks like the GS4 costs ~$237 to manufacture (parts & labor according to iSuppli). I was unable to find the information on the HTC One. Regardless of cost the HTC one feels and looks more expensive.
    07-03-2013 11:45 AM
    HTC One doesn't have ridiculous battery life but it isn't bad. If battery life is a concern I can plan ahead and take a external battery pack.
    07-03-2013 11:58 AM
    Last I checked, a day was 24 hours, and unless your battery is good enough to do that, u shouldn't have the phone

Get the gs4,theres plenty of selection for extended batteries for it
    LOL contradict yourself much?
    07-03-2013 11:59 AM

The HTC One is a more heavy phone than others is what he meant. I noticed a difference in weight from my S3.

He isn't saying it's hard to lift or something lol.

07-03-2013 12:39 PM
    My friend..If you have Sprint service then no matter what phone you get it will have horrid battery life. Now if you have a GSM carrier the HTC will beat the S4 but not by a long shot. Its up to you to believe that the s4 gets more than 3 hours of screen time before your low battery indicator comes on ..Its just not possible. I have the mighty battery GN2 and I can't muster out 4 hours of screen on time on any given day and thats with brightness very low. What I have found in these forums is that people will ALWAYS come to the defense of their phones even if it stretches their integrity. If you want a laggy, stuttery, choppy Android experience I suggest you stay put on your existing purchase.
    I have been watching Southpark on my phone for the last 4 hours and my S4 still has more than 60 percent battery... I smell a troll!!
    07-03-2013 01:29 PM
    LOL contradict yourself much?
    How? My battery lasted a day and 11 hours

07-03-2013 03:10 PM

*Kanye shrug *

LOL

Seriously, get a grip. Head on over to any HTC One battery thread. With its puny 2300mah battery, people have been squeezing out 7+ hours screen on time. Pretty good, for not having a humongous, unsightly 7000mah extended battery.

07-03-2013 03:28 PM
    LOL

Seriously, get a grip. Head on over to any HTC One battery thread. With its puny 2300mah battery, people have been squeezing out 7+ hours screen on time. Pretty good, for not having a humongous, unsightly 7000mah extended battery.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/28/tyzupepy.jpg
    *slow clap* wow you managed to make it a little over half a day, that's cute

Maybe I'd be more impressed if u didn't spend the whole day on wifi

This is from a few days ago

should i trade my HTC one in-1372883775880.jpg

8+ hours of held wake time as well

07-03-2013 03:36 PM
    lol

You do realize what you are doing? Comparing a phone with a 7000mah battery to a 2300mah battery. The only reason I even brought up screen on time was because you made a pretty bold, almost insulting assertion that the HTC One couldn't even get 1-2 hours of screen time. This was just one example, and it proves your silly claim very wrong. But there are many more to be had, and yes, they're not on wifi, and some pull 2 days. (But that's a pretty useless way to measure battery life - screen on time is much better.) Like I said, look through a battery life thread.

And ps, the 8:30 held-awake time is not something to be proud of. In fact, it's quite the opposite; a terrible result. You have something(s) keeping your phone awake when it shouldn't be, thus way draining your battery. Notice how it's 22 minutes in the screen shot I posted? That's what you should be striving for, and you'll get more life out of your phone if you do.
    07-03-2013 04:04 PM
    I get about 4 hrs of Screen time on with my GS4, some people have gotten more though...depends on your settings
    I am a moderate-heavy user

The thing I LOVE about my GS4 especially after this new update is that when the screen is off, my battery DOES NOT go down like other phones....I could be at 95% battery and leave my phone for l 2hrs and I'd be like at 93%
    Other phones you leave it at 95% and 2 hrs later you would be at 75% or lower without even using the phone
    But are u still getting emails etc?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    07-03-2013 04:05 PM
146 ... 23456