should i trade my HTC one in

BetterrDayz

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
i just got a HTC one the other day, great phone but my battery life is absolutely horrible, plus theres some features i definitely like better with the S4

in your opinion would it be worth it to switch? give me some reasons to please hahaah

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I get about 4 hrs of Screen time on with my GS4, some people have gotten more though...depends on your settings
I am a moderate-heavy user

The thing I LOVE about my GS4 especially after this new update is that when the screen is off, my battery DOES NOT go down like other phones....I could be at 95% battery and leave my phone for l 2hrs and I'd be like at 93%
Other phones you leave it at 95% and 2 hrs later you would be at 75% or lower without even using the phone

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I get about 4 hrs of Screen time on with my GS4, some people have gotten more though...depends on your settings

The thing I LOVE about my GS4 especially after this new update is that when the screen is off, my battery DOES NOT go down like other phones....I could be at 95% battery and leave my phone for l 2hrs and I'd be like at 93%
Other phones you leave it at 95% and 2 hrs later you would be at 75% or lower without even using the phone

+1 about the battery holding a charge while the screen is off. It's great!

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
i just got a HTC one the other day, great phone but my battery life is absolutely horrible, plus theres some features i definitely like better with the S4

in your opinion would it be worth it to switch? give me some reasons to please hahaah

I have to admit that I have been somewhat of a phone addict in recent months. In between my iPhone 5 and my current phone (galaxy S4), I had an Htc One for about a week before ultimately trading it for the S4.

For me it came down to this, the Htc One is a great phone but there were things I just liked better on the S4. The S4 comes out of the box with Jelly bean 4.2 while the One has version 4.1, not a huge factor but with updates being what they are I wanted to at least have the latest to start with. The cameras were another issue. The One takes great pictures but at just 4 megapixels I worried what images would look like in the event I had to heavily crop any of them. So the 13 megapixel on the S4 suit me better. Personally I like the stock email and messaging apps of the S4 better. The screen is also bigger on the S4, albeit only slightly but when you factor in the black bar that appears with some apps on the One you do end up with more usable screen on the S4. I also prefer the three button layout of the S4 to the two buttons on the One and I like having a physical home button. I also like having the power toggles available in the notification shade, very convenient. Lastly, the S4 is feature rich with all kinds of special touches like multi view window (can be really handy at times), air gestures and the like. These features aren't something I use often but having them when you want them versus not having that option made a difference to me.

Well those are my thoughts but it really comes down to what you want and need. Both are great phones. Good luck with your decision.

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
It's up to you i have a friend that had the HTC one and within 5 days he got the s4. Battery on the s4 depends on the setting you have set and what you use it for, I use mine for ever thing work,school,and life things.

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the HTC One for a few months and while i liked the build quality, metal, and overall look & feel... I didn't enjoy the camera. It just wasn't up to my standards coming from an iPhone 5 and knowing how good the GS4 camera was. I also found the battery to be mediocre. And I could not get used to the power button being top left... felt so unnatural! No hard buttons or menu button was a letdown as well.I tried to love it, but I recently traded in for GS4 and can honestly say I'm much happier.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been doing research on both, the HTC One and the Galaxy S4, and trying them in store and every chance I get if friends have these phones.

Finally, today I made the decision to pull the trigger on the GS4! Next Monday night after work I'll be sporting/getting to know my new device, if everything goes as plan.

Some of the reasons why; well, that power button on the wrong side made me go crazy. The phone will be my main shooter during the day, the awkward placement of the Home and Back buttons, bigger screen (on GS4) and a few other things.

"If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!"
~Doctor Who.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I like both !

Posted via Android Central App

I'm bored with both but there's nothing out until Fall. :(

Both are amazing, actually prefer the One but if I had to pick I would go with the S4 because I have NO CONTROL of the 32GB on the One and I can't store my High-Def Movies over 4GB. At least with the S4 I can take advantage of the microSD and reformat it to ExFat.

I love and have no problems watching Video on my Super Phones. I know it's not necessary but I also connect it to my family & friends' HDTV.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Get the phone with the removable back cover

Should have made the correct decision the first time.

The only thing that the one had over the s4 was the build quality, but that gets thrown out the Window when u consider ur going to put a case on the phone anyway, and the fact that phones today do not last all day

Last I checked, a day was 24 hours, and unless your battery is good enough to do that, u shouldn't have the phone

Get the gs4,theres plenty of selection for extended batteries for it

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
This is what you get with a Galaxy phone, the option to have an extended battery, and not be limited to a phone that can't last a full day

Go with ZeroLemon

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

Attachments

• 1372480988235.jpg
    1372480988235.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 123

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I've been back and forth between the two and last week settled on the ONE. Well today I rebought the S4 and fell in love again. The ONE is awesome but the things I cannot get past are the camera quality, power button placement, narrow screen and man is the physical home button awesome. Each person is different and while I love both I think the S4 will become my daily driver once again.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been back and forth between the two and last week settled on the ONE. Well today I rebought the S4 and fell in love again. The ONE is awesome but the things I cannot get past are the camera quality, power button placement, narrow screen and man is the physical home button awesome. Each person is different and while I love both I think the S4 will become my daily driver once again.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Yup, agreed on all points. My main concern was build quality but then I put the Spigen Neo Hybrid case on, and absolutely love the way it looks and feels. Win/win

7AFAxZpl.jpg

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
My friend..If you have Sprint service then no matter what phone you get it will have horrid battery life. Now if you have a GSM carrier the HTC will beat the S4 but not by a long shot. Its up to you to believe that the s4 gets more than 3 hours of screen time before your low battery indicator comes on ..Its just not possible. I have the mighty battery GN2 and I can't muster out 4 hours of screen on time on any given day and thats with brightness very low. What I have found in these forums is that people will ALWAYS come to the defense of their phones even if it stretches their integrity. If you want a laggy, stuttery, choppy Android experience I suggest you stay put on your existing purchase.

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
My friend..If you have Sprint service then no matter what phone you get it will have horrid battery life. Now if you have a GSM carrier the HTC will beat the S4 but not by a long shot. Its up to you to believe that the s4 gets more than 3 hours of screen time before your low battery indicator comes on ..Its just not possible. I have the mighty battery GN2 and I can't muster out 4 hours of screen on time on any given day and thats with brightness very low. What I have found in these forums is that people will ALWAYS come to the defense of their phones even if it stretches their integrity. If you want a laggy, stuttery, choppy Android experience I suggest you stay put on your existing purchase.

Do not listen to this guy, I've seen him trolling around a few times now. There has been much research that the S4 has better battery life. I won't say I can prove this because I don't have both phones but I can tell you personally that my battery is AMAZING. As for the lag and stuttering don't listen to him, I have expierenced ZERO lag since I got this phone, it's very easy to find a solution for this such as adding launchers and disabling animations. People that say their phone lags it's because they haven't played with it enough.

GS4 Love

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Do not listen to this guy, I've seen him trolling around a few times now. There has been much research that the S4 has better battery life. I won't say I can prove this because I don't have both phones but I can tell you personally that my battery is AMAZING. As for the lag and stuttering don't listen to him, I have expierenced ZERO lag since I got this phone, it's very easy to find a solution for this such as adding launchers and disabling animations. People that say their phone lags it's because they haven't played with it enough.

GS4 Love

You shouldn't have to do all these things just to make the phone behave as it should.. Plus you lose all the features that Samsung is proud to advertise. This cpu in this thing can power a game system and is a disgrace that these phone still lag

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
You shouldn't have to do all these things just to make the phone behave as it should.. Plus you lose all the features that Samsung is proud to advertise. This cpu in this thing can power a game system and is a disgrace that these phone still lag.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

What? You lose 1 feature by adding Nova which is moving icons with your hand to another page which is completely pointless.

GS4 Love

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan