should i trade my HTC one in

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Maybe best Android phone for low light but the best phone to take low light photos is the Lumia 920 - hands down.

I have spent time with the HTC One and the S4, ultimately decided to purchase the S4 which I love! I consider the S4 my best all around phone. In saying that, neither touch the Lumia 920 when it comes to camera capabilities especially in low light situaitons.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Psssst. That isn't an Android phone.....

Sent from my Samsung S4.

LOL I know know however the poster stated it had the best camera in any phone they have ever used, meaning Android or not :)

While I would agree the HTC One is better than any other android phone in low-light, it is not the best camera phone out there. That is all. LOL.

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Maybe best Android phone for low light but the best phone to take low light photos is the Lumia 920 - hands down.

I have spent time with the HTC One and the S4, ultimately decided to purchase the S4 which I love! I consider the S4 my best all around phone. In saying that, neither touch the Lumia 920 when it comes to camera capabilities especially in low light situaitons.

Agreed. But who else uses Carl Zeiss Optic Lenses in their phones? :p

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Looking to buy an HTC One right now.....got me wondering if I am making the right choice.

It all depends on how you use your cellular device.

I tend to think if you're a flash happy custom ROM addict, and like infinitely customizing your device, the Samsung, or Nexus line of devices are the way to go.

If you enjoy stability, and usability similar (as similar as you can get with Android, mind you) to an iPhone, go with the HTC, and Sony line of devices.

I personally enjoy modding, and customizing my device, so I got an S4. I've had friends that have come from iOS, to the S4, and hated it because it was too complicated for an immediate switch from a competing operating system. They then got the One, and instantly fell in love.

This is simply my two cents on the subject.

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm on VZW, and we'll soon have the One.
I'm debating S4 vs One myself. I don't care about the gimmicky stuff because I'm just going to unlock whichever I get and put a custom ROM and kernel on it, so OS isn't an issue.
I don't care about air touch or beats audio, those are just gimmicks that I'll never use.

The only thing spec wise I didn't like about the One is 4 megapixel camera. Seems they could've done better than that.
Are they the same size? The One has a smaller screen, but I think they're the same size? Also, does the one have permanent soft keys(the buttons that light up to show home, menu, back, and events), or are they software(when you rotate the screen the soft keys rotate too. They're part of the OS, not the phone)?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The pixels on the One are big, that's why there are less. Please research.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
My friend..If you have Sprint service then no matter what phone you get it will have horrid battery life. Now if you have a GSM carrier the HTC will beat the S4 but not by a long shot. Its up to you to believe that the s4 gets more than 3 hours of screen time before your low battery indicator comes on ..Its just not possible. I have the mighty battery GN2 and I can't muster out 4 hours of screen on time on any given day and thats with brightness very low. What I have found in these forums is that people will ALWAYS come to the defense of their phones even if it stretches their integrity. If you want a laggy, stuttery, choppy Android experience I suggest you stay put on your existing purchase.

What are you talking about?, if you don't own an S4, then don't come here insinuating that we are lying.

I unplug my S4 at 5:30AM, use it everyday at work, not full time, but I pick all my emails (A lot) from the phone, use maps from home to work and viceversa to see the Traffic, Read my Magazines on Google Current, see a couple of Web pages and use for calls about 4 or 5 a day, when I get home at 5:30PM, I'm still at 55-60% and when I plug it at night, after 17 Hours unplugged and 4+ hours of Display Time, I'm still at over 30%.

Trolling much...

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I had the One. Now I'm on the S4. The S4 has better battery life. The only thing I miss on the One is UI. Touch Wiz is so ugly to me. Other than that, the phone us pretty good

Posted via Android Central App

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
The pixels on the One are big, that's why there are less. Please research.

Someone already corrected me on that like three pages ago lol. I googled HTC One vs galaxy S4, and one of the sites that had a side by side spec comparison said 4mp

Anyone who's had had both, could you give a good comparison? What are some common issues with the the One and S4?
If you owned the One, what made you want to switch?

WickedRabbit

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon S4 and consider myself a moderate user and I have always gotten through the entire day on a single charge. Unlike a lot of people, I absolutely refuse to turn certain things off "to save battery" because to me, disabling certain features kill the user experience and I personally don't even want to own a device that I have to manage all of those things to use the phone the way I want. As such, here's how I use my phone daily on average:

I typically unplug my phone each day around 7-8am on average. I can go all the way through midnight or maybe a few hours more before wanting to recharge, typically sitting around 10-15% at that time.

GPS is always on for me. I never turn this off. In fact, I have all 3 GPS options checked. Why? Google Now and other apps I use and I hate killing their functions by disabling GPS.

Wi-Fi I turn off when not connected. Although, I have left it on when out and it doesn't seem to affect battery life as much as I thought it would.

Bluetooth is always on. I constantly stream bluetooth music to my car as I drive (and I'm always driving for probably 2-3 hours on average a day. I also use it to make roughly 1-2 hours of phone calls (typically via bluetooth) a day.

Screen time average is typically 1-2 hours and my brightness is always set to full. I don't fiddle with auto brightness and I don't dim it. I want to see the screen.

I play maybe an average of 20-30 minutes of games each day. Once again, with screen brightness on full.

I am constantly reading/sending email. Probably a good average of 20-40 emails read/sent/replied to and a dozen or so text messages. I am always responding or sending messages via IMO or Voxer, but as you can see from only 1-2 hours of average screen on time, I don't leave my screen on when I'm not using it. I send my message, put my phone away. If I'm not doing something, I don't stare at my phone for no reason. I'm not saying everyone else does, but a lot of people do.

I read articles in my flipboard and feedly religiously, arguably at leave once every hour or so. Once again, though, I only read a few stories from flipping through hundreds that I actually care about.

As far as applications that I always have on:
- IMO
- Tasker
- Lync 2013
- WhatsApp
- Voxer

And as far as widgets or other miscellaneous apps that are running:

- Nova Launcher
- Pure Grid Calendar Widget
- exDialer
- Astrid
- doubleTwist
- Google Voice
- Dashclock Widget
- Jawbone Companion
- Clock Now
- Battery Widget Reborn
- Swiftkey

Now, where I think I probably differ from many people as you can see from above is that I don't use social networking services. This has nothing to do with battery life. I just simply don't like using them (twitter, facebook, vine, etc... i don't use them). I'm sure for many that's also what's hurting their battery to a certain extent.

That's as detailed of a description as I can provide.

Screenshot_2013-06-29-19-08-23.png

Screenshot_2013-06-29-19-08-32.png

Zod1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the One, and traded it in for the S4. If i had to do it again, I would have kept the One. I just think the One is a better piece of hardware that works in a more optimized way.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Just don't believe that my friend but go ahead with your story..Its an amazing one for sure..lol
What are you talking about?, if you don't own an S4, then don't come here insinuating that we are lying.

I unplug my S4 at 5:30AM, use it everyday at work, not full time, but I pick all my emails (A lot) from the phone, use maps from home to work and viceversa to see the Traffic, Read my Magazines on Google Current, see a couple of Web pages and use for calls about 4 or 5 a day, when I get home at 5:30PM, I'm still at 55-60% and when I plug it at night, after 17 Hours unplugged and 4+ hours of Display Time, I'm still at over 30%.

Trolling much...

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just don't believe that my friend but go ahead with your story..Its an amazing one for sure..lol

I couldn't care less if you believe it or not, but for the benefits of those that you want to scare off buying the best smartphone actually off the planet, here is my "story", this on a not normal day which I have transferred a lot of files via nfc to my wife and 2 daughters and at the office was playing with a co-worker who bought his s4 on Saturday and we were playing with the group play option sharing music, videos and pictures.

Trolling much?...

**Edit** I needed to move the pictures from Picasa to Photobucket so they can be shown here.

Last edited:

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Someone already corrected me on that like three pages ago lol. I googled HTC One vs galaxy S4, and one of the sites that had a side by side spec comparison said 4mp

Anyone who's had had both, could you give a good comparison? What are some common issues with the the One and S4?
If you owned the One, what made you want to switch?

I currently own both phones. I find myself drawn to the One more. I just like the feel and the ui. I never really experience any hiccups with it. Samsung's phones great but it feels to me a teenager should own it. I get better battery life out of my one. S4 is ok it's similar to the s3 on battery life. May have a larger battery but it has a larger screen and more sensors and features. Anyways the camera one both are good. The s4 is better at being zoomed in but the one has a faster shutter speed and better low light capabilities. It's a 4mo camera but with larger than normal pixels for a phone camera, better low light and faster shutter speeds.

Some issues with the one is that there's no menu button but I got used to it. Other than that if u save or play gifs they don't loop like the s4. No eq settings but beats on this phone is way better sounding than previous models with beats audio. I also like the ergonomics of the one.

S4 still lags when using the ui. It's all different to each person and how they view lag. It's annoying to me. The phone feels cheaper than the One but some ppl like it. There's an issues with certain types of WiFi connections that it can't connect to. Big issue with me but not others.

Both are great phones.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

Last edited:

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't care less if you believe it or not, but for the benefits of those that you want to scare off buying the best smartphone actually off the planet, here is my "story", this on a not normal day which I have transferred a lot of files via nfc to my wife and 2 daughters and at the office was playing with a co-worker who bought his s4 on Saturday and we were playing with the group play option sharing music, videos and pictures.

Trolling much?...

**Edit** I needed to move the pictures from Picasa to Photobucket so they can be shown here.

OEM battery????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc