should i trade my HTC one in

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
lol

You do realize what you are doing? Comparing a phone with a 7000mah battery to a 2300mah battery. The only reason I even brought up screen on time was because you made a pretty bold, almost insulting assertion that the HTC One couldn't even get 1-2 hours of screen time. This was just one example, and it proves your silly claim very wrong. But there are many more to be had, and yes, they're not on wifi, and some pull 2 days. (But that's a pretty useless way to measure battery life - screen on time is much better.) Like I said, look through a battery life thread.

And ps, the 8:30 held-awake time is not something to be proud of. In fact, it's quite the opposite; a terrible result. You have something(s) keeping your phone awake when it shouldn't be, thus way draining your battery. Notice how it's 22 minutes in the screen shot I posted? That's what you should be striving for, and you'll get more life out of your phone if you do.

The held wake time is something to be extremely proud of. Why do u think I even mentioned the held wake time? Lol, to show u I'm not even using the battery to its full potential, I'm literally throwing things at my battery just to kill it, u should see how many apps are doing background processes on my phone in a daily basis. That's just to show you that I can put soo much work into my battery and still can't kill it in 24 hours.

this battery is supposed to last 2-3 days really.

I'm not comparing a phone with a 7000mah battery to a phone with a 2300mah, I'm comparing the difference in a phone with a removable back cover to one that lacks one

I'm showing you that in the 7 hours of screen time u have with your device, my device does multiple times the work than yours does

That's all I'm saying. No need to argue any further

If your device can make it through a day (24 hours), while doing even half of why I have my device doing, then I would applaud you. But if your trying to show me that on wifi, with barely any held wake time, you can get 7 hours of on screen time? That's cute. I'm sure if my phone did nothing all day but stay on wifi and have the amount of held wake u have and screen on time, I'd go atleast 2 and a half days - 3

And your screen on time became even less impressive when u stated in another thread that I have your sync off and gps off most of the time. So essentially, u are not even a 'normal' smart phone user. Heck, why not just throw on airplane mode and get all the screen on time u can, lol?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
This is just some of what's running in the background

1372887801911.jpg

1372887813361.jpg

1372887819976.jpg

1372887825334.jpg

And I still manage 36 hours of life

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
How? My battery lasted a day and 11 hours
Not talking about your battery. Talking about what you said. If a phone is so good that it can run all day, then why recommend any extended battery for it? Extended batteries work on any manufactures phone. BTW, you might want to listen to what Love Divine is telling you because everything they've said is pretty much spot on.

Just say 'in.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Not talking about your battery. Talking about what you said. If a phone is so good that it can run all day, then why recommend any extended battery for it? Extended batteries work on any manufactures phone. BTW, you might want to listen to what Love Divine is telling you because everything they've said is pretty much spot on.

Just say 'in.

My phone can run all day because by design it has a removable back cover, meaning I can have an extended battery. Unlike phones like the nexus 4 and HTC one, etc

If you are purchasing a device that cannot in any way, last that long with high usage, u should reconsider imo

What is it that he/she is saying that I'm missing?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My phone can run all day because by design it has a removable back cover, meaning I can have an extended battery. Unlike phones like the nexus 4 and HTC one, etc

Apparently there are people out there that don't get it. :p

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh look, it works with the HTC One. Don't hurt yourself when you try to backpedal.

Oh ok, didn't know that, kool...

Pretty hilarious that you can get a 7500mah extended for the gs4 at that same price. But atleast u can have some sort of extended capacity on the one

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I think you misunderstand what they're saying. That is an external battery. Not extended.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Even though they aren't the same thing. The fact that in some capacity, u can add more battery power to that phone, is still something

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Even though they aren't the same thing. The fact that in some capacity, u can add more battery power to that phone, is still something
Thank you.

I do wish that the One had a removable battery, but not because the phone would last longer (I use mine all day, BatteryGuru works great for that). The problem with any phone not having a removable battery happens if the phone ever gets wet, because the first thing you need to do is to remove power. Having said that my One will be waterproofed next month so it's a non-issue for me. Still wish I had the option of pulling the battery though.

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Picked up the Galaxy S4 tonight to compare to the HTC One. As expected there are things about both phones I like and dislike. I have put the S4 in developer mode and started to "optimize" the phone. No real lag but the HTC One feels a wee bit faster. I am still searching for through postings on setting up the phone but if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

In my brief time with both phones I would say you can't go wrong with either one.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Picked up the Galaxy S4 tonight to compare to the HTC One. As expected there are things about both phones I like and dislike. I have put the S4 in developer mode and started to "optimize" the phone. No real lag but the HTC One feels a wee bit faster. I am still searching for through postings on setting up the phone but if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

In my brief time with both phones I would say you can't go wrong with either one.

Well done! I found myself in the same situation as you and kept both! I agree the One is a little smoother but I prefer the larger screen Sam saturated colors on the S4.

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Well done! I found myself in the same situation as you and kept both! I agree the One is a little smoother but I prefer the larger screen Sam saturated colors on the S4.

I think you were the one that convinced me go pick up the S4 and compare the phones side by side. I already find myself interest in the G2 when it is released - although it may be a bit bigger than I want.

I am on the same page concerning the screen on the S4 and the smoothness of the One. I much prefer Sense vs. Touchwiz but really do not like that Sense limits one to 5 home screens. Still need to figure out how to make some changes to how the S4/touchwiz is configured - although I am afraid the changes I really want to make are not available.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I think you were the one that convinced me go pick up the S4 and compare the phones side by side. I already find myself interest in the G2 when it is released - although it may be a bit bigger than I want.

I am on the same page concerning the screen on the S4 and the smoothness of the One. I much prefer Sense vs. Touchwiz but really do not like that Sense limits one to 5 home screens. Still need to figure out how to make some changes to how the S4/touchwiz is configured - although I am afraid the changes I really want to make are not available.

There are inherent shortcomings with both sense and touchwiz. I have launchers on both devices which levels the playing field. I suggest trying nova or next launchers on both devices. Then you are left with a more level experience where things like camera, ergonomics, screen size etc can help you make a decision.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Do not listen to this guy, I've seen him trolling around a few times now. There has been much research that the S4 has better battery life. I won't say I can prove this because I don't have both phones but I can tell you personally that my battery is AMAZING. As for the lag and stuttering don't listen to him, I have expierenced ZERO lag since I got this phone, it's very easy to find a solution for this such as adding launchers and disabling animations. People that say their phone lags it's because they haven't played with it enough.

GS4 Love

I'm using my gs4 as my daily driver right now I have this and a HTC one, yes my galaxy gets better battery, but up till the point of rooting my phones and froze apps and put a rom on it was leggy, that was touch wiz fault not the phone but it exists

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

If you are purchasing a device that cannot in any way, last that long with high usage, u should reconsider imo

Apparently there are people out there that don't get it. :p

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

I coulda swore I could buy an extended for the one if I wanted.. Either one with a case or one that plugs in.

Either way as said many times in the past if you need the extended.. Cool.. Enjoy it... But remember that everyone doesn't need that. I personally can be around a charger majority of the day so if I have to charge so be it.. But I have yet to run into an issue where I didn't have any battery left and needed the phone. Extended batteries are personal preference just like SD cards... Not everyone needs them but some do.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Puts on flame proof suit.

I will probably catch flack for this but is there an app that has a similar look to blinkfeed? I seem to be one of the few people that actually like blink feed but I find it useful when standing in line, waiting for take away, etc. I can use an RSS app to pull in news but I would like the look and feel of binkfeed. The other RSS apps I have tried do not display as much information (data feeds) per page.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I coulda swore I could buy an extended for the one if I wanted.. Either one with a case or one that plugs in.

Either way as said many times in the past if you need the extended.. Cool.. Enjoy it... But remember that everyone doesn't need that. I personally can be around a charger majority of the day so if I have to charge so be it.. But I have yet to run into an issue where I didn't have any battery left and needed the phone. Extended batteries are personal preference just like SD cards... Not everyone needs them but some do.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

I simply couldn't get through a day with a stock battery. And I have a portable charger already

As u said, things like these are personal preference. But I, as a heavy user, cannot live without a extended

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Puts on flame proof suit.

I will probably catch flack for this but is there an app that has a similar look to blinkfeed? I seem to be one of the few people that actually like blink feed but I find it useful when standing in line, waiting for take away, etc. I can use an RSS app to pull in news but I would like the look and feel of binkfeed. The other RSS apps I have tried do not display as much information (data feeds) per page.

Isn't flipboard the same thing? Except u can remove it