should i trade my HTC one in

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Isn't flipboard the same thing? Except u can remove it

There are a number of apps which do something similar but I like the presentation of Blinkfeed better than anything else I have seen. The biggest difference is the widget would be ~4x6.

I am trying out Feedly but the widget does not seem to want to update.. The app is working correctly however.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
There are a number of apps which do something similar but I like the presentation of Blinkfeed better than anything else I have seen. The biggest difference is the widget would be ~4x6.

I am trying out Feedly but the widget does not seem to want to update.. The app is working correctly however.

Feedly widget is horrible, the app however is the best rss out there

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I simply couldn't get through a day with a stock battery. And I have a portable charger already

As u said, things like these are personal preference. But I, as a heavy user, cannot live without a extended

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

Oh I am a heavy user as well.. I'm just near chargers all day so that's why the concern isn't there for me.

I have a friend though that needs replaceable batteries due to heavy use and he is always on the go.. So works best for him. :)

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

zorrowaz

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I get 6 hours im a heavy user 6 hours screen on multi tasking gaming and music player on and surfing the Web

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I get 6 hours im a heavy user 6 hours screen on multi tasking gaming and music player on and surfing the Web

Posted via Android Central App

Damn, 6 hours total?? How many times do u charge per day?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I think my GS4 is faulty, or at least the battery is! Than again I normally work in areas with little to no signal, the signal is 3G and 4G but most of the times is 4G. So I'm not sure if it's the battery or the phone or if it's normal.

I bought it on Monday, and all I can get on one charge is about 6-9 hours from full to 10%.
I make and receive many calls and texts a day. Take and send via email several (from 3-10) pictures a day. And of course check and post on my Facebook several times a day.
There are also a few apps I check constantly during the day.
Normaly the phone comes off the charger around 7:45 am and needs a recharge by the afternoon around 3 pm and goes back to the charger around 11 pm or midnight.

The phone has all the features on and is not rooted. The only things I turn on and off ondemand are the GPS and the Bluetooth.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
That doesn't mean much, it all depends on each persons usage, background running apps, etc

Besides, your friend isn't limited, he can get an extended or spare batteries with the phone he chose

Well our usage was similar and I was comparing screen on usage etc. But you are very correct. I was simply stating with very similar usage I got better battery life.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I think my GS4 is faulty, or at least the battery is! Than again I normally work in areas with little to no signal, the signal is 3G and 4G but most of the times is 4G. So I'm not sure if it's the battery or the phone or if it's normal.

I bought it on Monday, and all I can get on one charge is about 6-9 hours from full to 10%.
I make and receive many calls and texts a day. Take and send via email several (from 3-10) pictures a day. And of course check and post on my Facebook several times a day.
Normaly the phone comes off the charger around 7:45 am and needs a recharge by the afternoon around 3 pm and goes back to the charger around 11 pm or midnight.

The phone has all the features on and is not rooted. The only things I turn on and off ondemand are the GPS and the Bluetooth.

Maybe turn 4G off? I used to work in a thick building with little reception, and turning off LTE while at work saved me some battery on my galaxy nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe turn 4G off? I used to work in a thick building with little reception, and turning off LTE while at work saved me some battery on my galaxy nexus.

I thought about it, but like I said, I normally get more 4G LTE since my city now officially has turned it on. Besides, now that I've used a faster 4G compared to WiMax and 3G I'm not sure I want to go back ;)

Attachments

• 1373085559873.jpg
    1373085559873.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 25

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

The conditions you discribe are going to be a problem for any modern smart phone!
The poor signal strength along will kill a battery at an alarming rate since the phone is constantly searching for signal and constantly switching from 4g to 3g only compounds the problem! switching to CDMA only in the network settings will help as mentioned above!
Going into "battery" in settings will give you a better idea of just what is eating your battery and you can make some decisions on limiting some of these apps!
You are running the Facebook app and it is notorious for consuming power updating in the backround constantly! Limit how often it updates and you will see improvement, you can also turn of S-voice if you don't use it since it is also a power consumer!
Your plight is not that unusual as a new owner...batteries take a few charge cycles to wear in, backround apps that are not needed can be turned off or limited, features you find unneccessary can be turned off...it just takes a little tuning!

There are many sources of info on this subject to help you out!

Cheers

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I know I can do a little better by turning some stuff off.
The thing is, why should I turn stuff off in the first place?!
I decided on the GS4 between it and the HTC One because of some of the features :banghead:
The good thing is that I don't have any of the lag some people complain about!

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
well I'm not neccessarily talking about turning off "Samsung features" as much as I'm talking about puting your phone on a diet! I run most of the gesture and smart feature that came on the phone though I pick and choose what I like and turn off what I don't use, i.e. S-voice! What gave me the best results was limiting the backround activity of all my apps and disabling the carrier specific junk apps that constantly used data! My initial goal was to get my data usage under control and the battery life improved as an added benifit!

Cheers

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
You can get the HTC logo to function as menu... Mine does.
You could always get a morphie case.
Personally I'd stick with the HTC one. While it may not shoot as high of resolution photos as the gs4 it is an all around better daily shooter. It functions very well in low light conditions. It also has a wider angle than the GS4 ... Slightly. Doing a side by side at a outdoor evening party the s4 wouldn't even pick up the subjects it was pitch black where as the HTC one was taking great photos for the conditions.

In the end its a personal choice and comes down to what works for you.

Also for some reasons even on the same carrier the GS4 sitting next to my HTC one couldn't march my consistent 42-54mb down and 15-20up

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah, when breaking a battery in, fully charge and fully deplete 5 times. No half charges.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah, when breaking a battery in, fully charge and fully deplete 5 times. No half charges.

Yes. This is very important. They say it doesn't matter with new batteries I say that's not true. Not only does it properly condition the battery it allows the phone to read the battery properly. .

I made sure my first ten charges were full cycles. Well worth it in the long Run as inconvenient as it may be.

Sent from my HTC One

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I went to Best Buy in the afternoon and just exchanged it for a new one.
We'll see how this one performs!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Let it drain to 2-5% before charging. HTC actually suggests leaving it plugged in at least eight hours for the first charge.

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Trade and get the S4. You will then on a same size device, have a 5" display instead of a 4.3" for apps and gain a sd slot. Now, if display size and more storage for media is not a priority, enjoy the One! :)

Oh, plus with the S4 you can carry a spare battery in your purse or wallet as a back up. Smaller option than a usb cable and battery pack.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes. This is very important. They say it doesn't matter with new batteries I say that's not true. Not only does it properly condition the battery it allows the phone to read the battery properly. .
Yes it can effect the meter too. Was a big issue when smartphones were just being developed.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Trade and get the S4. You will then on a same size device, have a 5" display instead of a 4.3" for apps and gain a sd slot. Now, if display size and more storage for media is not a priority, enjoy the One! :)

Oh, plus with the S4 you can carry a spare battery in your purse or wallet as a back up. Smaller option than a usb cable and battery pack.

The HTC one has a 4.7 inch display not 4.3 which works great in direct sunlight. Same can't be said for the AMOLED screen on the s4.

There are also cases such as the morphie that have a 2500mAh battery built into it. Works nice for long days. Although I get great battery life on my HTC one.

Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod