07-03-2013 08:03 PM
61 123
tools
    Doesn't really matter what you say. Its a mods decision on whether the thread stays up or not, and for now, it does. Anyone is welcome to post where they please as long as it complies with the forum rules.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    You're kind of rude. I've noticed from other posts you make that you seem to get a lot of enjoyment out of power tripping. You're a forum mod, not some God.

Posted via Android Central App
    orion575, STARGATE, shoii and 1 others like this.
    07-02-2013 10:09 PM
    You're kind of rude. I've noticed from other posts you make that you seem to get a lot of enjoyment out of power tripping. You're a forum mod, not some God.

If you have an issue like that, you can private message me and we could discuss it there. Posting something like that publicly is kind of tacky.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    msndrstood and return_0 like this.
    07-02-2013 10:18 PM
    No it isn't me
    What is this, Spring 2013? Manufacturers are gearing up for the Snapdragon 800 war and you're still arguing 600s? Get with the times, Abe Vigoda is more youthful and spry than this topic.

Also, who is flossycarter? Is that you OP?
    07-02-2013 11:20 PM

She is not being rude. You are the one who is being rude.

return_0 and Rndomuser like this.
    07-03-2013 02:14 PM
    She is not being rude. You are the one who is being rude.

She is kinda mean

GS4 Love
    STARGATE and orion575 like this.
    07-03-2013 02:15 PM
    She is kinda mean

GS4 Love
    She is not mean. Being a mod is a stressful job. None of her posts seem mean to me. She is just trying to keep the forums under control
    msndrstood, return_0 and Rndomuser like this.
    07-03-2013 02:22 PM
    She is not mean. Being a mod is a stressful job. None of her posts seem mean to me. She is just trying to keep the forums under control
    In a mean way

GS4 Love
    07-03-2013 02:30 PM
    As I have asked in a previous post, if you have any issues or questions about anything I have said, or how I choose to moderate, please, private message me. I will answer you, I swear I don't bite. It is not in good practice to call out a moderator publicly, nor is it in good practice to make me publicly explain myself. Thanks.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    msndrstood, Rndomuser and AngelArs like this.
    07-03-2013 02:54 PM
    She is kinda mean

GS4 Love
    Try keeping a bunch of phone nerds from arguing over stupid stuff...

She's not mean, at all. Just firm and doesn't take any crap. Like she said, if you have a problem PM her and talk it out like adults. Sounds reasonable to me.

Sent via Note II
    neonworm and Rndomuser like this.
    07-03-2013 03:08 PM

She's not mean, at all. Just firm and doesn't take any crap. Like she said, if you have a problem PM her and talk it out like adults. Sounds reasonable to me.

Sent via Note II
    Who are you calling a nerd! Dem's scruffling terms! Put up your dukes! I'll be in the lounge awaiting your convenience.
    msndrstood and return_0 like this.
    07-03-2013 03:17 PM

She's not mean, at all. Just firm and doesn't take any crap. Like she said, if you have a problem PM her and talk it- out like adults. Sounds reasonable to me.

Sent via Note II
    - Android Central = Phone nerds arguing (yes we all are).
    -Nobody threw crap at her.
    -Nobody said she wasn't reasonable.

GS4 Love
    07-03-2013 03:30 PM
    The one is an awesome phone, and most credible reviewers have come to the same conclusion!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    07-03-2013 04:02 PM
    - Android Central = Phone nerds arguing (yes we all are).
    -Nobody threw crap at her.
    -Nobody said she wasn't reasonable.

GS4 Love
    I didn't say anyone threw crap at her, I said she doesn't take any.

I didn't say she wasn't reasonable, I said discussing it in a PM was reasonable.

Apparently, my screen name was appropo. :rolleyes:

What?! ... I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note II
    07-03-2013 04:05 PM
    Who are you calling a nerd! Dem's scruffling terms! Put up your dukes! I'll be in the lounge awaiting your convenience.
    Bwahahaha, it's on!

Sent via Note II
    Aquila likes this.
    07-03-2013 04:06 PM
    I didn't say anyone threw crap at her, I said she doesn't take any.

I didn't say she wasn't reasonable, I said discussing it in a PM was reasonable.

Apparently, my screen name was appropo. :rolleyes:

What?! ... I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note II
    Wait so who's the crapthrower? Lol

GS4 Love
    07-03-2013 04:19 PM
    That doesn't mean she can talk down to people. Which is exactly what saying "it doesn't matter what you say" is.
    Ezduzit, STARGATE and orion575 like this.
    07-03-2013 04:23 PM
    Wait so who's the crapthrower? Lol

GS4 Love
    In general terms...

Sent via Note II
    07-03-2013 04:29 PM
    Hey all its very simple. If you have a question or complaint about something with a moderators action then please take it privately to PM with that moderator. Publicly discussing it isn't the way to handle things and trust me every moderator sees and is involved in the decisions and actions of everyone on the moderating team.

We're actually a decent bunch of people behind the badges and moderator titles that enjoy this stuff just like you do. We were just crazy enough to volunteer our services to help keep AC a cool and fun place.

Thanks everyone,

Paul
    Forums Moderator

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-03-2013 04:39 PM
    I'm not trying to get confrontational and I'm not trying to be tacky, but I've seen her picking on too many people now. See below

07-03-2013 06:56 PM
    If you have an issue like that, you can private message me and we could discuss it there. Posting something like that publicly is kind of tacky.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    This is a forum which means everyone's opinion should be heard, and the reason I called her mean in the first place is because I've seen her interject in peaceful conversation to make sure everyone knows she's the boss. Furthermore she told someone earlier in this thread that what they said doesn't matter because she is the mod and they are not. That is rude and arrogant.

To the mod: I don't want to pm you because I'm not trying to change you. I wrote it publicly because I want others you've talked down to, to know that they didn't do anything wrong. Again, you are a forum mod, your job is to make sure we are civil with each other, not to walk in here and make everyone feel like you've got power over them. That being said you've never said anything to me before, but I just felt like I had to say something.

07-03-2013 06:57 PM
    This is a forum which means everyone's opinion should be heard, and the reason I called her mean in the first place is because I've seen her interject in peaceful conversation to make sure everyone knows she's the boss. Furthermore she told someone earlier in this thread that what they said doesn't matter because she is the mod and they are not. That is rude and arrogant.

To the mod: I don't want to pm you because I'm not trying to change you. I wrote it publicly because I want others you've talked down to, to know that they didn't do anything wrong. Again, you are a forum mod, your job is to make sure we are civil with each other, not to walk in here and make everyone feel like you've got power over them. That being said you've never said anything to me before, but I just felt like I had to say something.

And all of the requests thus far to stop acting out like this have apparently fallen on deaf ears.
    07-03-2013 07:03 PM
    Hey all its very simple. If you have a question or complaint about something with a moderators action then please take it privately to PM with that moderator. Publicly discussing it isn't the way to handle things and trust me every moderator sees and is involved in the decisions and actions of everyone on the moderating team.

We're actually a decent bunch of people behind the badges and moderator titles that enjoy this stuff just like you do. We were just crazy enough to volunteer our services to help keep AC a cool and fun place.

Thanks everyone,

Paul
    Forums Moderator

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Whoops sorry about that, just saw that one. I was just defending the poor guy that got slammed by her lol. I'm sure you're all nice people...this isn't personal or anything..just a trend I noticed about her in particular

Ezduzit, STARGATE and orion575 like this.
    07-03-2013 07:03 PM

I agree!!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-03-2013 07:07 PM
    Temporarily closed for moderator review.
    orion575 likes this.
    07-03-2013 07:17 PM

So you want to continue to violate the rules? Cool.

To address your concerns you will need to PM me or the Mod in question. If you continue this discussion in this thread it will be closed and formal action will be taken. Regardless of what you think, part of our job (the part we like the least) is enforcing the rules.

If that makes us a "boss" then fine, but that's your title for us, not our title for ourselves.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    07-03-2013 07:19 PM
61 123