MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE???? And the winner of the ONE VS S4 is?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey all its very simple. If you have a question or complaint about something with a moderators action then please take it privately to PM with that moderator. Publicly discussing it isn't the way to handle things and trust me every moderator sees and is involved in the decisions and actions of everyone on the moderating team.

We're actually a decent bunch of people behind the badges and moderator titles that enjoy this stuff just like you do. We were just crazy enough to volunteer our services to help keep AC a cool and fun place.

Thanks everyone,

Paul
Forums Moderator

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Spartacus MD

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not trying to get confrontational and I'm not trying to be tacky, but I've seen her picking on too many people now. See below

Posted via Android Central App

Spartacus MD

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
If you have an issue like that, you can private message me and we could discuss it there. Posting something like that publicly is kind of tacky.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

This is a forum which means everyone's opinion should be heard, and the reason I called her mean in the first place is because I've seen her interject in peaceful conversation to make sure everyone knows she's the boss. Furthermore she told someone earlier in this thread that what they said doesn't matter because she is the mod and they are not. That is rude and arrogant.

To the mod: I don't want to pm you because I'm not trying to change you. I wrote it publicly because I want others you've talked down to, to know that they didn't do anything wrong. Again, you are a forum mod, your job is to make sure we are civil with each other, not to walk in here and make everyone feel like you've got power over them. That being said you've never said anything to me before, but I just felt like I had to say something.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This is a forum which means everyone's opinion should be heard, and the reason I called her mean in the first place is because I've seen her interject in peaceful conversation to make sure everyone knows she's the boss. Furthermore she told someone earlier in this thread that what they said doesn't matter because she is the mod and they are not. That is rude and arrogant.

To the mod: I don't want to pm you because I'm not trying to change you. I wrote it publicly because I want others you've talked down to, to know that they didn't do anything wrong. Again, you are a forum mod, your job is to make sure we are civil with each other, not to walk in here and make everyone feel like you've got power over them. That being said you've never said anything to me before, but I just felt like I had to say something.

And all of the requests thus far to stop acting out like this have apparently fallen on deaf ears.

Spartacus MD

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey all its very simple. If you have a question or complaint about something with a moderators action then please take it privately to PM with that moderator. Publicly discussing it isn't the way to handle things and trust me every moderator sees and is involved in the decisions and actions of everyone on the moderating team.

We're actually a decent bunch of people behind the badges and moderator titles that enjoy this stuff just like you do. We were just crazy enough to volunteer our services to help keep AC a cool and fun place.

Thanks everyone,

Paul
Forums Moderator

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Whoops sorry about that, just saw that one. I was just defending the poor guy that got slammed by her lol. I'm sure you're all nice people...this isn't personal or anything..just a trend I noticed about her in particular

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I agree!!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

So you want to continue to violate the rules? Cool.

To address your concerns you will need to PM me or the Mod in question. If you continue this discussion in this thread it will be closed and formal action will be taken. Regardless of what you think, part of our job (the part we like the least) is enforcing the rules.

If that makes us a "boss" then fine, but that's your title for us, not our title for ourselves.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thread is open again.

I thought I'd echo what Paul said above: we all work as a cohesive team, supporting and monitoring each other. Decisions aren't made without some level of discussion, and we try to stay as close with the community as possible. We're always open to messages about ourselves, the team, the community, etc.

So feel free to message us, but unless the issue necessitates an open discussion, public threads aren't the place for it.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't feed the troll please. Let this thread die.

GS4 Love

Geez I wasn't obligating anyone to do anything. As you can see I used the magical word "please". Beats me if you want to feed the troll.

GS4 Love

With all due respect, the video may have been biased, but I don't think it's a good idea to throw around the word "troll" like that.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately you are on a losing battle field.. Pretty much every single review has given the one the upper hand

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The reviewer's opinion isn't always the same as the consumer's opinion.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Who are you calling a nerd! Dem's scruffling terms! Put up your dukes! :) I'll be in the lounge awaiting your convenience.

I usually think of the "nerd" as a compliment.

Though I wouldn't mind a Lounge... scruffle?

:p

jdoee100

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I wonder why this thread was reopened. Anyways, i'm glad this thread reopened. In many cases, PMing moderator is a good solution, but sometimes things like this should be talked and discussed in the open. As previous posts indicated, there are more than few posters(myself included) who are not happy with moderators, I think it'd be a good time for moderators to have a discussion on this topic.
"If that makes us a "boss" then fine, but that's your title for us, not our title for ourselves," I think posts like this are wrong.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why this thread was reopened. Anyways, i'm glad this thread reopened. In many cases, PMing moderator is a good solution, but sometimes things like this should be talked and discussed in the open. As previous posts indicated, there are more than few posters(myself included) who are not happy with moderators, I think it'd be a good time for moderators to have a discussion on this topic.
"If that makes us a "boss" then fine, but that's your title for us, not our title for ourselves," I think post like this is wrong.

If so, I don't think this thread is the right place.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Why not? I think this is the perfect place for it. Discussions like these can not be planned.

Because that discussion has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, nor does it even belong in this subforum.

We aren't discussing the mods for the same reasons we aren't discussing politics: it's irrelevant and has no place here.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Why not? I think this is the perfect place for it. Discussions like these can not be planned.

I said this in my earlier reply:

So feel free to message us, but unless the issue necessitates an open discussion, public threads aren't the place for it.

I should've also explicitly said that if there is to be public discussion (of anything, not this specific situation alone), said discussion should take place in a proper location.

I would suggest discussing this issue, as well as a proper location for any open discussion, with Kevin O'Quinn.

Status
Not open for further replies.