MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE???? And the winner of the ONE VS S4 is?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Two minutes in and he's already lost credibility on the whole thing. He just equated build materials to build quality and put the one in front of the iPhone 5. I'm not an Apple fan, but I know they take build quality seriously. We know people like metal materials... but is there anyone out there who really thinks that the only thing that matters in build quality is the choice of metal or plastic? Without even considering the type/grade of each, etc? Nice.

Stopped watching 6 minutes in. There is no analysis of anything, only regurgitation of misinformed talking points that have been floating through tech blog comment sections since March.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh lord what did I just say

GS4 Love

Doesn't really matter what you say. Its a mods decision on whether the thread stays up or not, and for now, it does. Anyone is welcome to post where they please as long as it complies with the forum rules.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Two minutes in and he's already lost credibility on the whole thing. He just equated build materials to build quality and put the one in front of the iPhone 5. I'm not an Apple fan, but I know they take build quality seriously. We know people like metal materials... but is there anyone out there who really thinks that the only thing that matters in build quality is the choice of metal or plastic? Without even considering the type/grade of each, etc? Nice.

Stopped watching 6 minutes in. There is no analysis of anything, only regurgitation of misinformed talking points that have been floating through tech blog comment sections since March.

Unfortunately you are on a losing battle field.. Pretty much every single review has given the one the upper hand

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately you are on a losing battle field.. Pretty much every single review has given the one the upper hand

I'm not disagreeing with the conclusion, I don't actually know who won because I stopped watching. I'm inclined to agree the One is a better device for most people, but the reviewer started by saying it's just his opinion, and I have no reason to suspect that he's wrong about what he thinks.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not disagreeing with the conclusion, I don't actually know who won because I stopped watching. I'm inclined to agree the One is a better device for most people, but the reviewer started by saying it's just his opinion, and I have no reason to suspect that he's wrong about what he thinks.

Try out some of his reviews he's pretty good and doesn't show bias

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And the winner is...

Whatever phone fits your lifestyle, needs, and wants since they vary person to person!!

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't really matter what you say. Its a mods decision on whether the thread stays up or not, and for now, it does. Anyone is welcome to post where they please as long as it complies with the forum rules.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

Geez I wasn't obligating anyone to do anything. As you can see I used the magical word "please". Beats me if you want to feed the troll.

GS4 Love

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
For me the winner was the S4. When I went to the store I had the tech help me instead of the sales clerks. You can get a whole lot more info doing it that way as long as they are willing to help. I thought both phones were amazing and he was very thorough in explaining the guts of both. They each had a little something stronger here and a little weaker here, but the real selling point of the S4 for me was the removable battery and SD card.
On my last phone I had just went through 3 batteries and my charge on the final one was only alive for about 5 minutes max. I blame this solely on the phone I was using, but that being the reason I was replacing the phone ($0 trade in value btw), made me very nervous getting a phone I couldn't replace the battery.
So even though the One may have some pluses over the S4, I could care less it just wasn't all that I was looking for. But for the next guy in line, maybe he's been having massive issues with his Samsung TV and is making his choice based on that. To each his own.
Thanks for letting me share.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Neither because no one cares.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

Actually, there are people who care! People like me who are on the market for a new phone. Just yesterday late in the afternoon I was about to walk out of Best Buy with a Galaxy S4 but I didn't.

I'm still trying to figure out which one is better for me. I decided to go into a store (Sprint, Best Buy or any other) on Monday after work and walk out of there with my new toy.

I'm leaning towards the GS4 for several reasons, so we'll see.

"If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!"
~Doctor Who.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually, there are people who care! People like me who are on the market for a new phone. Just yesterday late in the afternoon I was about to walk out of Best Buy with a Galaxy S4 but I didn't.

I'm still trying to figure out which one is better for me. I decided to go into a store (Sprint, Best Buy or any other) on Monday after work and walk out of there with my new toy.

"If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!"
~Doctor Who.

But there is no winner. No phone is better than one another it's all personal preference. It's all about what u like more. Both have their pros and cons. This has been debated a million times and it just starts a bickering war. If u keep thinking about the s4 then get it because if u get the One then ull keep thinking about the s4.

If u want a spec showdown just read a review about it. But take what ppl have to say about their experiences as face value not what is the truth.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

~Doctor Who.

Go to the store, buy a phone and be done with it. But get the One. Then just use it and not worry about other phones and what other people are using.

I was driving a coworker/friend nuts about which phone and carrier I was going to upgrade to. My current carrier started offering a minimum of $100 trade in for your old phone, so I just went and did it. Bought a One. Great phone. Has great sound, beautiful screen, good battery life. Boot loader is easily unlocked, and it runs great on Android Revolution HD ROM. (Runs great stock too, but I eliminated carrier crapware and got 4.2.2).

Life's too short to obsess about stuff like this. Just get it and enjoy it. ;)

SERIOUSLY C'MON DO IT! - YouTube

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
33046053.jpg

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
What is this, Spring 2013? Manufacturers are gearing up for the Snapdragon 800 war and you're still arguing 600s? Get with the times, Abe Vigoda is more youthful and spry than this topic.

Also, who is flossycarter? Is that you OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995