Samsung Galaxy s4 Stuck on Samsung Logo boot screen.HELP (newbie)

Ashleaj1

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey all- same issue here

I have taken out the battery, tried pressing the volume+home+power buttons and the only thing that happens is the samsung logo coes up- if i'm lucky.

I left it on the logo and went to bed, but after 6 hours the phone still is only displaying the samsung logo.

I can't get into safe mode or anything, because I can't get past the damn logo screen.

Been searching everywhere for an answer but keep seeing "just take the battery out" and "reboot, it's so easy".
Nope. Not the case here.

Off to my mobile provider soon because there is no answer for this on the web.

yoda417

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue and it seems to be my SD card, when I pull it out and start my phone it works fine but when I pt it in I get the rebooting. I'm going to wipe my card and see if that helps.

Asad Mustafa

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
i am also stuck on the same problem .... but as my volume up button is perfect.. i pressed it. and it enters in the downloading mode ....i waited for very long time but their is no progress in the downloading.. so i pulled the battery out and then restarted the phone...phone starts normally and after that stuck on the screen when samsung come... i am helpless to do anything... want to surf phone asap... please help android experts
:eek:

David Guido

May 10, 2014
Visit site
hold the volume DOWN, power and home key- this worked for me not the up volume button the down. Let go of the power button when it turns off then continue to hold the volume down and the home key until it asks you a question then press volume down- then:cool: you have a good night

Last edited:

ChineseChick

May 4, 2014
Visit site
hold the volume DOWN, power and home key- this worked for me not the up volume button the down. Let go of the power button when it turns off then continue to hold the volume down and the home key until it asks you a question then press volume down- then:cool: you have a good night

Hi. My mom's phone just started doing this today. I held the volume up button, home key and the power button.... and now, it flashes the Logo screen AND the reboot screen. It does not stop... now it flashes 2 screens instead of one. How do i get it to reboot?

Thanks all!

Raja Ali1

May 20, 2014
Visit site
dear.m.also.having.same.problem.glaxy.gt-s5360 but am not able to enter in recovery mode since i update kernel .plz help am stuck on logo

nsingh14

May 31, 2014
Visit site
hi
i am stuck with the same issue, i can enter the safe mode by pressing volume up + home + Power, but i am not sure how to wipe cache and date, can you please advise how do it do it.

Thanks

tank_galaxy

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Can you help me I have a galaxy s4 on sprint and I flash so roms now it's stuck on the samsung logo screen i don't think it's a soft brick because it didn't say it was and I can go to download mode and recovery mode no problem I tried pulling out the battery and reset it but it's still stuck please help

Brandwashed

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
i was doing the three finger boot and it would just show "recovery booting...." in blue text on the top left of the screen and then maybe go to a completely black screen, if i let go of the buttons it would just reboot.

the key is to release only the POWER BUTTON.

• three finger boot
• see "recovery booting...." text
• release power button ONLY

hope that helps someone.

S4noobz

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
My S4 won't get past the initial Samsung Galaxy S4 boot screen, it shuts off. Battery is full and it will automatically reboot every 10 minutes. When holding volume up + Home + Power, I will see a note on the top left showing "Recovery Booting..." But it will just shut off right away after the logo boot. Taking battery out/in will just auto reboot but die after logo.
I tried holding volume - when it's rebooting and it does ask if I want to wipe the OS, when I click on volume + to accept, I see the Android robot saying don't power off and then it suddenly shuts off.
I noticed it won't reboot if the charger is plugged in, only if it's unplugged. Please help!

Last edited:

n-strike

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
The power + volume up + home does nothing to my OG Note. The power + volume down does go into download mode, so why doesn't the volume up take me to recovery mode?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a video on YouTube which instead held the power + volume up + volume down and it worked! Wiped data + cache + rebooted, it works!

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
you guys saved a single mother's life today!!! one sick kid, Christmas party, & 2 Christmas plays & I awoke to this blue screen crap today!!! y'all's comments helped me to fix it myself - so thank you soooo much!!!

gpupp23

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
My phone has worked fine all along. Suddenly earlier today the background changed back to the default background and then the phone restarted. I did a manually reboot and now it gets locked up on the AT&T screen. I am totally stuck as to what to do. At the very least, I would like to be able to retrieve my important data from the phone.

I have both Mac and PC, so can use either to resolve the problem. I tried opening Kies on my Mac and it just says "connecting." The phone will boot into download mode, but nothing else. I did root the phone way back when for the sole purpose of backing up my data, as AT&T blocks the ability to do so (an attempt that ultimately proved futile!). Interestingly, since rooting, the phone always showed the open padlock on boot, but now it shows the Samsung Galaxy 4 Logo instead.

I have heard of Odin, but am not familiar with the details of how to use it. Any suggestions you can make would be greatly appreicated. If anyone knows of any phone experts in the NYC area who might be able to help me retrieve my data and fix the phone for a fee, that would also be more appreciated.

Thanks!

Bhadresh Variya

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Thank You Lots Of ..............................................
Volue Up+ Home+ Volume Down

After

Wipe data & Clear Cache.... SO THIS WILL WORK SUCCESSFULLY

MY Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Mobile... Again Thank You SO Much

sandymb

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Please help. My phone is frozen in the reset screen. Once is there the android wigget comes up but nothing works. .Im not able to reboot

Shobhit Kaushik

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
i am also facing the same problem but the worst part is that i cant even load boot menu because vol up+home+lock is not working.
on using the set vol down+home+lock, it is showing some os error which also dissapears on releasing the keys. what should i do? pls help me as soon as possible:'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs