Samsung Galaxy s4 Stuck on Samsung Logo boot screen.HELP (newbie)

jkallen

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi i have been using my s4 for 2 days now. Attempted to restart it last night.fell asleep and woke up to find it stuck on the Samsung logo screen that glows blue...what do I do???:'(

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi i have been using my s4 for 2 days now. Attempted to restart it last night.fell asleep and woke up to find it stuck on the Samsung logo screen that glows blue...what do I do???:'(

Try the battery pull as mentioned above. If that doesn't work take it back to where you bought it. Is it rooted?

Sent from my SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

primafaciedoc

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
hello there....m also facing the same problem....was using my s4 for a month and only yesterday thought to just restart it to free some memory....got stuck at samsung logo for hours....
tried to pull battery out many a times and even got my sd card and sim card removed but still doesnt solve the problem....can anyone please help....

Vance McDougall

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have some problem after installing several different Roms. I flash the ROM and it's fine boots in no problem. Then after the second boot it gets frozen at the logo screen.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have some problem after installing several different Roms. I flash the ROM and it's fine boots in no problem. Then after the second boot it gets frozen at the logo screen.

Flashing ROMS causes this if you aren't using a ROM that is specific to your device/kernel/recovery... Be very careful.

?Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk ?
?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

Sal4323

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. This worked. Any thoughts on why this happened? I have an unlocked but NOT rooted I-9500 (bought from newegg). I have only installed play store apps and samsung updates. After I did the wipe and rebooted, it said it had to do some kind of android update. Now I am in the process of rebuilding my phone. I've only had it for a month. Thank you again for this post.

-S

androidssnoob

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I did what you told me to do but I got stuck on the same screen. I was trying to unroot using odin and this happened after the blue android. I have a i337m canadian gs4

nbarbhaya

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a Lot Mr. Sharma, your solution worked out, if anyone faces this problem just press volume up + home + power button for 10 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

just press volume up + home + power button for 10 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

just press volume up + home + power button for 5 sec.

JMS23

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
My phone gets stuck with the blue colour legend Recovery booting. I am unable to enter safe mode, any ideas? been surfing google for 6hrs with no proper answer. Thanks!

Rootface

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
pull your battery out then insert, boot into recovery volume up + home + power, wipe date, wipe cache, reboot
it will work ;) :D
Thanks, it worked! To those facing the same problem, it still took a couple of minutes of Samsung logo flashing after this, only then did it finish booting.

baz_86

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
can anybody help.my s4 is stuck on a screen saying "A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed apps,If you want to download custom OS press the volume up key,otherwise press the down key" the thing is my "down " key is broken,even when I press the " up" key nothing happens.

- - - Updated - - -

can anybody help.my s4 is stuck on a screen saying "A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed apps,If you want to download custom OS press the volume up key,otherwise press the down key" the thing is my "down " key is broken,even when I press the " up" key nothing happens.

AlbieTheCat

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

you mentioned your down button is broken, since your phone mentioned 'custom rom' i am assuming your 'rooted'
To get around this, install 'mobile odin' then when your back up and running, install a custom recovery like 'Philz''
You can then do 'system restore backups' (just like windows) You also 'then dont need the down key to enter 'download mode',
as you can enter it using the menu in the touch screen recovery.

Go to play store and grab 'mobile odin'
i recommend the paid version as it auto installs the required ?nstall 'package'

AlbieTheCat

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I did what you told me to do but I got stuck on the same screen. I was trying to unroot using odin and this happened after the blue android. I have a i337m canadian gs4

Advice on chainfire's XDA odin & mobile odin wall.. if you get the 'blue android'' leave odin connect and
reboot your phone back to complete the flash

Advice to all,
I am no expert, 3 months of flashing actually, is to read, read then read again any info about how to use, or comments/bugs
on what you want to flash/do..

Seems like 99% of issues people have is not doing enough research on what they are doing or flashing something that isnt compatible..
For example, flashing something for the ATT S4 on to the S4 i9505 international version..

Read read read, and check check check, dont flash anything with out being certain of what your doing, or end you'll end up with an expensive paperweight..

Ann30

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
MR. Sharma,
Hi pls help i dont know what happen I was trying to charge my s4 then suddenly i keep hearing this sound bip sound then when i try to turn it on it keep going to a "android system recovery" i can see the recovery system now i push the power botton but everytime it goes on it keep going back to the system recovery it got stock from time to time there it was always not a successful reboot i dont know what to do my phone wont go back to the normal way :(( thank u

shinazhinxi08

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded some new Application then restarted my phone just to refresh then this issue occurred. :'( I tried to do Master Reset several times and even Wipe Cache Partition (Volume Up+Home Key+Power Key). My phone is still stuck on Samsung Logo :'(

Confused Esay

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

Im seem to be having the same problem tried all of the above and still the phones stuck on the Samsung logo(Volumn key +Home Key + Power Button) wipe date, wipe cache, reboot
Is there another way to reset it