Hello,
    I have an ATT galaxy S4 i being reading a lot about rooting and i'm intersted but i have some basic questions.
    I basically only care about titanium backup and being able to Tether my devices, i'm not much instersted in rom's.
    questions:
    if i root would i being able to do offical samsung updates?
    or
    do i need to have install a rom to get the updates?
    how about if i like the way my phone looks is there a rom that will allow me to have the same UI ?
    if i'm not intersted in roms is it worthy to root?

i would appriciated any adv.
    thx u
    06-29-2013 04:06 PM
    No updates from Samsung, don't have to install rom, Def can use roms that will only charge performance and keep looks the same, Def can still benefit from rooting without roms like titanium backup, add away, greenify with you can seriously help your batt life, tethering, plus a lot of apps for root only it opens your phone up for you to have full use but trust me once you start looking you'll find roms you like

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    OSCSA79 likes this.
    06-29-2013 04:57 PM
    thx u, that helps....where can i get this performance roms?
    06-29-2013 05:02 PM
    Go on xda forums or website and go in your phone categories and there will be tons and they'll have threads all about them plus the download links plus any help or instructions for any rooting help or anything related any thing root related start there

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    OSCSA79 and JawjaBill like this.
    06-29-2013 05:58 PM
    Definitely what jonathan2677 said!
    06-29-2013 10:37 PM
    I always advise people to hold off on rooting...

If you want a backup feature, helium is a really great app, and the paid version is cheap, and stores your backup on Google drive. No root required.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-29-2013 10:54 PM
    Hello,
    I have an ATT galaxy S4 i being reading a lot about rooting and i'm intersted but i have some basic questions.
    I basically only care about titanium backup and being able to Tether my devices, i'm not much instersted in rom's.
    questions:
    if i root would i being able to do offical samsung updates?
    or
    do i need to have install a rom to get the updates?
    how about if i like the way my phone looks is there a rom that will allow me to have the same UI ?
    if i'm not intersted in roms is it worthy to root?

i would appriciated any adv.
    thx u
    As mentioned there are many advantages to rooting. Go to xda developers website and find the forum for your carrier specific device. Under android development you will find how to root your device. I recommend you spend at least a day or two reading through threads to get a grasp on what you are doing. If you have questions please ask us as we are here to help.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-29-2013 11:58 PM
    Hello,
    hi guys just an update after reading and reading for a few days now .... today i root my phone, everything went wel,l just got titanium back up.... what else you guys use that i should get
    06-30-2013 02:59 PM
    Hello,
    hi guys just an update after reading and reading for a few days now .... today i root my phone, everything went wel,l just got titanium back up.... what else you guys use that i should get
    Lol...I'm curious why you rooted at all?

Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk
    Formerly "Evo_girl"
    06-30-2013 03:34 PM