When a call is coming thru, the screen comes on then the ring starts at a very low volume for about 2 seconds, then goes to the louder setting which I chose. How do I get the volume to be constant? My ring tones are music that I've made to ringtones, but that's not the cause of this as my father's S4 does the same thing with basic ringtones.
    06-29-2013 08:09 PM
    When a call is coming thru, the screen comes on then the ring starts at a very low volume for about 2 seconds, then goes to the louder setting which I chose. How do I get the volume to be constant? My ring tones are music that I've made to ringtones, but that's not the cause of this as my father's S4 does the same thing with basic ringtones.
    Try this app; https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...singring&hl=en

The escalating ringtone is normal behavior, this app will make your ringtone volume constant.
    06-29-2013 08:16 PM
    There a setting and it says increase volume in pocket maybe you have that setting checked off.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    06-29-2013 08:50 PM
    There a setting and it says increase volume in pocket maybe you have that setting checked off.
    I have the box empty (not checked), but just for giggles and grins, I checked it. There was no change.
    07-01-2013 08:23 PM
    Yeah, that only changes the volume when it's in a pocket or the proximity sensor is blocked (making it think it's inside a pocket).
    07-01-2013 08:42 PM
    I use the disable increasing ring app and it works great

Sent from my SCH-I545
    07-01-2013 09:27 PM
    Try this app; https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...singring&hl=en

The escalating ringtone is normal behavior, this app will make your ringtone volume constant.
    I use the disable increasing ring app and it works great

Sent from my SCH-I545
    Any battery life issues?

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-01-2013 09:46 PM
    I find the increasing ring also occurs with my morning alarm...it is set for 4:45am so I actually like the increasing volume as there is less shock to the system!

MOD-CASE
    07-02-2013 05:53 AM
    ......The escalating ringtone is normal behavior, .....
    It wasn't that way on my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. I'll look into the apps mentioned if it annoys me enough. It's ashame that as feature packed as this phone is, you still need apps to fix simple things. First there is the white screen of the dialer and contacts, and now this.
    07-02-2013 06:54 AM
    Any battery life issues?

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app
    With me, I had big battery issues with it. On standby, battery would decrease about 8-9% per hour. Overnight, phone went down 20-25%. I promptly uninstalled and went back to my 0.5-1% every hour or so. I believe because it has to constantly be running in the background, it wastes battery. Also, Watchdog detected a lot of wakelocks from it. Maybe it's just me, but I uninstalled it. I'd rather have the battery life than the constant ringtone anyway.
    RenoD2010 likes this.
    07-02-2013 07:31 AM
    Funny, my normal ringtone is one that crescendos a bit anyway, but I had noticed that for a few seconds all I hear is the vibration going off before I ever hear the tone. I don't really mind, I guess.

It wasn't that way on my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. I'll look into the apps mentioned if it annoys me enough. It's a shame that as feature packed as this phone is, you still need apps to fix simple things. First there is the white screen of the dialer and contacts, and now this.
    Wasn't that way on the S3 either. It could be worse...there could be no apps available to "fix things"! In this case, however, it's not so much that anything is broken, but it would be nice if Samsung had put on option in there to disable this feature.
    07-02-2013 07:42 AM
    I guess its part of ICS and JB cuz I had my Epic 4g wirh GB and never had that problem. Moved to a LG Viper and had the issue thought it was the phone, but when I got my S4 the same thing happened so it makes me believe its a bug in ICS and JB.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-02-2013 07:44 AM
    I guess its part of ICS and JB cuz I had my Epic 4g wirh GB and never had that problem. Moved to a LG Viper and had the issue thought it was the phone, but when I got my S4 the same thing happened so it makes me believe its a bug in ICS and JB.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    Except that my S3 didn't seem to do that... (and if it did, it wasn't to the degree that my S4 does).
    07-02-2013 11:48 AM
    Hi i have lg g2 too and it does the same thing. Its hard to hear at first and then it gets really loud which is really anyoning. There has to be something to fix it. Can someone please tell me what to do. Thanjs
    05-04-2014 08:45 PM
    Thanks a lot! you saved my life. Just installed it and the problem was solved right a way!
    05-11-2014 10:49 PM
    I simply cannot go without that app on any of my androids. Why the hell not just make a setting for something so simple?

Posted via Android Central App
    05-14-2014 07:38 AM