07-02-2013 08:06 PM
56 123
tools
    It's definitely in the top 5 devices available today. Probably.
    07-01-2013 01:38 AM
    I sold my Iphone 5 to get the S4. Does that tell you something? The S4 is now very much better than the IP5. It has a beautiful screen, super processor, removable battery and MicroSD card. I really like my S4.
    07-01-2013 02:10 AM
    It's one of the best phone available right now. I only chose the s4 over the One because it was more powerful and I like to game on my phone. It depends on how you use your phone really.

Sent from my GT-I9500
    07-01-2013 04:36 AM
    Use your upgrade on the S4 then buy a contract free One on EBay and use both! I picked up a brand new stealth black One for only $495.00. Seems the market is way down on the One.
    07-01-2013 06:53 AM
    Is this phone really the phone to buy? I've been torn between this and the HTC One for weeks now. People (as in general users) got so caught up in the commercials that they didn't do any research. Help!
    Well, what do you mean by unbiased? I researched this carefully before I bought the S4. I'm delighted with it. You can find this debate raging over the forum--pick a thread.

If one concedes that its oft-mentioned competitor, the HTC One, is a serious competitor, what it easily came down to for me is the availability of an SD card slot and removable batteries. The way these high tech phones can chew up batteries can be scary if you are using them intensively. Having the ability to pop in a spare is great. Knowing that if you run a battery down constantly and ruin its life, it's just a cheap replacement, rather than sending the phone to the factory...and the nice big screen size. I love Samsung's many features, but for me screen size, battery and SD Card slot are the 3 most important issues.

So all other things aside, those are deal breakers for me and make the S4 far more functional. If you don't care, it's a harder choice no doubt.
    07-01-2013 08:19 AM
    Is this phone really the phone to buy? I've been torn between this and the HTC One for weeks now. People (as in general users) got so caught up in the commercials that they didn't do any research. Help!
    Get the device that fits you -- both are great phones and you probably can't go wrong with either one.
    07-01-2013 10:00 AM
    I have the GS4 the reasons why I didn't get the HTC One is because no SDcard, and not that much features as the GS4. Both phone are the best phones in the market as of now.
    No sdcard and no removeable battery on the One. Did it for me.
    07-01-2013 10:45 AM
    Use your upgrade on the S4 then buy a contract free One on EBay and use both! I picked up a brand new stealth black One for only $495.00. Seems the market is way down on the One.
    yep, in a few months I should be able to get a even trade for my iphone 5.
    07-01-2013 11:25 AM
    I switched from iPhone 5, got the HTC One and after 3 days decided to switch to GS4....will get it tomorrow :-)
    07-01-2013 02:39 PM
    I have the HTC One and I love it. A small part of me still wants to try the s4 and I'm sure I will sometime soon, but when I went to meet a guy to trade a week ago, I couldn't do it. I saw how cluttered the UI was compared to Sense 5 and I couldn't give it up yet. I know you can install launchers, install custom roms, blah blah blah. But the most I do is root my phone, flash a rom that's based on stock so I still have all the original functionality of the phone. I don't use launchers, but Sense 5 just seems perfect right now. And I love Blinkfeed. It cures my boredom when I have a few minutes to catch up on whatever lol. I've used the s3 the Note 2 and the iPhone 5 this year, I think I just needed a break from Touchwiz and Sense 5 was the perfect break for now And battery life is amazing...I unplugged at 6 am and I'm at 63% with moderate-heavy usage
    07-01-2013 06:07 PM
    You might want to check out HTC's financial situation right now. They are in trouble. If you are looking for long term support and rapid updates I'd look somewhere other than HTC.

HTC Q1 2013 financial results: 98% drop in profit, almost 50% drop in revenue - Neowin
    orion575 likes this.
    07-01-2013 08:14 PM
    You might want to check out HTC's financial situation right now. They are in trouble. If you are looking for long term support and rapid updates I'd look somewhere other than HTC.

HTC Q1 2013 financial results: 98% drop in profit, almost 50% drop in revenue - Neowin
    This article is 2 months old,like has been said try both see which one fits your needs do not listen to replies like this HTC is not going anywhere,both phones have pluses and minuses.

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk
    07-01-2013 08:38 PM
    This article is 2 months old,like has been said try both see which one fits your needs do not listen to replies like this HTC is not going anywhere,both phones have pluses and minuses.

How about these two "recent" stories?

"Taipei, June 30 (CNA) Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC Corp. continued to lose ground in the United States to competitors, including Apple Inc.'s iPhone and Samsung Electronics Co.'s Galaxy phones, according to data from research firm comScore. Taoyuan, Taiwan-based HTC saw its market share decline to 8.7 percent in the three months ending in May from 9.3 percent in the previous period ending in February, comScore said in a report released on June 28."

"HTC Corp. (2498) sank 3.4 percent in Taipei. The companys sales last month may have fallen between 14 percent and 20 percent from the previous month on weaker sales of its HTC One model, the Commercial Times reported. Two phone calls to Chief Financial Officer Chang Chialins office went unanswered."
    JCI Slides as Most Asia Indices Make Gains - The Jakarta Globe
    orion575 likes this.
    07-01-2013 09:14 PM
    How can anyone help you if you don't tell us how you plan to use the phone, or what features you need?
    07-01-2013 11:07 PM
    You might want to check out HTC's financial situation right now.
    Huh? By that "logic" they should buy an iPhone, since Apple has more money than the government....
    07-01-2013 11:09 PM
    Honestly, You can't really go wrong with either of those two choices.
    This. I was originally waiting for Verizon's HTC One. I had the original Galaxy and the Verizon version sucked. But. I objectively watched just about every One vs. S4 video I could and I agree that they are both high end devices. There are just features that set one apart from the other and you have to decide which one better suits your needs. I decided that the S4 was for me (camera features, remote, air gestures, brighter screen).
    07-02-2013 05:02 AM
    As mentioned above, it's all up to your needs. For me personally, the HTC One is a better choice because I prefer LCDs over Super Amoled displays and the plastic shell of the S4 simply can't match the aluminium unibody of the HTC One. I don't mind the non-expandable storage and unremovable battery, but you might want to take these things into consideration. Software-wise, Sense 5 appeals more to me. TouchWiz seems a bit old-fashioned. Regarding performance, the difference is negligible. Numbers aside, in real world usage you won't feel a dramatic difference in performance between the two handsets.
    Long story short, I would suggest the HTC One, but that's because I like it better. Yes, my reply is biased towards the One, but then again, everyone has different priorities. It's all up to you in the end. Make the choice based on your preferences, because you won't make a terrible choice either way. Good luck!
    07-02-2013 06:31 AM

Here's another:

"HTC saw its US market share decline to 8.7 percent in the three months ending in May, from 9.3 percent in the period ending in February, comScore said."
    Samsung?s US subsidies higher than HTC, Apple - Taipei Times

Again, a company with financial difficulties is not going to be able to support and update a phone as readily as a company that is flush with cash. You only have to look at the lack of OS updates from HTC to see the truth in that statement. I suggest to the OP that he buy whatever phone fits his needs but consider future updates and support in his buying decision.
    07-02-2013 07:49 AM
    That's a great argument for the nexus :-)

Transmitted through spacetime.
    07-02-2013 07:52 AM
    Here's another:

"HTC saw its US market share decline to 8.7 percent in the three months ending in May, from 9.3 percent in the period ending in February, comScore said."
    Samsung?s US subsidies higher than HTC, Apple - Taipei Times

Again, a company with financial difficulties is not going to be able to support and update a phone as readily as a company that is flush with cash. You only have to look at the lack of OS updates from HTC to see the truth in that statement. I suggest to the OP that he buy whatever phone fits his needs but consider future updates and support in his buying decision.
    I have 2 HTC phone both have gotten updates my rezound a software update you should really just say in my opinion instead of trying to convince anyone this is a fact.

07-02-2013 07:54 AM
    I have 2 HTC phone both have gotten updates my rezound a software update you should really just say in my opinion instead of trying to convince anyone this is a fact.

It is a fact that HTC ONE owners are complaining about the lack of a 4.2.2 update is it not?
    07-02-2013 07:57 AM
    Huh? By that "logic" they should buy an iPhone, since Apple has more money than the government....
    If he doesn't want an Android device then perhaps he should.
    07-02-2013 08:00 AM
    It is a fact that HTC ONE owners are complaining about the lack of a 4.2.2 update is it not?
    On a message board, fact are S4 16 gb users complaining about the update to move apps to the SD card, dude get all your facts straight before posting your nonsense,is Samsung paying you or do you own Samsung.most updates you have to blame the carrier not the maker.

07-02-2013 08:08 AM
    On a message board, fact are S4 16 gb users complaining about the update to move apps to the SD card, dude get all your facts straight before posting your nonsense,is Samsung paying you or do you own Samsung.most updates you have to blame the carrier not the maker.

Uh, you seem to have avoided the question. Are HTC ONE owners unhappy with the delay of the 4.2.2 update? No need to answer, we both know they are. Lets get back on topic. Your mention of the SD card updatae is exactly what I'm talking about. Samsung had no obligation to put out the update. They sold a hell of a lot of smartphones without it. But they have the money and resources to come up with an elective update and HTC still hasn't released the 4.2.2 update. A rational person could conclude that HTC is not the Company to go to if you are interested in timely updates.
    orion575 likes this.
    07-02-2013 08:30 AM
    Uh, you seem to have avoided the question. Are HTC ONE owners unhappy with the delay of the 4.2.2 update? No need to answer, we both know they are. Lets get back on topic. Your mention of the SD card updatae is exactly what I'm talking about. Samsung had no obligation to put out the update. They sold a hell of a lot of smartphones without it. But they have the money and resources to come up with an elective update and HTC still hasn't released the 4.2.2 update. A rational person could conclude that HTC is not the Company to go to if you are interested in timely updates.
    I have heard complaints about all phone manufacturers not getting timely updates these are carriers faults not the maker if there was a major issue like Samsung had with the lag they push updates out to keep the sales up I remember not to long ago Samsung had radio issues and a lot of upset customers complaining about the lack of an update

07-02-2013 08:38 AM
56 123