07-02-2013 08:06 PM
56 123
tools
    I have heard complaints about all phone manufacturers not getting timely updates these are carriers faults not the maker if there was a major issue like Samsung had with the lag they push updates out to keep the sales up I remember not to long ago Samsung had radio issues and a lot of upset customers complaining about the lack of an update

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk
    I think we could find any manufacturer falling behind in updates... It's happened to all them at one point or another. The main thing is if updates are a crucial thing for you.. Then that is why they made the Google Edition of these top phones.

Personally I don't fret about updates. I could always root to get something if I was desperate but.. I'm not. I can just wait .

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    07-02-2013 09:18 AM
    I think we could find any manufacturer falling behind in updates... It's happened to all them at one point or another. The main thing is if updates are a crucial thing for you.. Then that is why they made the Google Edition of these top phones.

Personally I don't fret about updates. I could always root to get something if I was desperate but.. I'm not. I can just wait .

Could not have said better myself!!!!!!

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk
    07-02-2013 09:23 AM
    It's one of the best phone available right now. I only chose the s4 over the One because it was more powerful and I like to game on my phone. It depends on how you use your phone really.

Sent from my GT-I9500
    Um, how is it more powerful, and why are people complaining about lag on the S4 and not on the One ? Overclocking the CPU by 200 MHz has a negligible effect on real world use.

Uh, you seem to have avoided the question. Are HTC ONE owners unhappy with the delay of the 4.2.2 update? No need to answer, we both know they are. Lets get back on topic. Your mention of the SD card updatae is exactly what I'm talking about. Samsung had no obligation to put out the update. They sold a hell of a lot of smartphones without it. But they have the money and resources to come up with an elective update and HTC still hasn't released the 4.2.2 update. A rational person could conclude that HTC is not the Company to go to if you are interested in timely updates.
    What delay ? I am currently running 4.2.2. Okay, it's a custom ROM, but the fact is, they made the device with an unlockable boot loader.

Of course with 32 or 64 gigs of storage, having to manage an SD card because your easy to crack the screen phone has only 16 gigs of storage, of which only nine are free, is not an issue.
    07-02-2013 10:52 AM
    Well, I finally made a decision yesterday afternoon. And now I am the proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy S4! :beer::beer:

Now all I need is a good case and holster!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    orion575 likes this.
    07-02-2013 11:15 AM
    Well, I finally made a decision yesterday afternoon. And now I am the proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy S4! :beer::beer:

Now all I need is a good case and holster!

Naked!

Aquila likes this.
    07-02-2013 11:53 AM
    Naked!

That's how it's been since I bought it :thumbup:

07-02-2013 08:06 PM
56 123