I need an honest, unbiased opinion here

thekidjames

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Is this phone really the phone to buy? I've been torn between this and the HTC One for weeks now. People (as in general users) got so caught up in the commercials that they didn't do any research. Help!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but I'd suggest u read reviews and try the phones out yourself to make your own unbiased decision... Both have benefits and drawbacks... There is no best phone but best for your own needs...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, You can't really go wrong with either of those two choices. I had the S4 and it did lag a little here and there. Not enough to be a big deal.
The HTC is great, and this may be nit picking but, I hate the text and ring tones. lol. Otherwise a great device.

I honestly think the LG Optimus G Pro is the best android phone out, but, its AT&T only, and its a 5.5" screen so its hard to use one handed.
I keep hearing rumors the galaxy S5 will be out before the end of the year with the new snapdragon 800. /shrug its just a rumor.

If I had to narrow the choice between the HTC One and S4. I personally would go S4. I thought it was a great phone overall.

thekidjames

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, You can't really go wrong with either of those two choices. I had the S4 and it did lag a little here and there. Not enough to be a big deal.
The HTC is great, and this may be nit picking but, I hate the text and ring tones. lol. Otherwise a great device.

I honestly think the LG Optimus G Pro is the best android phone out, but, its AT&T only, and its a 5.5" screen so its hard to use one handed.
I keep hearing rumors the galaxy S5 will be out before the end of the year with the new snapdragon 800. /shrug its just a rumor.

If I had to narrow the choice between the HTC One and S4. I personally would go S4. I thought it was a great phone overall.

no AT&T for me. I'm likely going to T-Mobile

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Is this phone really the phone to buy? I've been torn between this and the HTC One for weeks now. People (as in general users) got so caught up in the commercials that they didn't do any research. Help!
I have the GS4 the reasons why I didn't get the HTC One is because no SDcard, and not that much features as the GS4. Both phone are the best phones in the market as of now.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If the Htc One and Galaxy S4 hooked up and had a love child we would have one sweet phone! But that's not gonna happen so we have to make a choice. I had an Htc One for a week and ended up trading it for the S4, no regrets, I love the S4. They are both great phones, each with their own pluses and minuses. It really comes down to which one works best for you. The Sony Xperia phones are good too but the TFT displays viewing angle was a deal breaker for me. Check out the hands on video reviews on YouTube to get a sense of the phones capabilities and spend some time in store for the hands on feel. From their you should be able to make a choice that's right for you.

thekidjames

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
What are the most important things to you in a phone?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Battery life. Multitasking (as in doing multiple things such as listening to music and whatever else I happen to be doing without lag). Durability (I'm a bit of a klutz).

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Battery life. Multitasking (as in doing multiple things such as listening to music and whatever else I happen to be doing without lag). Durability (I'm a bit of a klutz).

Note 2 then. Amazon has it for $80 now.
S4 active for durability and decent battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Note 2 then. Amazon has it for $80 now.
S4 active for durability and decent battery life.

Why does the S4 rate higher in durability ? There are many people posting stories of removing the phone from their pocket and noticing their screen is cracked.

OP, if you're klutzy, get the One and Otterbox it.

thekidjames

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Why does the S4 rate higher in durability ? There are many people posting stories of removing the phone from their pocket and noticing their screen is cracked.

OP, if you're klutzy, get the One and Otterbox it.

that's the S4 Active which is different from the regular S4. the otterbox is too bulky though

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
that's the S4 Active which is different from the regular S4. the otterbox is too bulky though

The fact is that it is a miniature computer. You carry it around everywhere. If you carried your laptop around, youd be darn careful not to drop it. Well, in most cases, phones cost more these days.

So you either need to remember that it is something that you have to be careful with, or get a case that lets you abuse it.

I personally like the thin form factor, so I choose to be very careful.

SO... get the phone you want and be careful. Because you dont want to put a case on it, and no phone is going to withstand a drop onto concrete without a case.

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
The best advice given (or will be given) in this thread is to play extensively with both phones and eventually one will edge out the other. My plan at the beginning was to go with the One. It seemed like the device for me. Until I played with both. I found myself missing my time with the s4 and going back to it. It was little things like cool, non generic ringtones, the excellent camera, ability to add more storage and major customization that won me over.

The One has plenty of plusses as well, so you may end up feeling the opposite, which is why it's so important to spend time with both. As others have said, both are tremendous devices, but they do have plusses and minuses, regardless of what anyone tells you.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

S5 before the end of the year when the S4 just came out? That's the dumbest rumor I've heard

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I think I was in the same situation you are. You really need to use and feel both phones in the stores.

Write down all the stuff you want and need from your new phone and then compare to the stuff these phones (HTC One and Galaxy S4) can and can't do.
From there and after using them in-store you should be able to decide which one is best for you.

Everyone here could tell you their own likes and dislikes but at the end of the day, the phone that you get will be yours only. So only you can make the decision on which phone will be the best choice for you.

As for me I think the GS4 will be mine tomorrow night. If everything goes according to plan and I don't get the HTC One on the last minute :eek: :confused: :D

"If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!"
~Doctor Who.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22