Stolen Samsung Galaxy S4

Chess12345

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I am not very technically minded, and I know this is probably my fault, but here's the situation.

I lost my new phone at a concert! I didn't have my phone locked with a password.

If they wiped my phone and removed the SIM card do I have any hope of seeing my phone again?

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Did you have any software on their that could locate it? For example I have AVG antivirus pro which has that feature.

Sent from my GT-I9500

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
No unless he rooted it onto the phone.
If you have your phone details report it stolen to your carrier. Probably best to claim insurance.

Sorry to hear about your phone

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4

Chess12345

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I talked to my brother last night and he said he didn't install an app like that and if they factory reset the phone any apps on there like 'finding the phone' are useless...

What is IMEI, can my cell phone provider use that to track my phone if someone starts making calls on it? Surely they must know where all the cell phones are if they're connected.

I have home insurance but I think I need personal insurance to cover a lost item claim...

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, you are almost completely out of luck. The phone was not locked nor was security setup on it. Essentially whomever has it can swype into it, reset it and be good to go when it comes to using it. You can report it stolen to the carrier and depending on the carrier they may depending on whether you are in good standing or not offer a small discount on a new phone but other than that you are basically out of luck. Unfortunately.

Posted via Android Central App

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
IMEI is essentially a unique serial number links to the phone. The carrier will not help in tracking it, safe to say the phone you lost is gone.

Posted via Android Central App

Rashawn29

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
next time make sure you put a password in the factory reset option and install lookout mobile security or Cerberus to locate your phone.

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I am not very technically minded, and I know this is probably my fault, but here's the situation.

I lost my new phone at a concert! I didn't have my phone locked with a password.

If they wiped my phone and removed the SIM card do I have any hope of seeing my phone again?

If you had an app call Android Lost then it will be easy to track it and find it. I wish you luck in finding it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I lost my samsung galaxy s4 today.
Is there any chance of getting my phone back?
Please reply!

Um.. Getting it back? Sure if you can find who took it. Did you set up the GPS through Google device manager before hand or no?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

zoooN

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
In my country, Norway, if I report my phone stolen they can actually track it with the IMEI number. Atleast on iPhones without any software for it.

- Sent from my Galaxy S4 -

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Do you have to install device manager or does it do it automatically?

I went to the Google play store on my laptop earlier and I was able to locate my s4 using the device manager. Although I haven't installed it. I guess it must have done it automatically.

Posted via my S4/Tab 2

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you have to install device manager or does it do it automatically?

I went to the Google play store on my laptop earlier and I was able to locate my s4 using the device manager. Although I haven't installed it. I guess it must have done it automatically.

Posted via my S4/Tab 2
It's part of the android core. It installs automatically and cannot be uninstalled. Even if a phone is wiped, it will eventually reinstall unless a custom ROM without Google apps is used.