Hi all,

A newbie here.

Wondering if anyone can help. I've recently migrated from iPhone to Galaxy S4. The main reason I had been putting off any migration was because of migration tools. I used the Samsung migration tool to import all sorts of data but particularly text messages and call logs (the rest sits on servers).

This was a month ago. Today when trying to find some info within my texts I realised the limit was set to 200. This obviously means some of the conversions I need to retrieve are gone from the device.

I still have my old backup that has all these messages. Thankfully iPhone didn't have this ridiculous limit.

If I were to re-import my text messages, will I end up with duplicates? Did a bit of searching but can't seem to find an answer so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    07-01-2013 10:17 AM
    In case anyone is interested, re-importing data from original backup does not result in duplication of messages. However it's worth noting that it allows the message app down immensely.

What I had to do was: restore apps using smart switch app, get the database rebuilt (this is done automatically after completing a smart switch import), then archive all of my messages and set back the retention settings back to 200 messages. Apparently the stock database just cannot cope with anymore. Make sure you reboot your device after this or the app will be crawling till then.

Hope this helps someone.
    07-04-2013 05:36 PM