device keeps pausing while playing music or listening to podcast or audio book

Randy Paries

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I am having a really annoying problem with my s4. I hope it is a setting ( i am a newbie to the android world).
This problem is not app specific , so i am thinking it has to be a system setting??

the problem is while listening to a podcast, pandora, rhaposdy or audible app , randomly the device pauses. I have to go back to the device and press the play and it continues. It is really annoying It has happened in my pant pocket, on my desk and while driving in my car.

Any help/ideas would really be appreciated.

Randy :(

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I am having a really annoying problem with my s4. I hope it is a setting ( i am a newbie to the android world).
This problem is not app specific , so i am thinking it has to be a system setting??

the problem is while listening to a podcast, pandora, rhaposdy or audible app , randomly the device pauses. I have to go back to the device and press the play and it continues. It is really annoying It has happened in my pant pocket, on my desk and while driving in my car.

There are two setting that will pause music if these setting are on then it will pauses music when you don't want it too. What do your setting say. Go to motions/gesture>motion>Mute/Pause. Or try this motion/gestures>palm motion>mute/pause.. and see what those settings say.

Randy Paries

May 9, 2013
Visit site
turned these functions off.
Still happening.
I am really disappointed in how flacky these devices are.
I was not really an apple fan boy , but this device is making me one.

MRQturbo

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Try turning off voice control...my music would randomly pause also..turned that feature off and it hasn't since....

Posted via Android Central App

FATRAY

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This was happening to me also with any music listening app. Slacker, Tune In, Stock app, ect... I fixed it and it hasn't happened since, very easy fix, all I did was do a factory reset, fixed all issues I was having.
I have a Verizon Rezound, had it for over a year. It was long overdue, don't be afraid to do takes less then an hour. That 45 minutes includes restoring all you're old apps and settings.

jayrod88

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue? I've done some searching and haven't found a real solution yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I was going nuts trying to figure this out and I finally did. I left the bluetooth speaker on in the car. the phone was just far enough to connect but not stay connected. perhaps you have a headset you leave on or something?

thehicks

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I am fairly sure it is connected to a change is network or data status.
For example, if your phone goes from wi-fi to 4g, or 4g to 3g, or if you are driving in an area that has weak 3g...every time the 3g locks in or out it will pause.
When I run, it always pauses at the same place on my street, where i lose the wi-fi from my house and it switches to 3g....then there is another location on my run where the 4g and 3g compete for my phone's signal causing repeated multiple pauses.
It happens on audible, stock music player......... anything playing audio will pause if the data connection changes at all.
I drove from Austin to Alberta this summer and there were many places in between with weak signals and this pausing was infuriating.
Samsung or Google MUST fix this....I have never owned and iPhone, but this may be enough to push me to it!
Corey

wangyeou

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

Helloo!! I had this problem too! With my s2, s4zoom and now Note3, it's really annoying!

Problem Solved! After i remove 3rd apps (bellman) in my phone.

i used to install this app (bellman) in my previous Galaxy Phone, and finally i know what is causing the stock music / video player to pause randomly!!!

So people, try this method, find out which 3rd app is affecting your stock music player. And say bye bye to annoying Auto-Music-Pause! Cheers :)

MistyGun Pang

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I have some issue with game pausing by itself , can somebody give me a real solution for this?oh and ive just root my device recently using kingo root

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I would look to see what other apps are running. It could be something running in the background using a lot of computer time like a game or a cloud service! Press and hold the home key to see what else is running. You can close them all at the bottom of the screen. Drag down from the top of the screen and turn off Bluetooth, WiFi and location to see if this is causing the problem. Turn off any voice activation apps. This is not normal for the S-4.
Let us know what you find!

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey.. I think I found a solution!!!

I was having this same issue.... Installed Nova Launcher and it resolved the issue. I didn't install the launcher to fix the issue but it resolved by mistake. Anyway, just install a different launcher and see if it resolves the issue for you..

Good LUCK.. Annoying problem!!

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey.. I think I found a solution!!!

I was having this same issue.... Installed Nova Launcher and it resolved the issue. I didn't install the launcher to fix the issue but it resolved by mistake. Anyway, just install a different launcher and see if it resolves the issue for you..

Good LUCK.. Annoying problem!!

Never mind. .. still happening. . :/ Nova didn't fix it. Wow..I was having this issue with my s4 and now with brand new s6...

altin123

May 8, 2015
Visit site

Buddy I found it out. Might be two years late but you have to go to settings , click ibliptv app and turn off background refresh :) found it out this morning

Bhavin Bhaskaran

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Here is the solution I got for similar problem...
you just keep your media volume to 3 quarter or half the way...
It really worked perfectly for me...

My problem was with JIO Music ( hopefully most online music portal work same)

Music was pausing frequently while connecting to car using aux cable
or when connecting to speakers using same.
So try and let me know if it worked you @ [Email removed by Moderator]
and i got this solution from
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-randomly-pauses-the-music/td-p/118394

cheers

Last edited by a moderator: