New to android, does S4 really have lag issues?

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
About the HTC One (which I have), although it doesn't lag it still has jittery animations in some cases. This isn't becasue of dropped frames but because HTC failed to make them smooth. An example of this is when you pinch out on the home screen and go back. This desn't stop the devie being good but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

The S4 doesn't usually lag, but stutters with lost frames.

Tom

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
About the HTC One (which I have), although it doesn't lag it still has jittery animations in some cases. This isn't becasue of dropped frames but because HTC failed to make them smooth. An example of this is when you pinch out on the home screen and go back. This desn't stop the devie being good but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

The S4 doesn't usually lag, but stutters with lost frames.

Tom

Yes, I have the HTC One also and yes it stutters just like you said. You really have to look for it, but its there. Now I notice it every time, Thanks, haha.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you have anything good to say? Besides LOL
Yes, I can say that because of your post I just won 25.00 in a bet, so thank you for that. You see you're nothing if not predictable shoii, and I knew that just like all the other times before that you'd be stalking/lurking and post something unproductive like that to me. On a serious note, have you ever tried to actually help anyone on these forums, or do you just troll here? Oh and by the way, saying LOL is a form of laugher, and laughter is a good thing. Just say'in. (LOL)

zorrowaz

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi no lag at all just download trustgo antivirus software has built in ram cleaner only use the commands you need turn the rest off things off to many tasks will lag a bit hope I helped

Posted via Android Central App

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I can say that because of your post I just won 25.00 in a bet, so thank you for that. You see you're nothing if not predictable shoii, and I knew that just like all the other times before that you'd be stalking/lurking and post something unproductive like that to me. On a serious note, have you ever tried to actually help anyone on these forums, or do you just troll here? Oh and by the way, saying LOL is a form of laugher, and laughter is a good thing. Just say'in. (LOL)

Stalking? You're on every thread commenting something negative about someone or something. You trying to help? Really? All you do is criticize and put people down trying to make yourself better than anyone here. As for the LOL I know exactly what it means and unless you have a need to put it in caps, lowercase is fine. Everybody knows when you put it in caps you're just mocking something or someone. But I guess it makes sense for you to be that unsatisfied with your phone that you need to go on other peoples threads and put them down to make yourself feel better. Anyone satisfied with their phone doesn't need to go criticizing anyone elses choice because they're too busy enjoying their phones.

GS4 Love

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Stalking?
Yes. This is the 3rd or 4th time that you've posted in a thread solely to say something derogatory to me. Your post above proves this point. You've disrupted other threads and been derogatory to others too. As a former admin/moderator I know what you're trying to pull here and I will not get baited by you. As for everything else that you've said it simply is nothing more than a collection of opinionated lies. History has recorded that when treads go unanswered I am many times the first to try to help someone here and on many other forums. Oops...you cannot say the same thing. Sorry if it can be shown that your beloved s4 is not perfect. guess what, no phone is. Have a nice holiday, and glad that you realize that laughter in this world is a good thing.

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes. This is the 3rd or 4th time that you've posted in a thread solely to say something derogatory to me. Your post above proves this point. You've disrupted other threads and been derogatory to others too. As a former admin/moderator I know what you're trying to pull here and I will not get baited by you. As for everything else that you've said it simply is nothing more than a collection of opinionated lies. History has recorded that when treads go unanswered I am many times the first to try to help someone here and on many other forums. Oops...you cannot say the same thing. Sorry if it can be shown that your beloved s4 is not perfect. guess what, no phone is. Have a nice holiday, and glad that you realize that laughter in this world is a good thing.

This makes me happy

GS4 Love

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Feel free to watch almost any S4 review video.

OP, either phone is phenomenal with a custom ROM that eliminates bloatware. ;)

If you want loud sound, a bright and crisp screen, and less out-of-the-box lag, take the HTC One.
If you want a larger screen, expandable memory & a bit bigger battery, take the Galaxy S4.

Haha...no thread on lag goes by without Dreamliner330!

I may not agree with all of your posts, but this is pretty spot-on.

Before I did anything else when I first got my S4, I rooted it and put CleanROM on it (I had run CleanROM on my previous S3 and loved it), then setup the phone and put Nova launcher on it and did everything else to get it setup the way I want. I never really got a chance to see how much "lag" there was out of the box with stock firmware and Touchwiz launcher, but I can say that with my current setup, any lag that is present is negligible if non-existent. My only point here is that if there is a significant lag problem with this phone, I believe it's probably software related...but even then many folks using the S4 with an out-of-the-box configuration claim to have no lag issues.

I think this part here sums it up pretty well:
If you want loud sound, a bright and crisp screen, and less out-of-the-box lag, take the HTC One.
If you want a larger screen, expandable memory & a bit bigger battery, take the Galaxy S4.

Good advice. Both are quality devices, both have positives and negatives. If there is only thing I prefer about the S4 it's the battery...this is definitely the first Android phone I've ever owned that I can get 2 days on a single charge, though obviously your mileage may vary.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I find you much more predictable than him. ;)