Skype 4.0 and Galaxy S4

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue with skype on my S4 and it basically makes video calling unusable.

When I enter a video call, my phone does not switch to the loudspeaker but instead stays on the earpiece and in turn I can't hear the other person without putting the phone up to my ear or using earbuds.

Is anybody else having the same issues using skype on the S4?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm having an issue with skype on my S4 and it basically makes video calling unusable.

When I enter a video call, my phone does not switch to the loudspeaker but instead stays on the earpiece and in turn I can't hear the other person without putting the phone up to my ear or using earbuds.

I am having exactly the same issue with my s4.

Any idea as how to solve this?.. its annoying as I use skype on a daily basis.

No option for loudspeaker communication .. hmm. My iPhone 5 has no issues with this.

Any thoughts??

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site

No option for loudspeaker communication .. hmm. My iPhone 5 has no issues with this.

Any thoughts??

Mine and my niece's s4 will not allow us to use video but we can use audio - we can also see and hear the other party.... What gives?

?Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk ?
?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Any thoughts??

During voice calls, I get the loudspeaker option but my main use of skype is video calling distant family and I dont want too have to use earbuds but for the time being thats what I have been doing.

If you look at the video ad skype made for this new update they show the S4 being used in a video call which is weird since it doesn't work.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I can not believe how incomplete skype is on s4?

Is this the case with a very few peps only?!

It is most likely affecting all the S4's since the app is buggy. It is pathetic that skype didnt perfect the app for the android device with 20 million sales.

oceanrealm

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
First time using Skype today, and I had the same problem. Had to plug in my earphones to hear the caller. I initially thought the caller was speaking too quietly but called her back on my laptop and the sound was fine. I hope they fix this problem quickly.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have tried Google Hangouts and it works flawlessly although with the latest Skype Update, it seems to have fixed the loudspeaker issue. The issue is not 100% fixed because it only switches to loudspeaker when I initiate the call. If I receive a call it goes to the earpiece.

Saadkhan_01

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I have something different problen in my s4 on skype....when i make a video call...it uses back camera rather than front...and it has no option to switch it to front camera....can any one know how to switch the camera.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX