Removable back cover for future S5?

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
There are rumors pointing to a possible metal chassis for the Galaxy S5. It seems like having a removable back cover, with access to the battery and sim/micro sd, is an important feature to many buyers. I wonder if Samsung will stay with that design feature. The China version of the HTC One, has the removable back cover and still maintains the premium feel. With the purchase of a carbon fibre company, Samsung will be able to have phones with that kind of body. Not sure if they can ramp it up fast enough for first quarter 2014. I really like my S4 which replaced my IP5, but already planning to purchase the next S5.

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
There are rumors pointing to a possible metal chassis for the Galaxy S5. It seems like having a removable back cover, with access to the battery and sim/micro sd, is an important feature to many buyers. I wonder if Samsung will stay with that design feature. The China version of the HTC One, has the removable back cover and still maintains the premium feel. With the purchase of a carbon fibre company, Samsung will be able to have phones with that kind of body. Not sure if they can ramp it up fast enough for first quarter 2014. I really like my S4 which replaced my IP5, but already planning to purchase the next S5.
I hope Samsung stays with the removable back.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
A removable battery and an sd card slot are required as far as I'm concerned. I won't consider a phone without both. As to whether the phone is plastic or metal, I really don't care as long as it feels solid. The Galaxy S4 and my previous S3 and droid Charge feel/felt fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy