Stock Browser - Weird Page Zoom with Blue Lined Border ???

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when I'm using the stock browser the page will suddenly zoom in and there will be a blue-lined surround. I don't know what I am doing to trigger this, but once its there I have to close the browser to get rid of it. I am familiar with the double and triple taps for zooming, but this is something different. Anyone else experience this? Can I turn it off?

Thanks, Rich

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you have air view webpage magnifier turned on. I know that will put a blue line around words when you hold your finger over them.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I now understand how I get the magnified screen, but I still can't figure out how to get out of it and return to the normal screen. Any idea's?

Thanks
Rich

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I know it's in the user guide. One of the functions is holding your finger and moving the screen around to view a document. The other is being able to zoom in and out with your finger by moving the phone forward and back. I would think the default would be to either double or triple tap the screen to magnify and de-magnify. Or maybe using pinch with 2 fingers to zoom in/out

richsadiq

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I know it's in the user guide. One of the functions is holding your finger and moving the screen around to view a document. The other is being able to zoom in and out with your finger by moving the phone forward and back. I would think the default would be to either double or triple tap the screen to magnify and de-magnify. Or maybe using pinch with 2 fingers to zoom in/out

richsadiq

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Noticed the same problem on my HTC one but only since it received android 4.2.2 I have concluded that if I tap any page 3 times quickly the problem is there and tapping 3 times quickly again puts it back normal again must be an android glitch annoying tho till I found the fix as it often did it in the middle of writing an email let me know if this helps.

n7fan

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It's called magnification gestures, you can turn it off in settings > accessibility > magnification gestures. It bugged me especially when punching numbers quickly in my calculator app, so I offed it.

Posted via Android Central App

Jan Welch

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I'm using the stock browser the page will suddenly zoom in and there will be a blue-lined surround. I don't know what I am doing to trigger this, but once its there I have to close the browser to get rid of it. I am familiar with the double and triple taps for zooming, but this is something different. Anyone else experience this? Can I turn it off?

Thanks, Rich

Jan Welch

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a moto g and it does the same thing.I hate having to close especially when I'm right in the middle of something. I couldn't find anything in My user guide either. I also have problems with my back key not deleting. I have to press on each word to them. I have since then, tried what n7fan suggested, about going to settings, then accessibility and turned off the magnification, . .and it worked, problem solved.
Thank You n7fan for the information.
Jan W.

Last edited:

Alisha Dixon

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
It's called magnification gestures, you can turn it off in settings > accessibility > magnification gestures. It bugged me especially when punching numbers quickly in my calculator app, so I offed it.

Posted via Android Central App

This has been the number one issue I had with my phone, only the frame was orange. The options for accessibility> magnification were not available as a listed item. Ive looked for it before but obviously had a derp moment and didnt think to search it. Its there in the archives for anyone else who has had a moment like myself. Thanks for posting this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12