10-21-2016 06:11 AM
34 12
tools
    I don't know what I'm replying to you I'm trying to get an answer why my server failed my email at hotmail.com
    01-26-2014 02:49 PM
    I have been having issues with email loading. Until recently, I got notifications whenever an email came in on any of my accounts (yahoo, Gmail, 2 with shaw) and they were immediately available. Now I have to refresh whenever I want to see emails. I've reset passwords, cleaned up junk...Help! I have probably done something inadvertently to cause this.
    03-07-2014 01:08 PM
    Hey Ken_godaddy! I have domains and email through godaddy. I am having kind of the same issues. I get some email notifications but they don't make it to the pre-installed email app on my S4. I try to open them and they disappear never to be found again. I tried several email apps with no luck. Did many factory resets, I know my settings are good. Now I have observed that the auto sync doesn't seem to sync every 15 minutes like it is set to. If you have any ideas I'm all ears.
    03-13-2014 01:56 PM
    @pairofmedix,

That certainly sounds strange. Have you also tried removing the email address from the phone and re-add it?
    Also, you may want to check out the Sync Schedule in your Account Settings to make sure it is set to "push", or perhaps see if there are other options enabled, such as "only over WiFi", etc.
    If you keep experiencing issues, or are seeing any errors, please respond with more details in a PM and we'll try to help.
    03-13-2014 05:02 PM
    Silly me I went to the play store @ google and checked out the properties page for the app that you are trying to push here. All you have to do is register here and you can do it too - this app called aqua mail can do all kinds of neat things like access your contacts list and CHANGE THEM for you it can tell what kind of a connection you have (wifi or other types) and change them too !! I figured that I had nothing better to do for about 45 minutes so I would tell the rest of you about it. I'm a junior member here(just registered) but I build desktops in my spare time to the tune of 15 yrs exp. lets see if they will let me submit this ??
    05-09-2014 10:39 PM
    Whenever I try to add my hotmail account it tells me it is invalid. nI know this is not true because I use it multiple times a day. As I do not use gmail on a regular basis all my important emails go to hotmail and all of my contacts have that email.I know my address and password are correct but still entered then 3 times before I gave up. Please help.
    06-05-2014 04:54 AM
    Every time I put my Hotmail account in to add it tells me it is invalid. The fourth time it didn't say anything just wouldn't make " next " button available. I never use the Gmail account all important correspondence is done through Hotmail.
    Please advise as to what to do.
    06-05-2014 05:10 AM
    I just ended up downloading the yahoo mail app. Apparently Samsung doesn't care enough to respond to these inquires. It could be Yahoo too though. Maybe they changed a setting or something to make it incompatible with stock email so ppl will have to download their app. Guess we'll never know.
    10-20-2014 06:55 PM
    Hello. I installed a new Yahoo email application under the guidance of the Samsung customer service on my land line. Thought it had cleared as there wasn't the irritating 'sign-in failed' notice. But no, it's still wrong, notice is back. I had changed the password as Yahoo recommended and now have this mess on my phone. I still get yahoo emails but am suffering a persistent ring as the 'sign-in failed' notice appears. Not good enough and I would like my phone to be back to normal.

Is this a problem with Yahoo, Android or Samsung?

I also lost too much of the important contacts on my S4 when I upgraded the software. Not good.
    10-21-2016 06:11 AM
34 12