Help - Samsung Galaxy S4 stock email messed up

ash7051

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
my stock email client on my samsung galaxy s4 isnt working properly . a. my yahoo account keeps saying login failed server password changed when it hasnt changed and it keeps going in a cycle .
b. my godaddy email sometimes says "sending failed" after trying to resend

does anyone have any fixes besides readding the accounts as it keeps happening .

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

rootjunkie

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: help samsung galaxy s4 stock email messed up

my stock email client on my samsung galaxy s4 isnt working properly . a. my yahoo account keeps saying login failed server password changed when it hasnt changed and it keeps going in a cycle .
b. my godaddy email sometimes says "sending failed" after trying to resend

does anyone have any fixes besides readding the accounts as it keeps happening .

thanks
hey there,

Try installing a new email application to your device, click on this link:https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=org.kman.AquaMail&hl=en&token=TsGRUt0d it may help you with your worries.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Did it ever work, and just stopped working?

Or have you never got it to work?

Both problems are usually caused by either a bad password entered, or the settings are wrong.

Either the ports are incorrect or the settings for the send server are not set right

Posted via Android Central App

ash7051

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

it worked then theres "sign in failed password incorrect" where it is correct ...then it goes away ...

on my go daddy it sometimes says sending failed but works ..

- - - Updated - - -

hey there,

Try installing a new email application to your device, click on this link:https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=org.kman.AquaMail&hl=en&token=qFN5Yruj it may help you with your worries.

Thanks will give it a shot . does it push the email ? with notifications ? thanks

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

@ash7051,

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

Are you still running into issues with accessing your Exchange email on your device?

If so I would like to assist you further. Feel free to reply or send me a private message.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

@ash7051,

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

Are you still running into issues with accessing your Exchange email on your device?

If so I would like to assist you further. Feel free to reply or send me a private message.

Hi,

Im having me issues with my Email - I have 2 Hotmail account on the stock email app.

this has only happened several times in the last few weeks.

for some reason, randomly, it makes a sound like i'm getting an email - I click the notification in the notification bar and it says - Log in Failed.

this has happened to both my Hotmail accounts.

on one of these times it said my password had changed ( I had actually been hacked and noticed about 10 emails sent to dodgy addresses) - so I changed my password.

then a few days later it had happened again but to both account - within a few hours of each other. no hack this time.

there is no reason why by what I can tell - I even logged on to my laptop and checked my emails. Everything was fine - I changed my passwords anyway so had to log in again on my Samsung S4.

Can any of you give advice on what I should do other than get another email app?

should I clear data and cache and start again on the emails? I have reset my phone a couple of times but no change as it happened again.

Your help would be grateful.

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

@Teddy Jenkins,

Thanks for your reply. Do you happen to have your email through GoDaddy? If not, outside of the steps you have already taken, my only advice would be to try another email application. This would help you determine if it is an issue with the stock email app/device, or an issue with the email account itself.

Outside of the information above I would not be able to assist further with your Hotmail account, if your email still is not working I would suggest speaking with your email provider and/or your cell phone provider.

If you do have email with Go Daddy and are running into issues with it, please feel free to reply or send me a private message.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

@Ken_GoDaddy

Thanks for your help.

Is there any chance you can explain more about Go Daddy? I'm looking on the play store and it does say much about being an email client and the pics they have up doesn't show a lot.

Thanks

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

@Teddy Jenkins,

Thanks for your reply.

Go Daddy provides domain registration, hosting services, and email among other products and services.

The GoDaddy application you are referring to is an app for our customers to access and manage their account and products and it includes an email client within the application.

However, the email client in our application will only work if GoDaddy is your email provider. Since your email is through Hotmail you may want to look for an email application that is compatible with them.

If there are more questions you have regarding GoDaddy, please feel free to reach out to me via private message.

jillybeantrout

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

my stock email client on my samsung galaxy s4 isnt working properly my yahoo account keeps saying login failed server password changed when it hasnt changed and it keeps going in a cycle. I installed Aqua Mail and it wouldn't set up it said failed. I don't have any other accounts other than Yahoo and all my mail and people are in that one account changing isn't really an option at this time. I have deleted the account and reentered 3 times, keeps happening. HELP PLEASE MAKING ME NUTS :mad:

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

my stock email client on my samsung galaxy s4 isnt working properly my yahoo account keeps saying login failed server password changed when it hasnt changed and it keeps going in a cycle. I installed Aqua Mail and it wouldn't set up it said failed. I don't have any other accounts other than Yahoo and all my mail and people are in that one account changing isn't really an option at this time. I have deleted the account and reentered 3 times, keeps happening. HELP PLEASE MAKING ME NUTS :mad:

Had it always been that way?

my shiney new S4

g0var

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

I'm getting the same "sign-in failed" intermittently using the built-in email app with my blueyonder account. I have two other email accounts and so far no probs with them..
Also, may be related, when I try to use links from within emails, I often get a message like "connection stopped" and I have to tap a button on the screen to re-connect.
Makes me think this is an android comms issue.
Would be very greatful for any advice..

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm getting the same "sign-in failed" intermittently using the built-in email app with my blueyonder account. I have two other email accounts and so far no probs with them..
Also, may be related, when I try to use links from within emails, I often get a message like "connection stopped" and I have to tap a button on the screen to re-connect.
Makes me think this is an android comms issue.
Would be very greatful for any advice..

After having this issue for a while I just used a different email app as it was so frustrating. As I have 2 Hotmail accounts I just use the outlook app. Not write a good in some ways but does the job with pushed notifications and everything else I need from an email app. I recommend just downloading a new email app like k9 or aqua email till this issue is resolved.

my shiney new S4

Ken_GoDaddy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

@g0var,

I?m with GoDaddy and came across your post.

Do you host your email through GoDaddy? If so I would like to assist you further so together we may reach a resolution. Feel free to reply or send me a private message.

saporta

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

There are several threads about the issue with Yahoo email accounts giving the "Failed to Login in xyz@yahoo.com" message. This has been going on since 2009. I really think this is an issue with Yahoo. I have in my Android stock email client, email accounts:
- Three Yahoo emails account
- One Hotmail email account
- Two POP3/IMAP/Exchange Corporate email accounts.

I only get this issue with the Yahoo accounts and when it happens, it happens for ALL three Yahoo email accounts. Then, at some point, after several trials, it will, suddenly and for not reason, will login to ALL the yahoo email accounts.

I have tried using the K9 email client as it is proposed in several threads. It still gives the error message.

I wish someone from Yahoo could have read one of these threads lingering in various forums since 2009 to try to fix it.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

There are several threads about the issue with Yahoo email accounts giving the "Failed to Login in xyz@yahoo.com" message. This has been going on since 2009. I really think this is an issue with Yahoo. I have in my Android stock email client, email accounts:
- Three Yahoo emails account
- One Hotmail email account
- Two POP3/IMAP/Exchange Corporate email accounts.

I only get this issue with the Yahoo accounts and when it happens, it happens for ALL three Yahoo email accounts. Then, at some point, after several trials, it will, suddenly and for not reason, will login to ALL the yahoo email accounts.

I have tried using the K9 email client as it is proposed in several threads. It still gives the error message.

I wish someone from Yahoo could have read one of these threads lingering in various forums since 2009 to try to fix it.

This issue is not just with yahoo mail. My Hotmail accounts do the same. I can't figure out why this happens.

my shiney new S4

mattjozwiak

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

Having the same problem. Can you tell me what you did to fix it? Did you try the Aqua Mail app? Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui