Gallery freezing

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I have beeb havi g an issue where i open the gallery, choose an album and the gallery freezesm the screen becomes unresponsive and i have go to use the home button to get out of the app. I have tried battery pulls, restarting, unistalling/reinstalling my launcher. Nothi g is working. Has anyone had this issue? Or know of any fixes?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

vrae22

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem I go to look at my pictures and it freezes, like you I have.to press the home. Also when I recorded a video and went to play it, it says it . can't play. Idk what to do...

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Its so frustrating. I have tried everything... Hopefully someone has some i sight

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Try locating your gallery in settings/apps and Force Stop it and Clear Data and Cache.

Sent from a Rooted Galaxy S3

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem and what I did was exactly what I747 did but in addition to that I did a battery pull and the gallery was fixed.

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
And you h@vent had the issue since? Im just about to try it. Hopingggg it works

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Tried it along with a battery pull and unfortunately did not work :( i contacted my providor and they told me the only thing i can do is send the phone to get assessed and fixed (which i need to pay for) and they cant guarantee anything will be fixed. Such a let down! Gonna have to fi d so.e other way to figure this out. Refuse to get rid of the phone lol

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
If you still have time I recommend you to stop wasting time. It's a new device that shouldn't be doing that!

Go and exchange it for another one!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Tried it along with a battery pull and unfortunately did not work :( i contacted my providor and they told me the only thing i can do is send the phone to get assessed and fixed (which i need to pay for) and they cant guarantee anything will be fixed. Such a let down! Gonna have to fi d so.e other way to figure this out. Refuse to get rid of the phone lol

Never had the problem again... like you were previously told if you still have the time exchange it for another one and if not I would try a hard reset before sending the phone, it may help you.

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
No time. Just my luck! Had it for two months now. Thanks for the help though everyone, gonna try contacting samsung support or something

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I haven't used the gallery app for years, try Quick Pic. I loathe the gallery app.

?Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk ?
?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used the gallery app for years, try Quick Pic. I loathe the gallery app.

?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

I actually switched to it a few days ago and loooved it, but it also is not working, not uploading any pictures or videos i take from the camera onto quickpic. ive been talking to the developer who also cannot figure out the issue after tryi g different fixes so back to square one lol.. I dont think ive had such bad luck before lol

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I actually switched to it a few days ago and loooved it, but it also is not working, not uploading any pictures or videos i take from the camera onto quickpic. ive been talking to the developer who also cannot figure out the issue after tryi g different fixes so back to square one lol.. I dont think ive had such bad luck before lol

Ok maybe I didn't read your post thoroughly, did you check the path at which your files are being saved? And you are "showing" all files? If you are talking to the developer, I assume he's to you to check these things....

?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok maybe I didn't read your post thoroughly, did you check the path at which your files are being saved? And you are "showing" all files? If you are talking to the developer, I assume he's to you to check these things....

?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

Yes i have checked :( he has had me try lots of thi gs but ultimately said he cant figure out the source of the issue and that i need to get in touch with samsung as he thinks it is a firmware problem on their side. Lol be happy ypu dont have the issue!

Again though thanks to everyone for being so helpful!

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Just an update, I called Samsung and ultimately they couldn't do anything for me, other then send the phone in to be looked at. Took it to my carrier, who said the same thing. Had to send it in for a fee. In the end, I took it to a local cell phone repair shop who is going to flash the phone with my carriers firmware, and if it does not fix it then flash it with another carriers to see if it does the trick. Fingers are crossed LOL.

Tina Ridley

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
My S4 gallery kept freezing and I think I've found a solution. Somehow my photos were being saved onto my sd card so I changed the storage to phone and now I have no probs :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes i have checked :( he has had me try lots of thi gs but ultimately said he cant figure out the source of the issue and that i need to get in touch with samsung as he thinks it is a firmware problem on their side. Lol be happy ypu dont have the issue!

Again though thanks to everyone for being so helpful!

So, did you get that fixed?
Did you do a factory reset by any chance to see if that took care of the problem?
Let us know. :)

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey!

Yes it is all fixed now! We think it ended up being a corrupt file, as once it was deleted, the issue has never returned. It was a picture with sound. The guy put my SD card into his phone, and had the exact same problem I had. Once the file was gone, it went back to normal :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey!

Yes it is all fixed now! We think it ended up being a corrupt file, as once it was deleted, the issue has never returned. It was a picture with sound. The guy put my SD card into his phone, and had the exact same problem I had. Once the file was gone, it went back to normal :)

Thanks for letting us know about it.
I'm sure it will help other people down the road if they get the same issue. :thumbup::D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995