Samsung sold 20 million Galaxy S4 devices in just two months

It's quite noteworthy that the figure comes from the CEO himself and not anonymous sources or so called analysts.

Meanwhile, I haven't been able to put my Stealth Black One down since I got it last week. Go figure.
    Aquila and tohio like this.
    07-03-2013 05:57 AM
    Samsung ships 20 million Galaxy S4s | Android Central

That's odd, according to AC they shipped 20 million but haven't gotten word on sales. Either way, they're on a pace to match the iPhone 5's first full quarter shipments.

20,000,000 is an amazing number though. If they're all sold, it means if you pick a random 1,000 smartphone owners from the Earth, around 5 will have S4's. That's including all of the free and $.99 phones out there, etc.
    07-03-2013 06:18 AM
    Lol it's too early for that crazy math hypothesis

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    satannik likes this.
    07-03-2013 06:25 AM
    Just curious, what is this replying to? Who said they already tanked? I thought it was Q3 and Q4 sales forecasts that were downgraded.
    07-03-2013 06:28 AM
    Just curious, what is this replying to? Who said they already tanked? I thought it was Q3 and Q4 sales forecasts that were downgraded.
    There's been a lot of chest pounding around here by Samsung h8ers when reports came out that Analysts had cut sales forecasts. People said all sorts of silly hyperbolic things without any hard data to support it.
    orion575 likes this.
    07-03-2013 06:43 AM
    Samsung releases their quarterly numbers pretty soon. Then we'll see the real numbers.

Right now analysts think they missed their numbers:
    Chicago Tribune

John
    07-03-2013 07:48 AM
    I still smell something fishy. Remember when Goldman Sachs said Samsung would sell 80 million Galaxy S4s? Samsung didn't say it, financial analysts said it. Then those same analysts said Samsung wouldn't sell 80 million S4s and the Samsung stock lost ground. Sounds like market manipulation to me. I wonder how many of those analysts sold their stock soon after the 80 million story was released and the stock took off?
    orion575 likes this.
    07-03-2013 08:08 AM
    I wonder if this is only the OG Galaxy S4? The S4 Active looks like it is creating quite a following but only on ATT at the moment! I was looking hard at the S4 Google edition, but will hold to see what the Moto X brings before deciding. I love the Koreans, but have to support my homies in Fort Worth, where the Moto X will be assembled.
    07-03-2013 08:18 AM
    I still smell something fishy. Remember when Goldman Sachs said Samsung would sell 80 million Galaxy S4s? Samsung didn't say it, financial analysts said it. Then those same analysts said Samsung wouldn't sell 80 million S4s and the Samsung stock lost ground. Sounds like market manipulation to me. I wonder how many of those analysts sold their stock soon after the 80 million story was released and the stock took off?
    These sales forecast is a bunch of b.s. if you ask me. And they are about as reliable as the weather man these days. Human behavior to purchase a product can't be predicted nor can mother nature. They get paid lots of money to make stipulations and manipulate the market. I can do an educated guess that 3rd quarter Samsung will sell an estimated 10 million units. The only difference is I don't have a title of an "analyst" to back up my claim. Look at our economy and the way it is. Part of the problem is these prediction and stipulation and people gambling millions of dollars on it. I'm an accountant and I rely on facts to tell me what I need to know.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    07-03-2013 08:34 AM
    Why would S4 sales tank anyway? They have a major brand following combined with stellar marketing. Sound like wishful thinking to me!
    07-03-2013 10:43 AM