The title of my post says it all. My phone got very warm this morning after I charged it all night. In 2 hours it from 100% to dead. I looked on the task manager and there were only 3 programs running. Is this a defective battery issue or a defective phone. I've only had it since the end of May.

Thanks
    07-03-2013 10:57 AM
    The title of my post says it all. My phone got very warm this morning after I charged it all night. In 2 hours it from 100% to dead. I looked on the task manager and there were only 3 programs running. Is this a defective battery issue or a defective phone. I've only had it since the end of May.

Thanks
    Did you check the battery stats to see if anything was draining the battery? Could be a software issue or battery issue and at worse, hardware. :-(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    07-03-2013 11:05 AM
    No, unfortunately I didn't. I was at work and very busy. I tried calling AT&T, but the phone died in the middle of the call.
    07-03-2013 11:28 AM
    No, unfortunately I didn't. I was at work and very busy. I tried calling AT&T, but the phone died in the middle of the call.
    Try getting the battery exchanged to see if it happens again but if possible get phone replaced as well to avoid a delay in case phone is defective. ;-)

07-03-2013 11:35 AM
    Do you know what the warranty is on these?
    07-03-2013 11:39 AM
    Do you know what the warranty is on these?
    Should be a one year warranty on the device and battery and charger on Samsungs end but in some cases I've had att honor a replacement for me due to the issue. Never hurts to try! =)

07-03-2013 11:41 AM
    I went to the ATT store and they said the easiest thing to do is to replace the phone. So I am going to another ATT store to pick it up tonight. Thank you for the help. :-)
    07-03-2013 04:24 PM
    I went to the ATT store and they said the easiest thing to do is to replace the phone. So I am going to another ATT store to pick it up tonight. Thank you for the help. :-)
    Anytime! Glad to help. If you think I helped you can feel free to press thanks :-)

07-03-2013 04:37 PM
    LOL. If that was Verizon, they'd probably offer to just SELL you a replacement at full cost. :P

Glad to hear AT&T is taking care of the issue.
    07-03-2013 08:00 PM
    Interesting thing happened at the AT&T service center. I went to get my new phone, and they said they would only replace the battery. So then I asked the inevitable, "do you have any in stock?". Nope, none in stock! The soonest I could get one was Friday afternoon through the mail, UPS, or whoever they use. This distressed me because I cannot afford to not have a phone for 2 days. Then the service person lectured me about keeping my phone plugged in all night. Said it would hurt the battery. And also not to use the car charger for too long. I considered this a bunch of b.s. and left in kind of a huff. I then went to an AT&T store down the road and asked if there was anything they could do for me. They told me they didn't have any in stock, but I could go next door to Battery Plus and get one. But alas, I struck out there too, as they explained they don't usually receive batteries until a product has been out for 6 months. In a last ditch effort, I went back to the AT&T store to see if they could suggest another place to find a battery. I was met at the door by a very attractive female store manager. I explained my plight to her, hoping to get some direction on what to do next. Instead, she walked right over to one of the display models, took the battery out of it and gave it to me! I offered to bring it back when I got my battery in the mail, but she told me to forget it. I thanked her profusely, and have now enjoyed a working phone for the last 2 days.

How often do we see customer service like this anymore? I wish I would have written the manager's name down, because I would have written a letter on her behalf to AT&T stating the outstanding service she provided to a desperate customer. In fact, even though it is out of my way home, I may go back there to get her name, as well as give back the battery.
    iFebby likes this.
    07-05-2013 03:50 PM
    That's great, well the end was. These days its more often than not once you're out the door with a new phone, they couldn't care less what happens after that. I find this especially true in areas where these "service centers" are nearby. It's too easy for a store to pass customers off to them and of course these centers don't have anything new in stock. I bet if your POS Skyrocket went to crap, a replacement would fall from the ceiling for them.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-05-2013 06:08 PM