I'm a photographer and like to use my phone in addition to my DSLR. I'm noticing that photo apps (all I'm using for now since my iPhone favorites VSCOcam and Hipstamatic don't have Android apps) for the S4 don't support the 13MP resolution, namely Snapseed (makes my files 3MP's!!) and Aviary (maxes out at 12MP) and the stock Messaging app resizes my photos by compressing and makes them horrid.

Any word when these apps will be updated to support the S4?

Are there apps that uses the full resolution of the S4?

Any instant messaging apps that won't over compress my photos when I send them?
    07-03-2013 11:10 AM
    I'm a photographer and like to use my phone in addition to my DSLR. I'm noticing that photo apps (all I'm using for now since my iPhone favorites VSCOcam and Hipstamatic don't have Android apps) for the S4 don't support the 13MP resolution, namely Snapseed (makes my files 3MP's!!) and Aviary (maxes out at 12MP) and the stock Messaging app resizes my photos by compressing and makes them horrid.

Any word when these apps will be updated to support the S4?

Are there apps that uses the full resolution of the S4?

Any instant messaging apps that won't over compress my photos when I send them?
    My girlfriend doesn't believe me when I say that sending pictures through MMS degrades the quality on the other end. Thank you for confirming this and showing me that I'm not crazy. I always attach them to email and send through that.

Just so I stay on topic, Hangouts and WhatsApp are really good for picture sending, as they do not degrade the picture quality at all. I expect that when BBM arrives, it will also take advantage of the full resolution of the pictures and not compress them beyond recognition.
    irishleo likes this.
    07-03-2013 11:44 AM