Ok so I've had my galaxy for about 6 weeks, I've just noticed (somehow due to having wifi switched off) that if I go to my battery settings under

Settings - more - battery

And at the top where it states how many hours my phones been switched on and the small green, grey and blue lines I have noticed that the blue line appears broken in several places..

If I then click onto this section the whole 'history details' has funny broken blue lines under the awake and screen section, the lines look like the black lines on a barcode etc, only blue

I'm sure this is not right and the lines should in fact be whole?

Anyway, I emailed samsung about this and they told me to reset it back to factory settings, helpful, as it is most likely a small software conflict and can be resolved by resetting it

However, I understand that if I was to reset the device back to factory settings I would lose everything on the deceive!
    Therefore, I'm asking how to back up my device to a point where even after the factory reset has taken place all my data etc will still be on the device, or be able to easily be put back, without having to start from scratch!

Is a reset really necessary or shall I just leave it as the lines are, I don't really want the information they're trying to display anyway, it's just bothering me... Or if I leave it will the problem get worse?

Thanks
    07-04-2013 02:03 PM
    That blue line represents when your wifi is on. The broken line (barcode effect) illustrates interruptions or times when wifi is off. A continuous blue line would indicate wifi on without interruption or not being turned off.
    07-04-2013 02:10 PM