Lock Screen Issue (Galaxy S4)

sg_s4

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I got my S4 yesterday, and I've been trying to configure the lock screen. I changed the screen lock to "pattern", but I still had to swipe every time I went to my lock screen. I checked the settings, yet it still said my screen security was "pattern." Once I restarted my phone, the lock screen appeared to be pattern. However, every time after that, the lock screen returned to "swipe." I tried multiple screen lock options, but every time I go to my lock screen I still have to swipe. I honestly can't figure out what is wrong! :'(

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I got my S4 yesterday, and I've been trying to configure the lock screen. I changed the screen lock to "pattern", but I still had to swipe every time I went to my lock screen. I checked the settings, yet it still said my screen security was "pattern." Once I restarted my phone, the lock screen appeared to be pattern. However, every time after that, the lock screen returned to "swipe." I tried multiple screen lock options, but every time I go to my lock screen I still have to swipe. I honestly can't figure out what is wrong! :'(

Hi and welcome the the Android family... they are to setting screen timeout and secure lock screen. If you secure lock is not set for lock instantly after pressing lock button you got to change it. Go to setting>My device>Accessibility>secured lock time>Instantly with power key or when screen time out. Hope this help

galaxys4mash

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Needed some help on an issue on my Samsung Galaxy S4. After my phone goes to sleep (blank screen), When I press the HOME KEY to wake it up, the screen doesn't wake up. I have to press the side power button to open it. I checked with the technician and he says home button is fine, not broken. I even hard resetted the phone to factory settings still the same issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Farrukh

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz