Having some touch problems on my brand new S4

minotir

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I recieved my S4 yesterday and I was thrilled to start testing it out. I was kinda dissapointed when i figured out that the phone didn't do the things my fingers wanted it to.
Examples:
If I hold my finger on an app it should release from the screen and I should be able to move it. This only happens some times, but mostly it just opens the app.
If I scroll through pages or the start screen I open a link or an app if I thouch it while scrolling.
In Snapchat, if I try to hold the camera button to capture a movie it only work every 5th time or something like that. Same problem when I try to open pictures or videos on Snapchat I have to tap 4-5 times for it to work.
When i try to write text with Swype it writes one single letter standalone before the word starts to appear. VERY irritating!

I had an S3 before my S4 and I know how a smart phone should react to touching and swyping.

If this is the way the S4 works I won't hesitate switching back to my S3, because this sucks! :p

Is there anything I should try to fix it or should I return it?

(btw, I don't have any plastic film on the screen.)

-Sindre

hectorvalero

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever find anything with the S4 or just got it swapped out? I have the funkiest behavior with mine and like you I come from the S3 and no way the screen should respond like this.

Plenty of times I can't even end a call until it just hangs up on it's own because the screen doesn't respond

minotir

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever find anything with the S4 or just got it swapped out? I have the funkiest behavior with mine and like you I come from the S3 and no way the screen should respond like this.

Plenty of times I can't even end a call until it just hangs up on it's own because the screen doesn't respond

Hi! I had to send it to the shop to get it repaired. They replaced the screen and then it worked perfectly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt