Hi all,

Happy 4th of July to all the American forum members! I have noticed while viewing photos of phones on the forums that many United States carriers plaster their logo on the phones and in most cases in the worst spots. Why is this? It is such an eyesore! LOL

Example - I saw a photo of a Note 2 with a Verizon logo plastered on the home button, also a Razr HD with the carrier info plastered on the back cover.

I live in Canada and currently own a Galaxy S4 and in the past owned a Note 2 - both with not one carrier logo on them anywhere. I can't recall owning a phone that ever had the carrier logo on it. At the end of the day I can see the carrier wanting to "brand" for marketing purposes but on the home button? Why not brand it with a small logo at the base of the phone on the back IF they really need to do so? I wonder how many people have not purchased a Note 2 directly from Verizon due to the logo in an eyesore spot like the home button?
    07-04-2013 05:14 PM
    It's just marketing and a means to promote thier own brand. It also helps establish a unique identity to their phones.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    07-04-2013 05:18 PM
    Interesting...I don't have that problem. Just put a case on it. My case came with zero branding

07-04-2013 09:31 PM
    Interesting...I don't have that problem. Just put a case on it. My case came with zero branding

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2395/93pr.jpg
    That will work in some cases but I would like to see a case that covers the Note 2 home button on Verizon LOL.
    Topgonzo likes this.
    07-04-2013 09:34 PM
    That will work in some cases but I would like to see a case that covers the Note 2 home button on Verizon LOL.
    Just depends on the manufacturer and their deal with the carrier. The Galaxies are branded. I don't know how but my HTC One has no carrier branding.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    07-05-2013 06:50 AM
    There isn't a single carrier logo on Sprint's version of the Note 2 except on the boot screen when you start it up.
    SenseMonkey likes this.
    07-05-2013 07:27 AM
    Hi all,

Happy 4th of July to all the American forum members! I have noticed while viewing photos of phones on the forums that many United States carriers plaster their logo on the phones and in most cases in the worst spots. Why is this? It is such an eyesore! LOL

Example - I saw a photo of a Note 2 with a Verizon logo plastered on the home button, also a Razr HD with the carrier info plastered on the back cover.

I live in Canada and currently own a Galaxy S4 and in the past owned a Note 2 - both with not one carrier logo on them anywhere. I can't recall owning a phone that ever had the carrier logo on it. At the end of the day I can see the carrier wanting to "brand" for marketing purposes but on the home button? Why not brand it with a small logo at the base of the phone on the back IF they really need to do so? I wonder how many people have not purchased a Note 2 directly from Verizon due to the logo in an eyesore spot like the home button?
    My Sprint Galaxy S4 has no Sprint logo except on the boot up screen.

From my Sammy Galaxy S4
    07-05-2013 08:49 AM