Don't they work?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    07-05-2013 12:00 AM
    Nope, they usually disable important features and can cause problems.
    redimpala01, paulhead and Almeuit like this.
    07-05-2013 12:22 AM
    I have used JuiceDefender . My opinion is that it causes more problems than it solves.
    redimpala01 likes this.
    07-05-2013 12:57 AM
    I have juice defender ultimate, and it definitely works, it added about an extra 2 hours on my s4

Sent from my GT-I9500
    07-05-2013 03:39 AM
    Some of them do, but they require alot of tinkering to be effective. I would also suggest juice defender pro if you want to go that route.

I would suggest you buy the spare battery charger (it comes with a spare battery) instead though. You can get one from Samsung for about 25 bucks if you register your S4 with samsung. (They'll send you an email for 50% off accessories 50$ and less). With a spare battery you never shouldn't worry about running dry, and you won't have to sacrifice functionality.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-05-2013 04:01 AM
    I feel like it works. Who knows. I don't think that I'm using anything now.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-05-2013 05:26 AM
    I have battery Doctor and it turns things off causing all kinds of head scratching.... The other day it disabled all kinds of background syncing which I don't want - I finally gave in and turned off google now.... Wow, what a difference it makes. I had it on my s3 and now the s4 and refused to turn it off because I like it - it makes a big difference in batter life.

Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk
    Formerly "Evo_girl"
    07-05-2013 07:58 AM
    I don't bother. Takes battery to run it lol.I have a spare battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    07-05-2013 09:05 AM
    I've been using BatteryGuru for a month now and it seems to have helped a bit. From what I can tell it mostly just stops certain apps from refreshing when there's a good chance you won't use them (e.g. I don't use Google+ very much so I set it to not refresh unless I open it). So how much of a difference it makes will depend heavily on how you use your phone. FWIW, I haven't seen any down side. My phone performance is as good as it always has been and my battery life definitely isn't worse.
    edgefever likes this.
    07-05-2013 09:15 AM
    DS Battery Saver turns of your data except for when you specify windows for it to be on. It does work but you sacrifice constantly getting updates. If you can live with that, then it will just about reduce drainage when your screen is off.

Greenify for rooted phones works the same way, but you choose which apps you want to pause. I do not think they will un-hibernate unless you open them. Again, you have to setup yourself and you only get syncing when you open the application.
    07-05-2013 12:44 PM
    Nope, they usually disable important features and can cause problems.
    This in my opinion is correct. I used Juice Defender Ultimate for awhile... It saved a little battery but at the cost of cutting my mobile data and things like that so push mail and syncs didn't work. Annoyed me more than helped.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    07-05-2013 12:52 PM
    I use 2X Battery and it works AMAZING
    Much better than Juice Defender, and makes a noticeable difference
    I have not had any issues with my device...try that

Most people have problems because they don't take the time to set it up before using it...
    07-05-2013 01:57 PM
    This in my opinion is correct. I used Juice Defender Ultimate for awhile... It saved a little battery but at the cost of cutting my mobile data and things like that so push mail and syncs didn't work. Annoyed me more than helped.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    True. I tried using Juice Defender and other battery saver apps in the past. It's really frustrating how they would suddenly cut off my wifi even when I am halfway downloading or watching a video in youtube.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-05-2013 02:01 PM
    I tried Battery Guru. While still in learning mode, its been using a full charge up in about 5 to 6 hours, even while the phone is untouched overnight. I can't endure 4 days of learning mode like this, so I uninstalled. Count me among those who think battery savers are more trouble than they're worth.
    07-13-2013 09:09 AM
    I tried battery guru and it was terrible. Uninstalled after 2 days.

Sent from my SCH-I545
    07-13-2013 10:43 AM
    I tried Battery Guru. While still in learning mode, its been using a full charge up in about 5 to 6 hours, even while the phone is untouched overnight. I can't endure 4 days of learning mode like this, so I uninstalled. Count me among those who think battery savers are more trouble than they're worth.
    I tried battery guru and it was terrible. Uninstalled after 2 days.

Sent from my SCH-I545
    Yep. Battery savers are good for some but not everyone. I just find it plain annoying.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-13-2013 11:46 AM
    YES!!
    I use GreenPower BUT only have it manage the data connection (i.e.not WIFI)...certainly makes my S4 battery live more livable for myself and I don't even notice any adverse impact on typical operation.
    07-13-2013 09:00 PM
    Don't like battery savers, but I am currently trying WiFi Matic and am very impressed with battery improvement and trouble free operation.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-16-2013 02:31 PM
    I get about 21 hours on my phone GS4 with all feature turned on and screen on bright. I only turn the screen down at night
    07-16-2013 06:28 PM
    I get about 21 hours on my phone GS4 with all feature turned on and screen on bright. I only turn the screen down at night
    Do you play games or just text throughout the day?

07-17-2013 06:13 AM
    I used to have Juice Defender (free) on my Droid Razr and I didn't really see a problem with it BUT I did use Smart Actions and I had a lot of toggles on it. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about Snapdragon Battery Guru but for the most part the reviews have been good. For the people that it doesn't work for, it seems as if they weren't consistent with their phone use while it was on learning mode. I've downloaded and in about 11 hours it'll finish learning my habits and hopefully it'll show results in the next few days, although I may have to tweak the settings a little bit. I also plan on using Tasker as another battery saver type thing. I'll try to set that up the way I had Smart Actions setup such as turning data off when on Wifi (also setting which locations should the phone auto connect to the wifi), disable data when the screen is off.. things like that.
    07-17-2013 07:12 AM
    Maybe a stupid question, but I find that one of the biggest culprits when it comes to draining my battery is the Facebook app. I have Battery Guru installed so I went into it today and changed it so that it would only refresh when I open it.

Will this prevent it from sending me notifications when someone posts on my wall or sends me a message?
    07-17-2013 09:22 AM
    how often did you have facebook refreshing itself prior to downloading Battery Guru? If you have it set to actually notify you along with a short refresh rate then yes it will drain the battery. Anyway, if you have it set to refresh facebook when it opens then it's kind of like setting the refresh interval to manual so you won't get those notifications until you open them. If you don't want to do that, just set the refresh interval on the app to maybe 1 hour and turn off the notifications so it drains less battery.
    Cowboy8467 likes this.
    07-17-2013 12:50 PM
    Do you play games or just text throughout the day?

No but I am on the phone a lot texting email.
    07-17-2013 05:38 PM
    I use Juice Defender Ultimate on mine, had it on my previous phone, and it works for me.
    07-17-2013 05:49 PM