Email icon on Galaxy s4

rhammer02

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy s4. I am supposed to have the number of unread emails on the email icon but I don't. All the correct boxes are checked and I get that function on my text message icon. Any suggestions word be helpful. I have had Samsung in the past so I am familiar with Touchwiz and the way that it work I just have this problem I can't seem to figure out.

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
You'll probably need to check some settings. Or just use the Email app for your account instead of the Generic email that comes with the phone. If I had only 1 email account, I would probably just use gmail instead of the email.

rhammer02

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I added my other email to the app and it stared working. I didn't change anything it just started working. They are both imap accounts. Oh well, it works and that is all I wanted.

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I added my other email to the app and it stared working. I didn't change anything it just started working. They are both imap accounts. Oh well, it works and that is all I wanted.
Glad you sorted it out. These phones seem a tad buggy out of the gates and I'm sure we'll be receiving updates as time goes on that corrects some of the glitches.