Hi folks. I have two issues that are really bugging me with my Galaxy S4 (Verizon - rooted). The first deals with my Google account. I have sync turned on in the pull down preferences field. In the Accounts section of the pull down, I have the sync fields checked in my Google account that I want synced (contacts, gmail). Automatic sync keeps failing saying 'Sync error - Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.' From the Goggle account screen, if I click on the account and then click 'Sync now' sync works fine. Can anyone help me with this?

The other problems Tasker and Screen Lock. I use Tasker / Secure Settings to disable pattern lock when I'm on my home WiFi. It kind of works. But for some reason it seems that often when it enables and switches to swipe mode, the phone locks up and I have to reboot to get it back. Any help with this one?

Thanks all. I love my S4 but I am still learning it.

Rob
    07-05-2013 02:22 PM
    The other problems Tasker and Screen Lock. I use Tasker / Secure Settings to disable pattern lock when I'm on my home WiFi. It kind of works. But for some reason it seems that often when it enables and switches to swipe mode, the phone locks up and I have to reboot to get it back. Any help with this one?
    Did you find a solution to your issue?

New to Tasker here, just offering up some observations. I've been using Tasker to perform automatic unlocks for a few days, and I have the same issue as you. However, I have noticed that the phone is not frozen, it is merely not accepting touch input at the lockscreen level. I assume that this has something to do with the lockscreen not changing states until the display is turned on, though I am not sure.

I have created another profile that toggles the security mode with a quick shake of the device for when this occurs. It is a workaround, but it saves me the trouble of rebooting the phone if I am having trouble with this issue.
    08-22-2013 10:50 AM
    For the Tasker screen lock issue, download an app called Secure Settings from the play store. And use it to set/unset a PIN lock instead of a key guard. You'll be limited to a PIN lock but it'll work

Posted via Android Central App
    08-22-2013 11:23 AM