As you know, they made the Armour for the S3, we [the S4 owners] need to band together to get them to create the Armour for the S4.

I'd gladly pay the higher price for the Armour and replace my Defender with it, and I know a few other people who have an S4 that have told me the same thing!
    07-06-2013 09:56 AM
    As you know, they made the Armour for the S3, we [the S4 owners] need to band together to get them to create the Armour for the S4.

I'd gladly pay the higher price for the Armour and replace my Defender with it, and I know a few other people who have an S4 that have told me the same thing!
    Doubt we'll see one soon.
    Sullivan McCurdy likes this.
    07-06-2013 11:14 AM
    Awww yes the OtterBox Armor, for the folks who want nearly 3 times the rubber & plastic of the Defender series surrounding their sleek new smartphone until it looks & feels like a 6 lb. brick.
    Plus I hear they don't work all that good.
    satannik likes this.
    07-06-2013 11:23 AM
    Awww yes the OtterBox Armor, for the folks who want nearly 3 times the rubber & plastic of the Defender series surrounding their sleek new smartphone until it looks & feels like a 6 lb. brick.
    Plus I hear they don't work all that good.
    http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaez...xy-s3-v5-2.jpg
    There is nothing wrong with the Armor series, I have one for my iPhone 5 that I take with me when I got to the lake or float down the Sandy here in Oregon. It works great. As a daily driver though? No, no way. It's way to chunky to keep on all the time. I can handle it for a few hours or maybe a whole day while doing water activities.
    SenseMonkey and qxr like this.
    07-06-2013 12:14 PM
    There is nothing wrong with the Armor series, I have one for my iPhone 5 that I take with me when I got to the lake or float down the Sandy here in Oregon. It works great. As a daily driver though? No, no way. It's way to chunky to keep on all the time. I can handle it for a few hours or maybe a whole day while doing water activities.
    Thats why i want one too sp whenever i go out to the beach or someplace rough lol..

From my Sammy Galaxy S4
    07-06-2013 03:38 PM
    I have had friends whose iPhones have suffered catastrophic damage despite being in a otterbox.
    Not Quite Right and satannik like this.
    07-06-2013 04:10 PM
    Not my cup of tea. Why not just put the phone in a briefcase

Posted via Android Central App
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    07-06-2013 04:25 PM
    Not my cup of tea. Why not just put the phone in a briefcase

Posted via Android Central App
    Lol. Good one. The bulkiest case I like from otterbox is the commuter case.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    20blks and qxr like this.
    07-06-2013 09:05 PM
    I have had friends whose iPhones have suffered catastrophic damage despite being in a otterbox.
    That can be the case with ALL cases. However the Armor is ridiculous. I have thrown my iPhone off a third floor balcony on to concrete below, took it white water rafting, just about everything you can think of outdoors wise and it has been just fine. Great case, just too big.

- - - Updated - - -

That can be the case with ALL cases. However the Armor is ridiculous. I have thrown my iPhone off a third floor balcony on to concrete below, took it white water rafting, just about everything you can think of outdoors wise and it has been just fine. Great case, just too big.
    07-06-2013 10:05 PM
    How does the otterbox armour compare to Lifeproof cases?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-09-2013 01:09 AM
    Well that's all well and good for those who aren't highly active in their lives... I have an S4 but work at a job that has an on call phone which is an iPhone 5 in an armor series.

That phone, in the armor series, is indestructible. I've fallen into a pool (to 6 feet/~2 meters) with it, ran it over at full speed with a carryall 252 (Google Image Result for http://www.jeffreyalleninc.com/userfiles/images/Carryall%2520252%2520pic.jpg), and for about 1 minute dropped it to the bottom of a 16ft(~5m) pool.

Having seen what the armor series has been able to withstand (read: me) It makes me want to have an armor series on my S4.

So it's big, what-the-****-ever, this case makes your phone a cockroach... nuclear weapons would have a difficult time finishing it off.... Which is EXACTLY why I want an armor series for my S4! I want the armor series because I want ALL of the bells and whistles without ANY durability issues, no matter the cost!
    qxr and Sullivan McCurdy like this.
    09-08-2013 04:24 AM
    I'd love one for my morning beach runs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-09-2013 08:38 AM
    yeah!!!!!!
    09-29-2013 04:13 PM
    Well, then.. after reading the "bulk" reviews on the Armour, maybe I need to get my eyes off it. It woldn't work for me, I never carry a purse!! I have the Lifeproof Fre for my S4 and has no bulk whatsoever. However, the sound is horrible! Incoming calls sound muffled and outgoing calls sound like I'm under water (it's what I've been told).. I hope they fix this issue soon, I really like the case..
    12-04-2013 01:13 AM