when there is an active call, doing anything else makes me unheard by the other person. This happens when I turn the speaker on, trying to add another call, or going to the home screen.
    Is this normal with android phones?

Galaxy S4
    07-06-2013 06:13 PM
    I am not sure if this helps but the gs3 doesn't have that problem and I just placed and active call while web surfing
    07-06-2013 06:30 PM
    when there is an active call, doing anything else makes me unheard by the other person. This happens when I turn the speaker on, trying to add another call, or going to the home screen.
    Is this normal with android phones?

Galaxy S4
    Nope not normal. I can do anything while I'm on a call.

GS4 Love
    07-06-2013 07:10 PM
    Sorry for the mistake here. Actually it's just when adding a new call that the other end doesn't hear me. Did you ever try that? it's still a kind of weakness in this device. if you are in an ongoing call with someone and you want to type a number he/she is giving you, you need to do the following;
    - turn the speaker on
    - add a new call
    - in keypad, you dial the number as you hear the other person saying it out. (you don't need to proceed and call if you don't want to)
    When you're done with your current call, the number you want to dial (or save) is there.
    That's what I usually do using my iPhone. This is basically useful when calling the operator to ask about a telephone number.
    With S4 it's not possible. The moment you tap the "Add Call", you are not heard any more by the person you are talking to.

Nope not normal. I can do anything while I'm on a call.

GS4 Love
    07-07-2013 04:25 PM
    Looks like the Samsung dialer does an automatic MUTE when you hit add call probably to not blast your caller with dtmf tones. Two suggestions. Replace the dialer with a 3rd party one--GO Dialer doesn't mute. If the primary use is just to jot down what the caller is saying you could use something like Floating Notes2 to popup a notepad on top of the dialer.
    07-08-2013 10:45 AM
    Sorry for the mistake here. Actually it's just when adding a new call that the other end doesn't hear me. Did you ever try that? it's still a kind of weakness in this device. if you are in an ongoing call with someone and you want to type a number he/she is giving you, you need to do the following;
    - turn the speaker on
    - add a new call
    - in keypad, you dial the number as you hear the other person saying it out. (you don't need to proceed and call if you don't want to)
    When you're done with your current call, the number you want to dial (or save) is there.
    That's what I usually do using my iPhone. This is basically useful when calling the operator to ask about a telephone number.
    With S4 it's not possible. The moment you tap the "Add Call", you are not heard any more by the person you are talking to.
    I just compose an email to myself or a new contact and enter the phone number into that. I can always cut-and-paste the number into the dialer from the email, or call using the new contact.
    07-08-2013 10:50 AM
    Thanks Judh. I'll give it a try.
    Looks like the Samsung dialer does an automatic MUTE when you hit add call probably to not blast your caller with dtmf tones. Two suggestions. Replace the dialer with a 3rd party one--GO Dialer doesn't mute. If the primary use is just to jot down what the caller is saying you could use something like Floating Notes2 to popup a notepad on top of the dialer.
    07-12-2013 08:29 PM