Gone from iOS to android SMS problem

astroboi82

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

2 days ago I went and bought a Galaxy S4, switching from an iPhone 5
Since I have started using the galaxy the problem I am having is I'm receiving SMS normally but also at the same time each one also comes through to my email

I turned imessage and also face time off on the iPhone before I started using the galaxy, but obviously that hasn't made a difference,
Has anyone got any idea why this is happening ? I'm assuming it has something to do with apple ?

Cheers

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
You have to deactivate your phone number from iMessage. Basically disassociate it. I have this problem all the time. I switch between iPhone and Android and without fail this happens to me every time. For me it takes a couple of days before my texts come through with no issues.

astroboi82

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I have followed that link and De registered both my iPhones from there, is that all I have to do?

Thanks again for your assistance

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If you go into Settings>Accounts you should see your Exchange/Email account. Click on the Exchange ActiveSync account and then select settings. Scroll down to the bottom and then click on More Settings. On this screen you'll see an option to Sync SMS. Make sure this is unchecked.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have followed that link and De registered both my iPhones from there, is that all I have to do?

Thanks again for your assistance

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

From my instructions, yes. It will hit Apple and will no longer associated with anything iMessage. Like I said above it has usually taken me a day or so for it to drop off and everything get back to norm. Good luck!

astroboi82

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
If you go into Settings>Accounts you should see your Exchange/Email account. Click on the Exchange ActiveSync account and then select settings. Scroll down to the bottom and then click on More Settings. On this screen you'll see an option to Sync SMS. Make sure this is unchecked.
Just did this, problem solved !! Thanks so much for the advice

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek