Google Now and integration with non-stock apps

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been back and forth on keeping my iphone and switching to the GS4. One plus for ios would seem to be the integration of apps (since you cannot use a non-stock app). One huge advantage of google is the plethora of third party apps you can switch to, ie touchdown, chomp etc.

My question and something I did not figure out when I tried the GS4 before for a couple of weeks is, will Google Now integrate with those third party apps. IOW, if I tell it to "text" will it know to use an app like chomp or if I tell it to email will it know to use touchdown or enhanced email.

bigmike09890

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Short answer, almost always. If Google now doesn't handle the operation itself then it will use the default app. The apps can be set to be the default for certain actions. I'm not sure if Google now will send then text itself but if not it will send it to your default sms app. I believe the same works with notes, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been back and forth on keeping my iphone and switching to the GS4. One plus for ios would seem to be the integration of apps (since you cannot use a non-stock app). One huge advantage of google is the plethora of third party apps you can switch to, ie touchdown, chomp etc.

My question and something I did not figure out when I tried the GS4 before for a couple of weeks is, will Google Now integrate with those third party apps. IOW, if I tell it to "text" will it know to use an app like chomp or if I tell it to email will it know to use touchdown or enhanced email.

You may be thinking of S voice, instead of Google now? Either way, when you have multiple options on an Android device, and you direct your phone to do something, it will usually ask which app you'd like to perform the action with, and then ask you if you want to do it "just once" or "always". You can set the default action, or choose to use that app just one time.

?Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk ?
?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae