Please help me this is my first time buying a high-end smartphone
    , it the international version, gt-i9500 and its been a month and 2 weeks since i got it

the first issue, sometimes the camera just get stuck, and the phone restarts
    one other time, i can hear others during a call but they cant hear me - i fixed this through factory reset
    some other time again, during a call, the call-ee can hear me and i cant hear them - solved this through factory reset too

Now, a bigger problem smashed up,
    when i connect the s4 to my laptop, noting happens.
    Yes, the normal usb options does not come up the notification bar. I cant transfer any files to / from pc - s4
    Someone help me

I just googled android forums,and here i am, registering an account just to hear out any comments that may help me
    07-08-2013 08:01 AM
    Please help me this is my first time buying a high-end smartphone
    , it the international version, gt-i9500 and its been a month and 2 weeks since i got it

the first issue, sometimes the camera just get stuck, and the phone restarts
    one other time, i can hear others during a call but they cant hear me - i fixed this through factory reset
    some other time again, during a call, the call-ee can hear me and i cant hear them - solved this through factory reset too

Now, a bigger problem smashed up,
    when i connect the s4 to my laptop, noting happens.
    Yes, the normal usb options does not come up the notification bar. I cant transfer any files to / from pc - s4
    Someone help me

I just googled android forums,and here i am, registering an account just to hear out any comments that may help me
    Seems like the phone firmware has problems.

As for the USB part, have you tried putting the phone into USB Debugging mode?
    n92991 likes this.
    07-08-2013 08:16 AM
    Seems like the phone firmware has problems.

As for the USB part, have you tried putting the phone into USB Debugging mode?

usb debuging?
    nah just heard of it, so how is this ''usb debugging'' which you speak of done??
    07-08-2013 08:25 AM
    usb debuging?
    nah just heard of it, so how is this ''usb debugging'' which you speak of done??
    Go to Settings > More > Developer Options > USB debugging
    07-08-2013 08:30 AM
    That didnt work my friend
    07-08-2013 08:35 AM
    That didnt work my friend
    Try downloading and installing Samsung drivers to your PC.

Sent from a Carbon Galaxy S3.
    07-08-2013 08:38 AM
    Try downloading and installing Samsung drivers to your PC.

Sent from a Carbon Galaxy S3.
    Won't your pc automatically install drivers as soon as you connect it?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-08-2013 08:48 AM
    Yh thats what should be happenin, But that aint happening now .... can anyone link me to a driver download?/?/
    07-08-2013 08:54 AM
    Go into Samsung official website and go to the download center.

07-08-2013 09:15 AM
    Won't your pc automatically install drivers as soon as you connect it?

It should, yes. The GS4, as with almost all new Android phones running anything higher than ICS, use standardized MTP/PTP protocols for USB-to-computer connections, so the device should be picked up by windows computers without the need to install additional drivers (the drivers are generally only necessary if you're doing more advanced tasks over USB, such as accessing it via adb or fastboot or using ODIN to flash firmware). Having said that, it may not hurt to try.

To the OP: when you plug in the device, does *anything* happen? Do you get the familiar "new device" audible notification chime? Does it show up in device manager? Do any error messages appear on screen? ...or just simply "nothing" happen?

First thing I'd do is rule out an issue with the USB port by trying a different port on my PC...then I'd rule out an issue with the PC itself by trying to access my phone on a different computer to see if that works...
    07-08-2013 09:45 AM
    It should, yes. The GS4, as with almost all new Android phones running anything higher than ICS, use standardized MTP/PTP protocols for USB-to-computer connections, so the device should be picked up by windows computers without the need to install additional drivers (the drivers are generally only necessary if you're doing more advanced tasks over USB, such as accessing it via adb or fastboot or using ODIN to flash firmware). Having said that, it may not hurt to try.

To the OP: when you plug in the device, does *anything* happen? Do you get the familiar "new device" audible notification chime? Does it show up in device manager? Do any error messages appear on screen? ...or just simply "nothing" happen?

First thing I'd do is rule out an issue with the USB port by trying a different port on my PC...then I'd rule out an issue with the PC itself by trying to access my phone on a different computer to see if that works...
    Go to Samsung.com and download the USB drivers into your computer, that should fix the recognition problem.
    07-08-2013 11:06 PM
    Depends on whether it's supported or not.

07-09-2013 08:40 AM