Got my S4 when my older Android died. Loving it but have some new guy questions.

1. How do I upload a screen shot to the forum?
    2. Saw that my memory was low and checked what was running. Found things like music (Pandora, etc), maps, other apps I used in the past few days, and some I hadn't used since my last restart. Are there settings to have them stop when I exit (home key) out of them? Or do I need to get an app killer app to kill them?
    3. When I restart I get a Facebook notification to log in to sync apps. I don't want to have Facebook publish what apps I use. Happily discovered how to not have my photos sync.

Thanks in advance.
    07-08-2013 05:18 PM
    Got my S4 when my older Android died. Loving it but have some new guy questions.

1. How do I upload a screen shot to the forum?
    2. Saw that my memory was low and checked what was running. Found things like music (Pandora, etc), maps, other apps I used in the past few days, and some I hadn't used since my last restart. Are there settings to have them stop when I exit (home key) out of them? Or do I need to get an app killer app to kill them?
    3. When I restart I get a Facebook notification to log in to sync apps. I don't want to have Facebook publish what apps I use. Happily discovered how to not have my photos sync.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi.. I can help you with number 2. There is a widget call task manager it is all ready come with the GS4. Go to a home screen and add widget go find task manager, when you click on it, it will open up a app where you can end all your apps at once and clear RAM. It would help if you long press the home button and close out your apps that way. There is a way to tell your phone to end all apps say after 5 apps are open but the only way I know what to do this is in developer mode.
    07-08-2013 05:35 PM
    For number 2 have you been having performance issues or notifications that your RAM is low? The idea is that Android purposefully leaves your most used apps in RAM to speed up performance and then removes apps you aren't using from RAM if it gets low. Unless you're seeing problems, compulsively killing apps has the potential to reduce performance. You can always disable apps you don't ever use, though.

Which leads to number 3. There's a specific Facebook app that's called "SNS" that you can disable that will stop it from asking that. IIRC, it's asking to sync up programs you run in Facebook on a browser with their Android counterparts.
    JT Peters likes this.
    07-09-2013 09:30 AM