Hello,

Okay I don't want to sound like a total ***** but.....
    Do I need to "root" my phone to use themes I have found online?
    If not how do you use the themes I have downloaded from various sites?

I just got the Samsung Galaxy S4, and was excited to see that like my old blackberries, I can use themes on this phone too!!

Thanks so Much Everyone...
    07-09-2013 02:02 AM
    Welcome to android, and do not feel like a ***** whatever that is, you have a very good question. As far as my knowledge goes you don't have to root your phone for themes. There are applications in the Play Store called launchers that let you modify your UI in many ways and can let you download several themes for it. I use Nova Prime and I recommend it highly but there are many other good launchers for you to try out. If your question is if there are themes for TouchWiz, I'm almost certain there aren't but if I'm wrong someone feel free to correct me. Here's an example of Nova Launcher with a custom icon pack:

And what do you mean by various sites? If you downloaded themes online you probably need a special launcher or maybe you do need to root in order for those themes to work. Maybe you can give us more info where you downloaded them from.
    07-09-2013 02:23 AM
    Thank you for your quick reply. I found themes here Free Samsung Galaxy S 4G Themes - mobile9

I have used a launcher like you said to use them, but now I cannot seem to get back to my "normal" theme (the one the phone came with). Could you tell how to get my phone back to the way it was?

BTW I love your theme!! So far the ones I have found aren't very user friendly.
    iHackPro likes this.
    07-09-2013 03:51 AM
    Thank you for your quick reply. I found themes here Free Samsung Galaxy S 4G Themes - mobile9

I have used a launcher like you said to use them, but now I cannot seem to get back to my "normal" theme (the one the phone came with). Could you tell how to get my phone back to the way it was?

BTW I love your theme!! So far the ones I have found aren't very user friendly.
    Whatever launcher you are using, let's say Nova, go to Settings/Application Manager/Nova Launcher Prime/Clear Defaults. Then, press the home button and select TouchWiz home, and click always. It will go back to the default launcher, or "theme" that the phone came with.

Sent from a Rooted Galaxy S3
    07-09-2013 07:13 AM