So I just went and got an s4 yesterday (had a razr m) And so far im liking this a lot better, preforms more like I wanted and needed from a phone. However this thing is going through battery FAST and takes forever to charge (could have just been because it was down to 6%) but its draining fast and even though I guess you could say I am a heavy user, I have never had a phone drain this fast. I am looking for some better options but I have some issues in the way. First off I have an otterbox, So I cant have something that requires an oversized batter door, since it won't fit in the case. I looked around and haven't seen something that would fit. Also with the otterbox I don't want to be taking it on and off more that nessacary so that really knocks out getting a spare battery and charger and going that route.

Does anyone know of an extended battery that would work without using a different batterdoor? Mayber a charger that charges fast? I don't mind plugging in to charge if I need to but would like for it to atleast charge quickly and not take several hours?

I appreciate all help I could get on the subject. I was looking around the fourms for solutions but all batter related things keep showing me ones that required larger battery doors.
    07-09-2013 08:53 AM
    What is your definition of "fast"? Need some info to see if it's an issue or to see if your judging it differently. Try also posting battery screenshots.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    07-09-2013 09:21 AM
    Did you do the normal little things? Unbloat it some, shut down or get rid of as much as you could, and turn the screen down halfway?
    I found a new solar battery (can also usb or wall) charger at Fred Meyer for about $20. From concept green, 1250 ma when full, output is 750 ma,charges between 500-600ma. Nice little toy. Micro usb to your phone. Like a half battery that charges in the sun or car. Ambient light will fill it, takes longer of course. Basicly a small battery with a 13 photovoltaic on one side.
    07-09-2013 09:24 AM
    What is your definition of "fast"? Need some info to see if it's an issue or to see if your judging it differently. Try also posting battery screenshots.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    Ill try and post a screen shot in a little. I took it off charge 2.5 hours ago and am now at 74% battery. I dont use many apps manly fb whatsapp and some regular txting any good recommendation for an app that tracks battery usage. This phone doesnt have the same battery setting as my razr m. And if it does I just havent found it. I do close apps when I see a lot are open but ive had the phone less than 24 hours so havent put much in here. just my main things.

I do appreciate your help. And while typing this I am now at 72%
    07-09-2013 09:40 AM
    Are you using the phone while it charges? Even with using a 2A charger it will take about 2.5 hours to go from empty to fully charged, and that's if it's not using any power at all. If you use a charger that's less than that and/or use the phone while charging it will take significantly longer. Without knowing how much you're actually using the phone (or more importantly, the screen) it's difficult to tell what's going on.
    07-09-2013 10:25 AM
    Battery guru is a good start.

I'm running an Anker 5200mah battery and love it. The back door is thicker but it fits in my hand much better.

You could just get a second battery and stand alone charger. One thing I noticed is that this phone cuts on much faster than any other I have owned. My only fear with the second battery is that the stock door will get wore out.

Sent from my Samsung S4.
    07-09-2013 10:29 AM
    Are you using the phone while it charges? Even with using a 2A charger it will take about 2.5 hours to go from empty to fully charged, and that's if it's not using any power at all. If you use a charger that's less than that and/or use the phone while charging it will take significantly longer. Without knowing how much you're actually using the phone (or more importantly, the screen) it's difficult to tell what's going on.
    gonna let it go for the day and see how it works but I know last night it did take 1hr to charge from 6% to 17. im not sur3 if thats because it was soblow but I gave up and went to sleep and ya I wanst messing with it. I switched to my laptop because I noticed it wqs draining even while plugged in. I will def share a screen shot of battery life at the end of the battery and hopefully you may know if this is normal. and if so I can mqube find a fast way to charge or an extended battery that doesnt change the size of the phone so it still fits my otterbox
    07-09-2013 10:58 AM
    Battery guru is a good start.

I'm running an Anker 5200mah battery and love it. The back door is thicker but it fits in my hand much better.

You could just get a second battery and stand alone charger. One thing I noticed is that this phone cuts on much faster than any other I have owned. My only fear with the second battery is that the stock door will get wore out.

Sent from my Samsung S4.
    Can't change the size of the phone or it wont fit in my otterbox and I have to have that. but thanks
    07-09-2013 11:00 AM
    If you have an otter box that kinda makes the spare batteries a tough thing to swap too...

Sent from my Samsung S4.
    07-09-2013 11:05 AM
    Are you using the charger that came with it? It is capable of charging the battery much faster than a PC or most other chargers.

There's an app called "Galaxy Charging Current" that works for me on Verizon (apparently it doesn't work on Sprint phones) and one called "Battery Charging Source and Current" that will tell you how much current the battery charger in your phone is putting out. With the supplied charger it should read something like 1900mA. On most PC USB ports it will be more like 460mA. I'd get one, or both, of those apps and verify that your charger is working properly. Again, keep in mind that using your phone will take some of that current and use it to run the phone rather than charge the battery.
    07-09-2013 11:09 AM
    I ran it down to 25% heres three screen shots to let me know if this is normal
    Attached Thumbnails New S4 user, Batter options-screenshot_2013-07-09-16-36-09.jpg   New S4 user, Batter options-screenshot_2013-07-09-16-36-59.jpg   New S4 user, Batter options-screenshot_2013-07-09-16-37-23.jpg  
    07-09-2013 04:26 PM
    That looks pretty normal to me. It looks like you're getting somewhere around 4.5 hours of screen time for a full battery charge. That's along the lines of what most other similar devices will get, IIRC.
    07-09-2013 04:46 PM